ADVERTISEMENT

How to fumble at the goal line

Article conveniently fails to state that we are in this mess due to the policies and rhetoric of the President. A mess which is costing billions of dollars of taxpayer money.

The House will pass a immigration bill today as it now appears.

This post was edited on 8/1 3:57 PM by lawpoke87

You conveniently omit the fact that Congress passed the bill mandating this problem under Bush as an effort to stop mistreatment and trafficking of children. It was a bipartisan bill with passed by on a voice vote with no opposing votes.

As they say, you have a right to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Bush immigration bill

Passing a Bill to deal with the problem. Deal with it how? Certainly not to buy anyone a Ticket home.

I often wonder how loud the rest of the world laughs that we can't even keep Children from crossing our borders.

That law has been in place for the past six years. To suggest a six year old law is just now responsible for the tens of thousands of illegals now crossing the border is silly. Over the last year the percentage of illegals being returned to their home country is down drastically. Add to that Obama's rhetoric regarding immigration and you now have the belief among these people that they will be granted citizenship if the cross. Plenty of stories on why we now have the onslaught of illegals based on what they're telling us.

Why can't we immediately deport them is a direct result of the bill. Why they are now crossing the border in mass has very little to do with the same.
This post was edited on 8/1 4:26 PM by lawpoke87

Immigration Reform?

I thought we already had Immigration laws on the books.
We just don't enforce them.

This post was edited on 8/1 9:26 PM by aTUfan

This could have been solved years ago by hardening the wall at every possible point of entry. That "initial cost" expenditure would have saved billions in the long run. Now we have a joke of a wall and a joke of a law and a joke of a politician behind it. America is under attack and just like all attacks, if you aren't willing to fight back, you are defeated. Its really very simple.

Hardening the wall at every point? I think we should build one to rival China's. A massive stone structure of inovative engineeriing and unparaleled beauty. About a half mile north of the actuall border, there could be a two lane Highway runniing along the top with rest stops and scenic look outs along the way. Major Corporations would vie to sponsor the rest stops and tourists would come from around the world to see it. With a nod of recognition to our good friends to the south we could even call it the Great Wall of Me-hee-co!!

The country I grew up in used to believe it could do big things like this. But, now we're just mostly afraid we might hurt somebody's feelings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT