ADVERTISEMENT

Great article from Kelly Hines

She’s come a long way from articles about the name Shaq

He deserves all the press he gets. And I get the myth making that goes with promoting someone for awards, but not sure Im buying what the coaches are selling in the article.

My recollection is that they were telling people at the time they first ID’d him at a camp in Tyler, Texas, not some 7v7 game back when he signed. Which either way also kinda begs the question, why he hasn’t seen highlights of the best sophomores and juniors of schools within a short drive of campus and bumps into him at a summer game. Bob Stoops was known to watch hours of fifty feet of film of 9th graders across the country. If they ID’d him as a LB, why wasn’t he signed as that?

I’ll turn down the negativity. I get it. It’s about the kid, not the coach. But there’s a dose of ego and show business from the coaches in this article I suspect.

If we are up by 21 or more, and inside the 10, they need to throw him a jump ball or outside shoulder at the flag. Maybe save it for the bowl.

I haven’t always been the biggest fan of Kelly Hines, but this article is excellent! Well done! Zaven Collins is a star and someone we can all be proud of. I can’t wait to follow his career. Hoping it ends alongside Steve Largent in Canton.

I think it's awesome that so many local and national media members are finally jumping on the Collins bandwagon. He definitely deserves it.

But I do want to point out that @Larry Lewis saw this coming back in August of 2019...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT