ADVERTISEMENT

🏀 Recruiting Highly-rated 2022 PG commits to Tulsa

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Tulsa already has a top 150 commitment in the 2021 class, and the Hurricane got another recruiting boost on Tuesday when a highly-rated 2022 prospect chose TU. Tulsa head coach Frank Haith and his coaching staff beat out SEC, Pac-12 and Big East schools for McAlester (OK) point guard Adante Holiman.

Do we really think he’s going to end up here? See Trey Phipps
My intuition says this guy has a much greater chance than Phipps. The main reason Phipps signed was Thompson.

The reasons this kid cited are education, love of our program, and relationship with the coaching staff. Those reasons are much more ingrained in a kid than other more transitory reasons. I have more faith in those reasons than i do Lenard signing. (And this kid committing makes Lenard signing more likely.)

My intuition says this guy has a much greater chance than Phipps. The main reason Phipps signed was Thompson.

The reasons this kid cited are education, love of our program, and relationship with the coaching staff. Those reasons are much more ingrained in a kid than other more transitory reasons. I have more faith in those reasons than i do Lenard signing. (And this kid committing makes Lenard signing more likely.)
Really good kid. I've spent quite a bit of time chatting with him and his father over the past three weeks. As usual, I'll be staying in touch with them and will continue to provide updates in Hurricane Alley.

Sounds like he has been interested in TU since the Manning years and his family likes the ability to see him play locally. I'm impressed with his academic priorities as well.

Honestly with how strong this 2021 recruiting class is and how Haith’s recruiting rankings are rising, I’m willing to give him another year.

Do we really think he’s going to end up here? See Trey Phipps
I know Trey Phipps grew up as an OU fan and was always super passionate about them. He probably committed to Tulsa because he didn’t expect an OU offer.

Honestly with how strong this 2021 recruiting class is and how Haith’s recruiting rankings are rising, I’m willing to give him another year.
What does another year do? We might make the NIT again? The recruiting class is still going to be just a bunch of freshmen. Freshmen with a lot of potential sure, but Haith is likely to have to replace 4 (if not more) valuable 4 year players, and several of these commitments he has grabbed aren’t signed yet so they could still walk.

Also, this kid isn’t coming for another season AFTER this next season.

Reactions: TULSARISING
The class of 2021 is not that strong if you watch every video. One commit hasn’t even signed.

What does another year do? We might make the NIT again? The recruiting class is still going to be just a bunch of freshmen. Freshmen with a lot of potential sure, but Haith is likely to have to replace 4 (if not more) valuable 4 year players, and several of these commitments he has grabbed aren’t signed yet so they could still walk.

Also, this kid isn’t coming for another season AFTER this next season.
Agreed , he has had his time, time to retire and enjoy life. Let someone else give it a shot

Agreed , he has had his time, time to retire and enjoy life. Let someone else give it a shot
And then lose our only ESPN rated 4 star in program history. I’m willing to let Haith have one bad season before I can him. He won the conference last year, and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he made some critical mistakes with these transfers

And then lose our only ESPN rated 4 star in program history. I’m willing to let Haith have one bad season before I can him. He won the conference last year, and I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he made some critical mistakes with these transfers
You can’t bank on a coach because of one recruit that may or may not turn out . Stars mean nothing. Some of our worst players in football were 4 stars. * Chad President , Cody Green. Also look at Memphis , they are loaded with those and they can’t even make the tournament

Don't get frustrated. Tubby left and Ruffin came anyway. Self left and Jason Parker came anyway. Some academic appreciative players like TU not only for the athletics. Holiman is strong in academics.

Yeah this is not our only 4 star in program history. Also, he’s only rated on ESPN which is a horrible recruiting service. (Though I’m confident he’ll be rated pretty highly elsewhere as well).

Let’s also not forget that it’s probably easier to grab some of the kids we are this season because of the seniors who are allowed to return which has caused fewer commutable scholarships to be available to HS players in general.

Look at Wichita. They got rid of their coach and they lost a good recruit to us because of it... but they filled in their roster with quality kids and they made the tournament and won the conference outright this season.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
You commit to a coach though. If I’m a highly touted recruit, obviously the school makes a difference but the biggest factor is going to be how that basketball program sets you out o
We can’t bank our team on one player , you get a coach that can recruit multiple types of those kids

You commit to a coach though. If I’m a highly touted recruit, obviously the school makes a difference but the biggest factor is going to be how that basketball program sets you out o
Though I do hope we can hold on to these guys

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT