ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Postponed

what would be the purpose to hold the AAC Championship game if it is just a rematch of the Tulsa/Cinn game a week before. The conference should use that week to schedule games against outside opponents.
They have a contract with a broadcasting company who has the rights to broadcast the game. They’ve sold advertisements. It could cost millions just to cancel it.

Does the outcome of Memphis vs Navy have any bearing on our chances for the championship game?

In other words, if one or the other team were to lose would it be better for us?

Does the outcome of Memphis vs Navy have any bearing on our chances for the championship game?

In other words, if one or the other team were to lose would it be better for us?
A Memphis loss keeps UCF in the hunt, iirc

There's no way UCF is in the hunt. They have 3 losses. We will have at max 2. Cincy has at max probably one. (There's no way that Houston game is played, at least not if we're the deciding factor for SOMEONE ELSE to get in the championship)

I think it is marginally better for us if Memphis beats Navy for two reasons. 1. If we lose to Navy, they will hold the tiebreaker against us if they only have two losses. Nobody still in contention would have a head to head tiebreaker over us actually - our only risk would be a multi team tie for second. 2. It will likely be disheartening to Navy to lose and it should drop their confidence level a few notches before our game.

Y'all check my logic.

I think it is marginally better for us if Memphis beats Navy for two reasons. 1. If we lose to Navy, they will hold the tiebreaker against us if they only have two losses. Nobody still in contention would have a head to head tiebreaker over us actually - our only risk would be a multi team tie for second. 2. It will likely be disheartening to Navy to lose and it should drop their confidence level a few notches before our game.

Y'all check my logic.

Agree with your logic if Houston doesn't play both Memphis and SMU, or Houston doesn't beat both Memphis and SMU. That Memphis win would result in our winning the championship if Houston loses one of those games. If Houston doesn't play one of those games, then it get's too dense for me to want to think about it. If Memphis beats Navy then Navy, SMU, and Memphis can't win a tiebreaker with us. Houston would be the wild card in that situation.

Aresco was on Finebaum yesterday and had really good things to say about the team and Zaven. He said Navy still has “a mathematical chance” but kept talking about how a ranked Tulsa team helps Cincy, we deserve to be ranked, etc.

So if there’s a fix in, it’s for us for once lol

Aresco was on Finebaum yesterday and had really good things to say about the team and Zaven. He said Navy still has “a mathematical chance” but kept talking about how a ranked Tulsa team helps Cincy, we deserve to be ranked, etc.

So if there’s a fix in, it’s for us for once lol
In other words, they want to fatten us up before feeding the wolf.

Literally we will never score enough points against Houston, never.

I think it was 2012 or maybe 2013 when we went into Houston and beat them by like 25 or 30 points and I wanted Blankenship to press down hard on their necks when we were shutting them out in the 4th quarter. Houston got a miracle TD when a Tulsa player fumbled a punt return with like 40 seconds left and high school high got a courtesy TD. I felt zero sympathy for Houston... There can never be enough points scored against that team.

I think it was 2012 or maybe 2013 when we went into Houston and beat them by like 25 or 30 points and I wanted Blankenship to press down hard on their necks when we were shutting them out in the 4th quarter. Houston got a miracle TD when a Tulsa player fumbled a punt return with like 40 seconds left and high school high got a courtesy TD. I felt zero sympathy for Houston... There can never be enough points scored against that team.

I remember Graham running it up on them, my friend watching asked why, I told him it was because its Houston. Graham knew.

Reactions: quincy101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT