ADVERTISEMENT

Horne

Lumpuckeroo

I.T.S. Junior
Oct 5, 2015
Does anyone know why Mr. Horne transferred to Colorado ? He started and played a lot of minutes and was an important part of the team . Made no sense why he left .

He thought it would be easier to play in March Madness at Colorado than at TU and as a graduate transfer he would be immediately eligible.

Reactions: astonmartin708
And I think he wanted more minutes, and more freedom on the court to take more shots.

When you do your subbing based on minutes and not whether a player is hot this happens.

I’d be surprised if he was upset about minutes considering he lead the team in minutes. At nearly 30 per game.

Then he must know something about what he believes are TU chances of going to the Big Dance this year.
Like Colorado is going anywhere in the postseason...🙄

We've had several transfer over the years against our wishes and the majority would probably have done as well or better for their career if they had stayed at Tulsa. But the grass always looks greener over there and "agents" have a lot of clout at their age. The player who surprised me the most with his eventual production was Clarkson who even Eddie Sutton mentioned "dribbles at his feet too much" and was not playing team basketball.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Does anyone know why Mr. Horne transferred to Colorado ?
In reading all of the possible reasons given above, My thoughts went back to when I
was that age....Very often, harmones triumphed over common sense...

Could it have been something as simple (or extremely complex!) as a girl??

His game trailed off the last half of the season, maybe due to attitude knowing he was going to xfer. Besides, I'd rather have a Keyshon Williams or a Shumate for four years rather than this guy for one season not knowing if he would recover from his "issues", whatever they were.

What is recruiting graduate transfers like? Obviously there is an offer of a scholarship. How is that not tampering? (That's not a rhetorical question, I am just curious as to how it's done).

What is recruiting graduate transfers like? Obviously there is an offer of a scholarship. How is
that not tampering? (That's not a rhetorical question, I am just curious as to how it's done).
For the recruitment to be legal, wouldn't the transfer-to-be have to register in the transfer
portal? If so, I would think that open contact would be allowed.....

In reading all of the possible reasons given above, My thoughts went back to when I
was that age....Very often, harmones triumphed over common sense...

Could it have been something as simple (or extremely complex!) as a girl??
Can’t speak for this transfer but on the football side there have been a couple in the recent past that are exactly this scenario.

For the recruitment to be legal, wouldn't the transfer-to-be have to register in the transfer
portal? If so, I would think that open contact would be allowed.....
Thanks. I have heard the term transfer portal before, but I guess I forgot. Seems sort of like declaring for the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT