ADVERTISEMENT

Grahamball

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Hawaii over Houston 14-0 in 1st Qtr.

It’s got all you’d expect.

Nine guys who weigh 200 lbs blitzing every play. Forcing an interception then a deep bomb for a touchdown on the first play back on offense.

Lots of penalties and late hits.

Two time outs on defense for no reason

Todd belly hidden under rain slicker. F bombs raining down.

:todd:

We just need to see The Rock and have TG say “high octane offense” in the halftime walk off interview snd it would be like old times.

As is, it’s like going to see your favorite band’s lead singer in concert after they’ve broken up and he has a new band with the same songs but a different riff on each.

These refs arent calling anything (for either team) multiple PI's an late hits

This is the least athletic Houston offense in a long time. What’s going on with Holgersen?

21-0. Not helping the conference image. If UH doesn’t get in gear Todd will hang 50+ on them.

Last edited:
Houston sucks. Worst program money can buy.

Seeing TG & GJ Kinne, my first thought was of ESPN talking head Todd McShay. Current "expert" on the NFL draft & former "expert" on picking bowl winners. This moron, out of 30 plus bowl games, picked all of them in advance with TU vs Hawaii being his "sell the farm" lead pipe cinch for a Hawaii win in the 2010 Hawaii Bowl. Kinne,Clay,Damaris J. et al dropped over 60 on the 'bows. Just wonder how much $ was lost by picking Hawaii over us.

Seeing TG & GJ Kinne, my first thought was of ESPN talking head Todd McShay. Current "expert" on the NFL draft & former "expert" on picking bowl winners. This moron, out of 30 plus bowl games, picked all of them in advance with TU vs Hawaii being his "sell the farm" lead pipe cinch for a Hawaii win in the 2010 Hawaii Bowl. Kinne,Clay,Damaris J. et al dropped over 60 on the 'bows. Just wonder how much $ was lost by picking Hawaii over us.

My favorite part of that was Kinne over-ruling Graham and running it up with one last TD because “they booed our highlights at the banquet”

My favorite part of that was Kinne over-ruling Graham and running it up with one last TD because “they booed our highlights at the banquet”
That whole trip was outrageous. I was so ready to watch them get beat and go home. We had a lovely time but I confess to flipping off the whole island just after takeoff.

That whole trip was outrageous. I was so ready to watch them get beat and go home. We had a lovely time but I confess to flipping off the whole island just after takeoff.
I got a lot of enjoyment watching TU under the old fire and brimstone cussing coach .
They recruited like hell and competed just like what the Rainbows are doing today ..

I was very critical of our defense that last year, but I did like that we were among the leaders (if not the leader) in interceptions. They were vindicated in a lot of ways. And Hawaii didn’t know what him em. I remember the paper there freaking out they lost to us and got beat like that.

I will always have a soft spot for Graham. He was nuts and not someone you’d want to be around, but very effective at his job.

If I was asked to build a totem pole of college football, TG and Co. would be a bit higher than AAC conference pride. You may have to dig fairly deep below the ground to find UH on the monument.

If I was asked to build a totem pole of college football, TG and Co. would be a bit higher than AAC conference pride. You may have to dig fairly deep below the ground to find UH on the monument.

I assume that is the dirt referenced in your name?

I was very critical of our defense that last year, but I did like that we were among the leaders (if not the leader) in interceptions. They were vindicated in a lot of ways. And Hawaii didn’t know what him em. I remember the paper there freaking out they lost to us and got beat like that.

I will always have a soft spot for Graham. He was nuts and not someone you’d want to be around, but very effective at his job.

He could be abrasive if you aren't use to that type of guy. Not an excuse just saying that after you have some experience it's easier to deal with.

His other qualities aside I felt like he fits the program, his instinct is to play the type of football Tulsa has excelled at. Cutting edge, pushing limits, aggressive, hard working and smart. They came with a chip on their shoulder and enough talent to overwhelm you in ways you had never seen.

That staff created advantages, exploited strengths, and ran the team like I would my program on playstation. Did it get us in trouble? Yeah we could get too cute, there was a lot of inexperience on the staff, but it was always fun and I struggle to remember games I didn't think we could win.

Tulsa football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT