ADVERTISEMENT

Head Coach Candidates if tu disappointed season this year 2021

Remember how Bill raided some FCS team with a losing record (N. Colorado maybe) for like half his staff? I never know how much of that was those were the guys he really wanted, or they were who he knew because he didn't have a lot of contacts at the college level, or they were the only guys who would take what he could pay.
The answer is D. Aota

Not saying we should even touch the guy with a 10 foot stick but, one could say Baylor's football program is still better off right now than before Briles came along. Even after the horrible things that took place. That team is good.
It's not because of Briles. Baylor has a ton of advantages to recruit to right now and still be able to overcome the fact that Baylor is in Waco. The stadium and new athletic complexes are phenomenal. Matt Rhule had a tough 1st year after the Briles debacle and then he started building the program the right way with kids who also fit Baylor as an institution. Aranda has done much of the same. It also helps that Baylor cleaned house from the president of the university to the athletic director and a few others.

And Baylor absolutely made the right hires after Briles was gone. Rhule, as we all know, is an absolutely fantastic football coach. He had Temple knocking on the door of a NY6 game. He rebuilt Baylor and now is in the NFL and pretty successful (remember he's having success with a Jets castoff at QB which tells me it's the Jets that ruin players). Aranda should be, IMO, the favorite to be the next coach at LSU. He's been great for Baylor. Remember, LSU won a national championship, Aranda left for Baylor, LSU has been not at the expected level since.

It's not because of Briles. Baylor has a ton of advantages to recruit to right now and still be able to overcome the fact that Baylor is in Waco. The stadium and new athletic complexes are phenomenal. Matt Rhule had a tough 1st year after the Briles debacle and then he started building the program the right way with kids who also fit Baylor as an institution. Aranda has done much of the same. It also helps that Baylor cleaned house from the president of the university to the athletic director and a few others.

And Baylor absolutely made the right hires after Briles was gone. Rhule, as we all know, is an absolutely fantastic football coach. He had Temple knocking on the door of a NY6 game. He rebuilt Baylor and now is in the NFL and pretty successful (remember he's having success with a Jets castoff at QB which tells me it's the Jets that ruin players). Aranda should be, IMO, the favorite to be the next coach at LSU. He's been great for Baylor. Remember, LSU won a national championship, Aranda left for Baylor, LSU has been not at the expected level since.
I guess my question then is, did Baylor invest in football for Briles, or because of Briles? Or both?

I guess my question then is, did Baylor invest in football for Briles, or because of Briles? Or both?
Both. Briles certainly got them on the right path to even being competitive in the Big XII. Before he got there under Dave Roberts, Kevin Steele, and whoever else they had, they were GOD AWFUL. We don't know what Briles and his coaches did previous to the trouble. The success Baylor had probably sped up the process of getting a new stadium as it would be a major influence in recruiting and trying to compete year in and year out with OU, Texas, and even OKState. The new stadium has certainly helped the ensuing coaches succeed but Briles was probably the impetus for the fundraising campaign...I wonder how much pledged money they may have lost because of the handling of the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT