ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming vs Memphis 6 pm

Good time frame. Will be f*ing cold I bet. Memphis can be had with good defense...I'm hoping our players haven't mailed things in by then being dejected.

Good time frame. Will be f*ing cold I bet. Memphis can be had with good defense...I'm hoping our players haven't mailed things in by then being dejected.

Did you watch Saturday? They mailed it in already. Once Montgomery lost them that game Saturday they quit on him.

It’s my anniversary, so it’s yet to be seen. I want to be welcomed back into my house so trying to work some magic...

I had two pieces of advice for a recently engaged relative: If you want guests to attend your wedding, don’t get married on a holiday weekend and don’t get married during football season.

I had two pieces of advice for a recently engaged relative: If you want guests to attend your wedding, don’t get married on a holiday weekend and don’t get married during football season.
My parents got marrried on an OU Texas red rivalry Saturday. My grandfather had a mono earpiece in his ear for three hours.

I had a friend get married the day of the 2012 CUSA championship game. I was texting score updates to the best man as he stood next to the groom.

I had a friend get married the day of the 2012 CUSA championship game. I was texting score updates to the best man as he stood next to the groom.
This is why June is considered the ideal wedding month - no interference with TU athletic events.

Reactions: Henry Kendall

My father-in-law gave me the same advice, and being a big baseball fan he strictly forbid us from getting married in September or October.

Back in the 80s it wasn’t uncommon to receive fall wedding invitations advising the invitee that it was an a away weekend for OU and that the game would be aired at the reception.

If anyone wants to give up their tickets for the Memphis game, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

Fall is for hunting, and football. Not weddings. In fall 2016 I was in 2 weddings. Never again. I got married in June myself.

Fall is for hunting, and football. Not weddings. In fall 2016 I was in 2 weddings. Never again. I got married in June myself.
My best friend got married on Oct. 16, 2004 in Kansas City. Also the date of the Boise State 45-42 win which I was keeping constant tabs of (and completely bummed to not be there when I saw the back and forth game updates). It was also the night of the game 3 ALCS debacle where the Yankees throttled the Red Sox 19-8 to take a 3-0 lead and Red Sox fans resigned themselves to forever living under the Curse of the Bambino. But we all know how that turned out... :)

Reactions: Hurricane Drummer
Unfortunately yes. Watched some of the first half at the restaurant bar, had dinner, then caught the last quarter at r bar...and it was a very depressing end obviously.

I get it. I’ve got to do the halftime Double Dash next Friday. I’ll leave the Tulsa game right after the girl’s halftime performance and hopefully make it to the high school game in time for the boy’s show.

The things we do for our kids.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT