ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Marshall

I saw the report that WSU and Marshall would part ways by the end of the week and that WSU would try to hire Thad Matta as the replacement and get him in place in time for the season. Didn't Matta have his own issues and why he got fired at Ohio State?

Yeah. Not a good look. Also, you can’t recruit those types of players to Wichita.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Matta had health concerns his last year at OSU. There are some good articles online about how being away from coaching improved his health.

That would be funneh. I doubt it happens. KU people hate Wichita State.

Resigned. They owe him $7.75 million over six years. That’s a lot of revenue for a non-football school. I would have been willing to litigate that this is a “for cause”termination. I suppose they are worried about how that looks to other coaches, but when you are stuck with that option or paying the guy who abused players, I’d take the side of the players and not be willing to leave a long term liability like this on books, particularly when his future job prospects are VERY limited.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Resigned. They owe him $7.75 million over six years. That’s a lot of revenue for a non-football school. I would have been willing to litigate that this is a “for cause”termination. I suppose they are worried about how that looks to other coaches, but when you are stuck with that option or paying the guy who abused players, I’d take the side of the players and not be willing to leave a long term liability like this on books, particularly when his future job prospects are VERY limited.
Maybe there is proof that Wichita St ignored complaints before, and they are paying him off to try and avoid that coming out.

Maybe there is proof that Wichita St ignored complaints before, and they are paying him off to try and avoid that coming out.

Why? How would they be liable? That theory would make look even worse. I think they just made a Bobby Bonilla type financial commitment for similar reasons.

Chapman is announcing and signing tomorrow at noon. Got to be either WSU or Tulsa. We’ll see.
Ain’t holding my breath. We‘ve gone O-fer on these players who have a big surprise signing ceremony.

Tough time to lose your coach, couple of weeks before the season starts.

Ain’t holding my breath. We‘ve gone O-fer on these players who have a big surprise signing ceremony.

Tough time to lose your coach, couple of weeks before the season starts.

I tend to agree, especially after we offered another wing player today (Teafale Lenard).

If we can't get him over a coach less wichita st something's wrong. They must be bragging they are going to get an impossible to get coach to sway him. They sure can't be bragging about Danny Manning.

College programs are such wussies. They absolutely should have sued and got players to testify or give depositions. He would have looked like a dip:crap:. This had gone on even prior to WSU. I don't know what they were worried about.

I promise someone pretty good would coach there given what the Kochs are throwing down for, their great atmosphere, our league, and what they are paying

Reactions: ba11game
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT