ADVERTISEMENT

How to live with Covid when your're tired of living with Covid

Stopped reading when the article repeated the same old failed policy of mask mandates.

From White House Covid coordinator. Took long enough but even the Fed’s are now admitting what some of us have known for years re masks. Well…those of us who could analyze data. I do find it a bit odd we are pivoting from masks to indoor air quality

ASHISH JHA, WHITE HOUSE (00:17:471 You know, in terms of other investments, there are a lot of dollars that came out of the American Rescue Plan given to cities and states for investments in improving indoor air quality. I actually think this is probably the most important
long term thing we can be doing for schools or office buildings or nursing homes.
Indoor air quality is sort of-- has just not got the level of attention it deserves. Most experts believe that, if we make some basic investments in indoor air
quality, we can reduce, in fact, all respiratory infections by 30 or 60 or even 80%. I mean, the notion that you could cut respiratory infections-- there is no study in the world that shows that masks work that well. So you're never going to get the kind of benefit from mandatory year round masking as you would from making substantial improvements in indoor air quality, plus it's a lot easier to implement
as well. So this is an area where we're doing a lot and trying to really encourage people
to use the resources they have to make those investments and start really

So in July he said “masks really make a difference”. Contrast to last week “there is no study in the world that shows that masks work that well”. That’s not only a mixed message but an entirely different narrative….and he’s Biden Covid coordinator. Jeez.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
So in July he said “masks really make a difference”. Contrast to last week “there is no study in the world that shows that masks work that well”. That’s not only a mixed message but an entirely different narrative….and he’s Biden Covid coordinator. Jeez.

Ya , I don’t even listen to anyone on the Biden administration, they are all crazy! As for Covid, at some point , we all do have to live our lives. We can’t stay inside forever ! I could halfway understand some of the restrictions in the beginning when it was killing thousands of people in America everyday, but now that it has mutated into something that really is no worse then an average cold, there is no logical reason to keep having “ restrictions “. I just got over it a few days ago from having it again and it was nothing compared to the first time I had it

Not sure I see the problem. As far as I can tell, there are no real restrictions and haven't been for at least a year. . Flew to Houston a year ago, and few people wore masks even at large indoor events. Flew to Tulsa last month and no one on the plane wore masks and saw very few masks being worn around Tulsa. The only places I see masks these days are in medical facilities (my dentist office) and on the premises of private businesses at the request of the owners. Wearing masks, testing if you think you have Covid or have been exposed and staying away from others if you have, are well documented, common sense actions, but most people seem to be making up their own minds a with zero governmental push back. About 80% of the hospitalizations are with the very sick or very old, so those consequences are largely invisible.

There is no "Biden" administration policy; its just passing on CDC and our public health system's recommendations. Politicizing public health may have sort term political benefits for some, but it's a bad deal for the rest of us.

Not sure I see the problem. As far as I can tell, there are no real restrictions and haven't been for at least a year. . Flew to Houston a year ago, and few people wore masks even at large indoor events. Flew to Tulsa last month and no one on the plane wore masks and saw very few masks being worn around Tulsa. The only places I see masks these days are in medical facilities (my dentist office) and on the premises of private businesses at the request of the owners. Wearing masks, testing if you think you have Covid or have been exposed and staying away from others if you have, are well documented, common sense actions, but most people seem to be making up their own minds a with zero governmental push back. About 80% of the hospitalizations are with the very sick or very old, so those consequences are largely invisible.

There is no "Biden" administration policy; its just passing on CDC and our public health system's recommendations. Politicizing public health may have sort term political benefits for some, but it's a bad deal for the rest of us.
We still have a declared state of emergency. Zero reason for it at this point other the political and power. Two things which are synonymous. Along those lines California is still pushing for a Covid vaccine mandate for children to attend public schools. Deadline has now been pushed back to July 1.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
We still have a declared state of emergency. Zero reason for it at this point other the political and power. Two things which are synonymous. Along those lines California is still pushing for a Covid vaccine mandate for children to attend public schools. Deadline has now been pushed back to July 1.
What political power 💪 are they utilizing in the state of emergency? Doesn't it just make funds & policies available to use by the federal government? They haven't been aggregious on either as of late.

What political power 💪 are they utilizing in the state of emergency? Doesn't it just make funds & policies available to use by the federal government? They haven't been aggregious on either as of late.
I actually said political and power. You are correct the Fed’s haven’t been egregious as of late even though some states are still trying to mandate vaccines for children like I mentioned above. A federal declared emergency does give those politicians some cover imo. At this point I really see no need to continue the declaration. If circumstances change then declare a new one. No reason for this to become the norm.

I actually said political and power. You are correct the Fed’s haven’t been egregious as of late even though some states are still trying to mandate vaccines for children like I mentioned above. A federal declared emergency does give those politicians some cover imo. At this point I really see no need to continue the declaration. If circumstances change then declare a new one. No reason for this to become the norm.
I figure,(as I said before) give em till March to end it. It really should end on Feb 18, which was the extension end date.

Reactions: lawpoke87
since it has been exposed that fauchi. was full of bs, and the covid reporting stats were bs; what do we believe going forward?

….maybe this political power ? Figured it was coming and explains why the Biden Admin has refused to end the state of emergency

….maybe this political power ? Figured it was coming and explains why the Biden Admin has refused to end the state of emergency

They extended it last February so they could reinstate the mask mandate now, to deal with the China situation, which wasn't really a situation in February. That seems to be stretching it a bit. Wearing them in medical facilities, and on planes is not really asking that much of the public. Nobody complains about medical facilities. They are trying to make sure the Chinese situation doesn't become our situation. I doubt masks on planes will stop it, but it is a small thing to ask of the public.

They extended it last February so they could reinstate the mask mandate now, to deal with the China situation, which wasn't really a situation in February. That seems to be stretching it a bit. Wearing them in medical facilities, and on planes is not really asking that much of the public. Nobody complains about medical facilities. They are trying to make sure the Chinese situation doesn't become our situation. I doubt masks on planes will stop it, but it is a small thing to ask of the public.
I believe they wanted to keep the option open. Haven’t seen one bit of evidence a mask mandate stops or even significantly slows the spread of Covid. The effectiveness is meaningless as long as Biden’s base supports it I suppose. Not sure I understand given the scientific evidence why anyone would back such a mandate

Last edited:
did we defeat covid with shots, boosters, masks amd social distance or did it just have its own shelf life

I believe they wanted to keep the option open. Haven’t seen one bit of evidence a mask mandate stops or even significantly slows the spread of Covid. The effectiveness is meaningless as long as Biden’s base supports it I suppose. Not sure I understand given the scientific evidence why anyone would back such a mandate
As much as you posted things about when they didn't end it, I thought you would be the first to jump on the end of it. Plans to extend it 2 mo & 10 days.

Projected end.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT