ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer can the streak continue?

Tuloma

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Jun 30, 2004
I am talking about the streak OSU has winning the games against Tulsa in Stillwater. It has now reached 69 years without a Tulsa win. The last TU win was in 1951. Is there anyone besides me that posts on this board that was alive in 1951. I am thinking that the streak will have to end someday. No one expects a TU win today. Could this be the day? I believe TU is a lot better than people think. I have a feeling this game will be close....it could be the day. We will soon find out

Last edited:
I hope you’re right with Brooks out and Zach having limited practice due to COVID we may be struggling to keep up with scoring.

I am talking about the streak OSU has winning the games against Tulsa in Stillwater. It has now reached 69 years without a Tulsa win. The last TU win was in 1951. Is there anyone besides me that posts on this board that was alive in 1951. I am thinking that the streak will have to end someday. No one expects a TU win today. Could this be the day? I believe TU is a lot better than people on this board think. I have a feeling this could be the day. We will soon find out
Honestly I really have no idea what to expect today, with the whole covid situation going on, who knows who will actually be ready to play or not?

I was 4 in 1951. I didn't really start following Tulsa until my Junior year when I decided that's where i wanted to go to school. I was in the stands the day we beat osu 63-14! One game I will never forget!!

:nukem: nuke the cowpukes

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
We’ve never beaten a ranked Big 7/8/12 team on the road.

I am talking about the streak OSU has winning the games against Tulsa in Stillwater. It has now reached 69 years without a Tulsa win. The last TU win was in 1951. Is there anyone besides me that posts on this board that was alive in 1951. I am thinking that the streak will have to end someday. No one expects a TU win today. Could this be the day? I believe TU is a lot better than people think. I have a feeling this game will be close....it could be the day. We will soon find out

Well, I guess I was half right, the game was very close and the TU defense was great. I was also half wrong, the offense was not as good as people probably thought and TU did not win. I thought that TU would win the game today. It seemed to be the perfect storm.

I started college in the mid-1950's and have had the privilege of seeing most of the OSU-TU football games since that time and have witnessed some wild ones, but this one was just weird.

Last edited:
I guess you were 33% right, I was 5 in 1951. Haven't missed many TU games since 1964. This game is probably the worse coached game I have witnessed. I know coach is a good man but I think he will be hard pressed to get any kind of head coaching job or OC position after his stubborn disaster here. How he couldn't see the writing on the wall and hire a OC after last year I will never understand.

Reactions: TU4ever2
I guess you were 33% right, I was 5 in 1951. Haven't missed many TU games since 1964. This game is probably the worse coached game I have witnessed. I know coach is a good man but I think he will be hard pressed to get any kind of head coaching job or OC position after his stubborn disaster here. How he couldn't see the writing on the wall and hire a OC after last year I will never understand.
See my comments on the pay board. He doesn’t care. We don’t have the money to hire an OC and he won’t take a pay cut.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT