ADVERTISEMENT

how do we pay for it?

aTUfan

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Apr 18, 2011
la la land
trillion dollar infrastrustructure bill, multiple stimulus payouts, monthly money for everyone, student loan buy back, free college, free health care, cost of illegals, new green deal

there aren't enough. rich people to tax to pay for just what has been spent since Jan 21.

trillion dollar infrastrustructure bill, multiple stimulus payouts, monthly money for everyone, student loan buy back, free college, free health care, cost of illegals, new green deal

there aren't enough. rich people to tax to pay for just what has been spent since Jan 21.
Well, considering many of those things you listed haven’t happened…

That alien space craft that crashed in Roswell was filled with Bitcoin and Hunter Biden's laptop was used to mine it...

Last edited:
Same thing we’ve done for the last 30 plus years….borrow it from our children and grand children. Politicians are going to act shocked when we can’t afford to provide basic social services due to the amount of tax revenue needed to pay debt service.

Same thing we’ve done for the last 30 plus years….borrow it from our children and grand children. Politicians are going to act shocked when we can’t afford to provide basic social services due to the amount of tax revenue needed to pay debt service.
Thats ok.. according to WATU, we are all going to burn up in a climate cataclysm so it it doesnt matter how big the check is if no one is left to pay..

Since Reagan the US has steadily cut federal revenues and made up the shortfall with debt. Bush 1 was abandoned by his party because he responsibly raised taxes. As soon as Clinton handed off a slight budget surplus, Bush 2 cut taxes and started a war on borrowed money. About then VP Cheney announced that deficits “didn’t matter anymore.” Given a healthy growing economy, Trump immediately cut taxes more which failed (once again) to deliver the growth he promised would pay for it.

Corporate income taxes used to provide 30+% of federal income tax revenues. Now it is closer to 10%. The wealthiest own a majority of the assets, but as we have seen recently, many pay a lower tax rate than the bottom 10%. The POT won’t even fund better IRS enforcement of existing laws against tax cheats.

The revenue side is broken and unfair. Until we wake up and fix that, we act like drunken teens believing our parents will pick up the tab. Instead it will be our kids.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I would suggest you also look at the expense side and compare with population growth and inflation. Then compare that to historic spending trends. I think you will be surprised.

Since Reagan the US has steadily cut federal revenues and made up the shortfall with debt. Bush 1 was abandoned by his party because he responsibly raised taxes. As soon as Clinton handed off a slight budget surplus, Bush 2 cut taxes and started a war on borrowed money. About then VP Cheney announced that deficits “didn’t matter anymore.” Given a healthy growing economy, Trump immediately cut taxes more which failed (once again) to deliver the growth he promised would pay for it.

Corporate income taxes used to provide 30+% of federal income tax revenues. Now it is closer to 10%. The wealthiest own a majority of the assets, but as we have seen recently, many pay a lower tax rate than the bottom 10%. The POT won’t even fund better IRS enforcement of existing laws against tax cheats.

The revenue side is broken and unfair. Until we wake up and fix that, we act like drunken teens believing our parents will pick up the tab. Instead it will be our kids.
the wealthy avoid taxes and pay less inaccordance with the the tax code written by congress; ie biden, schummer. pelosi, hrc, aoc. sanders, ... its not just a republican thing

I’d like to see that inflation adjusted and per capita.
I would as well. However, if you look at the graph you see a sharp increase starting around 2001. I do know we haven’t seen a spike in population or inflation over the last twenty years.

dem think the have a blank check.

when congress is publishing dollar amounts, they should not be allowed to use the terms, million, billion, trillion. those amounts must be witten using numbers only.
ie 100 billion dollars. is $100,000,000,000.00

dem think the have a blank check.

when congress is publishing dollar amounts, they should not be allowed to use the terms, million, billion, trillion. those amounts must be witten using numbers only.
ie 100 billion dollars. is $100,000,000,000.00
I would like to know just before they do that and invest in a company that sells ink.

I would as well. However, if you look at the graph you see a sharp increase starting around 2001. I do know we haven’t seen a spike in population or inflation over the last twenty years.
Not sure how anyone can look at this graph and argue it's only or even primarily a revenue issue.

Curious that the Obama years were the only really deviation from the exponential curve.

Curious that the Obama years were the only really deviation from the exponential curve.
For the first part of his term spending certainly leveled off. Assume a large part of that was the reduction of spending in the Middle East. The recession also could have played a part. Unfortunately spending quickly spiked back up during his second term as the curve resumed its upward trend.

Last edited:
Let's see we are about $27T in debt, what's another trillion or so!

Reality...since Reagan just about every president has been a debtor president. If you didn't complain about Reagan, Bush II, Obama, and Trump, you have no right to complain now!

My mother was able to own a home, which put us in a better environment at home through FHA. If you had any memory of it, you would recall several programs that helped out Aston's family.

Reactions: astonmartin708
i have no problem with people getting assistance, ie scholarships, senior discounts, .frequent flyer programs. charities ...
if a private intity wishes to provide, but its not a function of the gov.

after 60years of the war on poverty, there are more people on welfare now

i have no problem with people getting assistance, ie scholarships, senior discounts, .frequent flyer programs. charities ...
if a private intity wishes to provide, but its not a function of the gov.

after 60years of the war on poverty, there are more people on welfare now
After 60 years, more people are alive now. The US poverty rate has been nearly cut in half since the inception of the war on poverty though.
My mother was able to own a home, which put us in a better environment at home through FHA. If you had any memory of it, you would recall several programs that helped out Aston's family.
As much as I rail against certain implementations of government programs, without a few things like government student loans or government backed arts and childhood development programs it would have been unlikely that I ever got out of poverty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT