ADVERTISEMENT

Horne

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Leaving TU as a graduate transfer.

Huge blow to what was shaping up to be a special team. We DESPERATELY need help in the frontcourt.

I mentioned this might happen last year. This is where transfers who redshirt bite you in the ass. Happened with Curran Scott last year, and now Horne. Taking a player who is going to redshirt typically means you're going to lose them in their last (best) season. Also happened with Edogi though he wasn't a transfer.

How many scholarships do we have now? Was this the one that Chris was counting as our 3rd available or do we now have 2 more to give out?

We have two now, if they don't give Gendron one of the scholarships.

So they put Gendron on scholly for one semester, then took him back off of it? That's a bit odd. I know his dad was an alumni but jeez lol.

I know it's the way college basketball is moving these days, but I just don't see how you can mold a cohesive program when you're replacing 5-6 guys every season.

In any case...

Give me Schumate + a productive (immediately eligible!) big and we might be okay.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Weatherdemon
This is absolutely crushing. He would have had a major impact for us next year. He’s going to be hard to replace.

2 starters gone...
That sux.

Well... perhaps it's time for a fresh start for this program.
1 step forward, 2 steps back is not getting Haith to the Dance any time this century.

2 starters gone...
That sux.

Well... perhaps it's time for a fresh start for this program.
1 step forward, 2 steps back is not getting Haith to the Dance any time this century.

what a stupid comment. Do you see how many people transfer a year? I think people being home during the pandemic isn’t helping. Yea, let’s fire frank because some kids want to transfer.

We will be just fine, everyone breathe. Original needs to continue to stfu.

what a stupid comment. Do you see how many people transfer a year? I think people being home during the pandemic isn’t helping. Yea, let’s fire frank because some kids want to transfer.

We will be just fine, everyone breathe. Original needs to continue to stfu.

The program ain't quite right.
Is it?

It's not Haith's fault Horne is leaving. That's not what I am saying or implying.

Sometimes you have to fire the CEO who is doing everything he/she can do. Sometimes the bottom line just ain't what it needs to be.

The program needs to get to the Dance --- way more often and win games.

Mediocre .500 seasons or NIT invite hopes may be okay with everyone.

I find that sort of contentment very weird!

Last edited:
Is it?

It's not Haith's fault Horne is leaving. That's not what I am saying or implying.

Sometimes you have to fire the CEO who is doing everything he/she can do. Sometimes the bottom line just ain't what it needs to be.

.722/.677

Reactions: TU_BLA
Is it?

We literally just won our conference this past season and you want to fire Haith???? This makes absolutely no sense. We play in one of the best conferences in the nation and found a way to win.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I want and demand ncaa wins...

1 step forward 2 back...

I'm not seriously calling for Haith term.

That's stupid.

I am absolutely crushed that we likely aren't dancing for a bit....

It is what it is.

With due respect, I think I have to go with Original TULSAFAN here though that has been rare lately. The ones of us who went through 13 NCAA dances out of 22 years have seen what it takes to get there. Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting.... The reasons we got there 13 times were names like Pressey, Harris, Seals, Ruffin, Coley, Harrington, Kurtz, Johnson, Swanson, etc. Our recruiting really improved last year.......will it continue.........or not......?????? You can't have an off year in this league recruiting.

Haith did pretty well last season with the hand he was dealt, and he still didn't have a guaranteed dancing invite to end the season. He certainly bought himself a bit more time, but I want to see him make the dance damn it.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Haith did pretty well last season with the hand he was dealt, and he still didn't have a guaranteed dancing invite to end the season. He certainly bought himself a bit more time, but I want to see him make the dance damn it.
Yep.
And WIN!

I want a Final 4.

Call me crazy.

Reactions: drboobay
Everyone will be better next year. Sr get an additional year.

Only in spring sports. Not Basketball. We will be better at several positions, but the inside loss of Martins will be difficult to replace next year unless we get a Kurtz.

It kind of sounded like he was alluding to the fact that some players at Tulsa play selfish basketball.

Jones and Horne took some of the more ill advised shots for TU. We couldn't get Hill and Joiner to shoot even better shots though. Hopefully KES and Haywood will step up and shoot the open shot.

J$ pretty much tore it up the first half of the season, then regressed badly the 2nd half. Isn't it supposed to be the opposite? Sure, the ankle injury didn't help. Still, it kinda makes me wonder how effective he would have been for the whole season.

No one cares.
Show some respect to Jeriah. He came into Tulsa and completely bought in for 3 years and did all the right things. He was extremely classy and humble every step of the way. He was a great leader for our team and while it sucks that he is leaving, we must also remember what he did for us.

Reactions: tulsascott
Show some respect to Jeriah. He came into Tulsa and completely bought in for 3 years and did all the right things. He was extremely classy and humble every step of the way. He was a great leader for our team and while it sucks that he is leaving, we must also remember what he did for us.

that’s fine, but he’s bailing during his most important season. That is WEAK.

I respect his decision to pursue a graduate degree elsewhere. He was a marketing major... maybe he just wanted to be in a place with a larger market after completing his career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT