ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Postponed

Also Washington since BYU apparently skated on the game with them this week

Reactions: HuffyCane
Houston and Navy Should Banned From The Conference Add New Teams Like Fcs Teams Or Liberty

tenor.gif

So do we use the extra three or so days of extra prep time for Navy or Cincy.

Sounds to me like they just cancelled the game then
It said if Houston and Tulsa were not in the championship game it could be played December 19 so if the navy game is canceled we will be in the championship game win or lose to Cincy at home Dec 12 on December 19. With no makeup of Houston or navy.

Reactions: drboobay
Assuming the Navy game gets played then beat them and we’re in the championship game without regard to how the Cincinnati game comes out.

It will be the last home game if the season for Navy and the assumption is that they will reschedule their Senior Day activities to that game. They seem to make a big deal about that and have won 17 straight.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
And if we beat Navy or Cincinnati we are assured of being in the game too.

And if we beat Navy or Cincinnati we are assured of being in the game too.
We need to at least win one of those, w/ the cockamamie tie breakers against teams we won't play. We don't want to send Navy to the championship, or rely on tie breakers against Memphis and/or Houston.

Reactions: loca2874
Love the idea of a surprise game HERE v BYU
No 14 in tonight’s ratings mean no NY bowl game
If the blue coogs want a NY day game they need to beat us HERE Saturday night
Burn up the phone Rick Dickson

Since we’ll be playing that date already the Kitty game is eliminated. Navy will have Covid so our next game will be Cincy.

BYU has open date this weekend and wants to play bring them on They look tough but let’s play

Don’t forget Petrino... about the same POS type coaches
What a crock that guy is. Once you get over the voice and the horrible personal ethics, you still have a guy who had no admirable qualities professionally. People say “Well, he’s a winner.” Is he? I was reading an article about ranked P5 public university coaches at schools that make certain financial info available with an eye of judging success on how much you truly made or lost per win. Petrino and Willie Taggart were the worst, by far, and that was before we talk about their buyouts. There were others, but those guys lost ridiculous amounts of money in deficit spending at every program where they went. They are the 70 year old grifters trolling retirement communities of college football. Find somebody with cash and convince them to spend until you can’t raise or borrow anymore. Move on to the next job when the money runs out. I used to think Petrino was jumping to better opportunities based on his success on the field. It’s pretty clear he simply moving on once he found out there was no more money or they won’t going to spend it on something he wanted. Taggart similar, but that seems to be tied to him knowing he is a fraud and reliant on his staff and moving on before people realize how much they spent and how little he gave them.

Kevin Sumlin is headed for that group soon. Probably Tom Herman as well.
Amen. Sumlin is a piece of work as well. He gets credit for recruiting Drew Brees and agreeing to start Johnny Manziel ostensibly because he saw the talent, not his daddy’s donations. After that, mediocrity across the resume or “right place right time with better people on staff with me”. A&M paid him $10 million to go away after he couldnt win 10 games without an unlimited budget and a Heisman QB. Heck, he had trouble winning 7. Arizona is even more of a grift.

Herman I know less about. He beat Top 10 FSU and OU at an AAC. That’s an achievement, even if we know now they were hollow programs at the time. But too much too soon. If you subtract donations back to the University and general revenue support from the admin funds, Texas made $110 million last year alone. He gets 5% of that. That’s fair for Saban. But maybe not after two years. You pretty much have to throw around money and lose at Texas. It’s part of the job description. If you aren’t doing excessive stuff, they question your commitment to winning. And I think that culture bleeds over to the players snd creates discipline issues that will always make Texas a net loser. Plus if anybody deserves to get grifted, it’s Texas. Heck, since we are talking about it. I hope they can Herman and hire Petrino. That would be epic.

• Haha
Reactions: bluegold70
Since we’ll be playing that date already the Kitty game is eliminated. Navy will have Covid so our next game will be Cincy.
Weird how Navy is postponing things left and right, yet the Navy basketball team is hosting a game vs GW right now. Something’s not right

To bad Houston didn't show up with their Covid depleted team. Tulsa owed them a 100 to something ass whooping. I believe the Tulsa team that had 100 scored on them were suffering from an out break of the flu.

Crap ass Houston coach Yeoman didn't show any mercy. But he's a dick so whatever.

GO TU!!!!

Amen. Sumlin is a piece of work as well. He gets credit for recruiting Drew Brees and agreeing to start Johnny Manziel ostensibly because he saw the talent, not his daddy’s donations. After that, mediocrity across the resume or “right place right time with better people on staff with me”. A&M paid him $10 million to go away after he couldnt win 10 games without an unlimited budget and a Heisman QB. Heck, he had trouble winning 7. Arizona is even more of a grift.

Herman I know less about. He beat Top 10 FSU and OU at an AAC. That’s an achievement, even if we know now they were hollow programs at the time. But too much too soon. If you subtract donations back to the University and general revenue support from the admin funds, Texas made $110 million last year alone. He gets 5% of that. That’s fair for Saban. But maybe not after two years. You pretty much have to throw around money and lose at Texas. It’s part of the job description. If you aren’t doing excessive stuff, they question your commitment to winning. And I think that culture bleeds over to the players snd creates discipline issues that will always make Texas a net loser. Plus if anybody deserves to get grifted, it’s Texas. Heck, since we are talking about it. I hope they can Herman and hire Petrino. That would be epic.
Texas always wants more and winning is never enough for them. Mackay was a good enough coach but couldn’t beat OU enough. He also brought in some damn good players who played to their star ratings. Same with Mack Brown...who, BTW, won a national championship at Texas...but somehow that wasn’t good enough either for Horns fans. Hell, Texas would fire Saban after 2 years of 8-4 records.

Weird how Navy is postponing things left and right, yet the Navy basketball team is hosting a game vs GW right now. Something’s not right
There’s significant undiscussed problems with that team. They get a pass due to their connection to the military. There’s a couple of lawsuits pending from other midshipman that allege they get special treatment on discipline and military decorum issues. Things that get you separated if you don’t play football are being ignored for the players. The senior leadership has been widely quoted saying football players are the most important cadets on campus, culture things that are huge in that environment. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if they arrogantly think they can refuse to play to avoid a losing record and they also think we will all just forgive them.

Reactions: bluegold70
Not holding my breath for any more TU games until Cinncy. If Cinncy pulls a COVID, TU should refuse to play in Ohio simply because Cinncy has one more win. I'm fine with one championship game here.

Not holding my breath for any more TU games until Cinncy. If Cinncy pulls a COVID, TU should refuse to play in Ohio simply because Cinncy has one more win. I'm fine with one championship game here.
If their are no more conference games for TU until the CCG the AAC will use the arguement that UC is ranked higher in the national ranking for the playoff. As such they will host.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Would be completely unfair to cancel for anything but covid and conference office must make the call, not individual schools.

what would be the purpose to hold the AAC Championship game if it is just a rematch of the Tulsa/Cinn game a week before. The conference should use that week to schedule games against outside opponents.

what would be the purpose to hold the AAC Championship game if it is just a rematch of the Tulsa/Cinn game a week before. The conference should use that week to schedule games against outside opponents.

The championship game is in prime time on ABC. I doubt the conference wants to turn down that level of exposure.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT