ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Harvey

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Truly devastating damage in South Texas. I’m working to raise money for Red Cross. Please consider following link below to donate and/or share on Facebook:

@Chris Harmon @Bill Lowery I hope this is okay to post here.

Thank you all for considering.

OSU fans if you read this let’s put game tall aside and show our neighbors to the south that Oklahomans care about others and will help in a moments notice!

My cousin is in Spring about 22 mi north of Houston. He's safe for the moment and still has electricity. But the next few days could change that. Does @TUBballJunkie live in the city limits of Houston or in a suburb?

Last edited:
I'm not really sure what part of Houston she's in. But everything still looked good in her neighborhood based on yesterday's Facebook post.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Most of Houston is only 43 feet above sea level so a good part of Houston is always in danger of flooding. With Global Warming things like this are only going to increase as time goes on. One example that this has been known for a while.

Last edited:
So this guy thinks sea levels are going to rise 20 feet over the next century?
Bahahahahaha

Interestingly parts of Texas surrounding Houston are also subsiding due to reservoir drainage and overburden compaction.

We've had 37" of rain in Beaumont from Harvey, and a number of evacuations due to flooding that has exceeded the previous floods in 1994 and 2001. It's been a wild ride this last weekend and this week.

Many of the roads in and out of Beaumont are currently closed and / or impassable. This was I-10 between Beaumont and Houston near Winnie today.

Last edited:
If only we had more government subsidised flood insurance and no zoning codes, this would be even better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT