ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone noticed that....

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Immigration has barely been touched on during this election cycle after being such a large part of the last one?

Whether or not you believe Trump's administration was effective in solving actual problems regarding immigration, why is Trump not attacking Biden on the DACA thing more sternly? Seems like an issue that has essentially vanished after being used to scare the devil out of suburban white voters 4 years ago.

I know someone at work who said her husband went out and bought a .22 pistol out of fear that Biden might outlaw guns after the election. I almost burst out laughing that they thought Democrats were coming for their .22's. LMAO.

Immigration has barely been touched on during this election cycle after being such a large part of the last one?

Whether or not you believe Trump's administration was effective in solving actual problems regarding immigration, why is Trump not attacking Biden on the DACA thing more sternly? Seems like an issue that has essentially vanished after being used to scare the devil out of suburban white voters 4 years ago.

I know someone at work who said her husband went out and bought a .22 pistol out of fear that Biden might outlaw guns after the election. I almost burst out laughing that they thought Democrats were coming for their .22's. LMAO.
There's an NRA mailer going out to registered Republicans right now in battleground states disguised as a "Notice of firearm confiscation". The NRA, a non-profit, is sending out THOUSANDS of mailers at our expense spreading complete disinformation and falsehoods. They, along with any other non-profit that decides it must endorse a candidate or party needs to have their non-profit status stripped. This goes for the NRA, churches, faux churches like Liberty University and ORU, and any other entity with an agenda. Non-profits are supposed to serve the public, not just certain sectors of the public

Assume the Trump campaign feels there are currently more effective issues on which to attack Biden. I’m sure there will be discussions on immigration but riots and violence seem to be dominating the national and local headlines at the moment.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Assume the Trump campaign feels there are currently more effective issues on which to attack Biden. I’m sure there will be discussions on immigration but riots and violence seem to be dominating the national and local headlines at the moment.
I'm tacitly pointing out that today's riots and violence are just yesterday's immigration. They're just ploys to scare suburban independent voters.

I suspect down the stretch most Trump ads are going to go after Biden pretty hard on NAFTA, frac-ing, and fossil fuels in general to try to take PA, MI, WI, and MN. Why mention immigration when you have failed to deliver on your most prominent and obnoxious promise of building a wall and making Mexico pay for it?

I would say there are lots of suburban voters a bit scared after seeing a Broken Arrow sized town in Wisconsin go up in smoke, but tying it to Joe Biden will be a pretty hard sell. Not a lot of people are going to buy "Joe Biden: Radical Marxist" lol. They might buy "Joe Biden: the guy killing your jobs for the last 40 years." And I agree with Biden on trade.

Last edited:
I suspect down the stretch most Trump ads are going to go after Biden pretty hard on NAFTA, frac-ing, and fossil fuels in general to try to take PA, MI, WI, and MN. Why mention immigration when you have failed to deliver on your most prominent and obnoxious promise of building a wall and making Mexico pay for it?

I would say there are lots of suburban voters a bit scared after seeing a Broken Arrow sized town in Wisconsin go up in smoke, but tying it to Joe Biden will be a pretty hard sell. Not a lot of people are going to buy "Joe Biden: Radical Marxist" lol. They might buy "Joe Biden: the guy killing your jobs for the last 40 years." And I agree with Biden on trade.
I think the Fracking thing is a pretty hilarious jab to throw in Pennsylvania. Yes, they do frac a lot in the Marcellus. But, the vast majority of the land / minerals there are Fee / State. A liberal plan to ban fracking federally would only apply to BLM regulated lands. If anything, it might make the gas in the Marcellus more valuable as supply out west (Mostly in places like Wyoming or New Mexico) was negatively impacted. It's an ignorant argument for Pennsylvania as a single entity. (Not saying it wouldn't have more impact nationally)

I'm tacitly pointing out that today's riots and violence are just yesterday's immigration. They're just ploys to scare suburban independent voters.

They’re yesterday’s immigration with actual film and pics of buildings burnings and stores being looted. Ploy or not I do expect him to get some traction here. Especially with Biden’s reluctance to condemn these actions.

They’re yesterday’s immigration with actual film and pics of buildings burnings and stores being looted. Ploy or not I do expect him to get some traction here. Especially with Biden’s reluctance to condemn these actions.
Meh. They were showing the videos of immigrant caravans and running news stories about immigrant murderers 4 years ago. The immigration crisis really had no nexus either. It was just people wanting to come in. At least in this situation you have some sort of reason for the unrest. (Police Misconduct / Governmental Over Discipline / Fermentation of far - right militants)

I think Biden had a pretty good speech today about the issue.

Last edited:
Interesting....there were 17,413 murders in the US in 2016....the last year Joe was in office. The last full year data I could find was 2018 with 16,214 murders. Isn't 17,413 > 16,214 ? I should also point out that a vast majority of these violent crimes are in areas where Biden wants less police presence and not more. Feel safer yet?

...and did Aston really just blame the burning of our cities and looting of our stores on far right militant groups and not mention the people actually committing this violence?

Meh. They were showing the videos of immigrant caravans and running news stories about immigrant murderers 4 years ago. The immigration crisis really had no nexus either. It was just people wanting to come in. At least in this situation you have some sort of reason for the unrest. (Police Misconduct / Governmental Over Discipline / Fermentation of far - right militants)

Statistics are very easily manipulated. The majority of these crimes are committed in Blue controlled cities and could easily be cleaned up with federal assistance. Instead, the Blues are holding their populist hostage until after the election. On the topic of illegal immigration, this problem has quickly become a lesser issue because of what’s going on behind the scenes. The South American governments were not assisting enough to stop the problem so we recommend that POTUS declare drug cartels as terrorist organizations. When they realized the money train would be halted, almost overnight the caravans stopped and the rush to the border dropped exponentially.

Interesting....there were 17,413 murders in the US in 2016....the last year Joe was in office. The last full year data I could find was 2018 with 16,214 murders. Isn't 17,413 > 16,214 ?
To be fair, he mixed crime rate and murder rate. So I'm sure his comparison isn't accurate. But his sentiment is pretty clear...

Also, Biden's cited stat (which I can't find so maybe it's bollocks) was murder rate + in cities + this year.

This is from midway through the year, but we don't know what to attribute it to... whether it's the George Floyd Protests, or whether it's unrest due to the economic effects of Covid.

Reactions: URedskin54
My good ole Chicago leading the way once again I see. To at least put things in perspective, I do believe the murder rate there has actually decreased in the last few years. There we 762 murders in Chicago in 2016 btw. There were 510 last year.

Last edited:
Interesting....there were 17,413 murders in the US in 2016....the last year Joe was in office. The last full year data I could find was 2018 with 16,214 murders. Isn't 17,413 > 16,214 ? I should also point out that a vast majority of these violent crimes are in areas where Biden wants less police presence and not more. Feel safer yet?

...and did Aston really just blame the burning of our cities and looting of our stores on far right militant groups and not mention the people actually committing this violence?
BTW, yes there were 17K in Obama's last year in office, but for much of his tenure it hovered closer to 14.5K. Trump hasn't hit that few yet per the available data. Overall crime has been falling broadly year over year for decades though. This is a stupid linchpin argument.

Statistics are very easily manipulated. The majority of these crimes are committed in Blue controlled cities and could easily be cleaned up with federal assistance. Instead, the Blues are holding their populist hostage until after the election. On the topic of illegal immigration, we recommend that POTUS declare cartels terrorist organizations. When the politicians realized the gravy train was going to dry up if POTUS did that, they almost overnight began to police their own people which reduced illegal immigration to record lows. Amazing what a smart president can accomplish!

BTW, yes there were 17K in Obama's last year in office, but for much of his tenure it hovered closer to 14.5K. Trump hasn't hit that few yet per the available data. Overall crime has been falling broadly year over year for decades though. This is a stupid linchpin argument.

Tough to come into office when your handed a skyrocketing murder rate from your predecessor :) Nice to see he got that trend reversed.

Tough to come into office when your handed a skyrocketing murder rate from your predecessor :) Nice to see he got that trend reversed.
Sky rocketing? That's a bit of a stretch. It was extremely low for 6/8 Obama years and increased the last two...

Interesting that the states with the highest murder rates are disproportionately conservative leaning.

1. Louisiana (14.4 per 100k)
  2. Alabama (12.9 per 100k)
  3. Mississippi (12.7 per 100k)
  4. Missouri (11.3 per 100k)
  5. Alaska (10.6 per 100k)
  6. Maryland (10.2 per 100k)
  7. Arkansas (9.8 per 100k)
  8. South Carolina (9.3 per 100k)
  9. Illinois (9 per 100k)
  10. Tennessee (8.8 per 100k)

Sky rocketing? That's a bit of a stretch. It was extremely low for 6/8 Obama years and increased the last two...

Interesting that the states with the highest murder rates are disproportionately conservative leaning.

1. Louisiana (14.4 per 100k)
  2. Alabama (12.9 per 100k)
  3. Mississippi (12.7 per 100k)
  4. Missouri (11.3 per 100k)
  5. Alaska (10.6 per 100k)
  6. Maryland (10.2 per 100k)
  7. Arkansas (9.8 per 100k)
  8. South Carolina (9.3 per 100k)
  9. Illinois (9 per 100k)
  10. Tennessee (8.8 per 100k)

Yes....if you look at the murder increase in 2016 from 2015 there was a significant increase. I would wager if you look at where the majority of those murders are occurring in those "conservative" leaning states you would find Dem Mayors, Dem Representatives, Dem local officials...from top to bottom.

Yes....if you look at the murder increase in 2016 from 2015 there was a significant increase. I would wager if you look at where the majority of those murders are occurring in those "conservative" leaning states you would find Dem Mayors, Dem Representatives, Dem local officials...from top to bottom.
Dem Mayors, Dem Representatives, Dem Local Officials, who represent a bunch of gerrymandered districts in conservative state legislatures and have no impact at a statewide level where laws governing crime or crime prevention (gun control) are created nor any control over state laws that might actually help impoverished people in crime ridden areas.

Again, you think the mayor can fix crime all on his own. He can't. The mayor is just a glorified office manager. Laws and their enforcement on a statewide level are above his head and in the hands of the legislatures and the Governors of these states.

Most of those states have Republican Governors and 2/3'rds Republican majorities in their legislatures. The urban communities there fail because their laws and their system of government aren't set up for them to succeed.

Last edited:
BTW, I'll give you Illinois and Maryland being dumps. Illinois because of severe funding issues that we've discussed... and Maryland because the Dems there are probably just as crooked as the Republicans in some of these other crime ridden states.

Dem Mayors, Dem Representatives, Dem Local Officials, who represent a bunch of gerrymandered districts in conservative state legislatures and have no impact at a statewide level where laws governing crime or crime prevention (gun control) are created or any control over state laws that might actually help impoverished people in crime ridden areas.

Again, you think the Mayor can fix crime all on his own. He can't. The mayor is just a glorified office manager. Laws and their enforcement on a statewide level are above his head and in the hands of the legislatures and the Governors of these states.

Most of those states have Republican Governors and 2/3'rds Republican majorities in their legislatures. The urban communities there fail because their laws and their system of government isn't set up for them to succeed.

We see the exact same picture played out in urban areas across the country so let’s not blame the Pubs and their legislatures. Dem controlled states have identical problems in their urban areas. Everyone of which is controlled from the top down by Dems. The difference in the per capita rate is due to the population in the larger states brings that number down. For example the per capita numbers in Chicago are lower than many other suites solely due to population. However, if you break those numbers down further into a few square miles within that city you will find alarming violence and murder numbers in those small areas. Of course those black people are being murdered by other black people so no one cares about them as their no race card to politicize.

Someone better pay attention to New York btw. Violence has been on the rise there for awhile

We see the exact same picture played out in urban areas across the country so let’s not blame the Pubs and their legislatures. Dem controlled states have identical problems in their urban areas. Everyone of which is controlled from the top down by Dems. The difference in the per capita rate is due to the population in the larger states brings that number down. For example the per capita numbers in Chicago are lower than many other suites solely due to population. However, if you break those numbers down further into a few square miles within that city you will find alarming violence and murder numbers in those small areas. Of course those black people are being murdered by other black people so no one cares about them as their no race card to politicize.
Democratic states have less per capita murder on average when compared by voting margin in the last presidential election. Illinois, Maryland, and California are the outliers, but there are quite a few more heavily Republican voting states that are in between Illinois at 9/100K and California at 5.1/100K than there are ones with large Democratic voting margins. I can show you in a plot I just made, but I don't want to go through the hastle of uploading it.

The states with neutral / close voter margins tend to be in the middle when it comes to murder rate.

Again....murder per capita rate is meaningless when you live in our inner cities which are being overrun by violence, murder, poverty, drugs, etc... I’m not willing to tell those people living on the south side of Chicago...I know you live in a place of unspeakable violence but your states per capita murder rate isn’t bad due to population elsewhere. You keep citing a figure which is largely determined by how many people live outside those high crime urban areas.

To be fair, he mixed crime rate and murder rate. So I'm sure his comparison isn't accurate. But his sentiment is pretty clear...

Also, Biden's cited stat (which I can't find so maybe it's bollocks) was murder rate + in cities + this year.

This is from midway through the year, but we don't know what to attribute it to... whether it's the George Floyd Protests, or whether it's unrest due to the economic effects of Covid.

IMO both the protests/riots and the murder rate are symptoms of the country dealing with covid. Out of work young males drive violent crime and there’s a lot of pent up energy and frustration (again IMO) coming out all at once.

Reactions: astonmartin708
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT