ADVERTISEMENT

Goldie

Sooo, did we give up on the ole girl?
What an abject disaster. My guess is that was Stead’s little project and after he died they let the dog go to a farm out in the country.

How do you pick one of the most sociable breeds of dog and get the 1 dog in 500 of that breed that hates people and playing fetch?

Reactions: TULSARISING
It all appeared to be a scam so some people could have a dog. That’s my uniformed view from seeing a couple of things over a couple of years that made me scratch my head. I think everyone may have tried a little too hard to be cute.

It all appeared to be a scam so some people could have a dog. That’s my uniformed view from seeing a couple of things over a couple of years that made me scratch my head. I think everyone may have tried a little too hard to be cute.
Your namesake

She disappeared and I believe there is some sort of nefarious conspiracy involved.

Goldie has retired from growling at cheerleaders & not fetching stuff to spend more time with her feathered family.

She disappeared and I believe there is some sort of nefarious conspiracy involved.

Clancy and Levit did it. I saw a link on Facebook to some academic journal that I had never heard of before, but it must be true. Howland said that George Kaiser preferred German philosophers and shepherds. Also Goldie ate Bob Dylan’s jacket and now sounds like a British bulldog.

Did we get our money back for the custom smart car we got for the dog while asking our coaching staff to stop using the printers so much to save money

Reactions: HuffyCane
Didn't they discover at one point that the doggie was pretty good at jumping into the water?

Didn't they discover at one point that the doggie was pretty good at jumping into the water?
Yes. It’s not really our mascot. It always has been a dog that was being trained to competitively jump off docks for the benefit of ESPN8 viewers at 3am. Given the dogs disposition, I’ve often wondered about the conditions of the training for those events.

See Gold and Redskin above for a more precise answer than I can give here.

Did we get our money back for the custom smart car we got for the dog while asking our coaching staff to stop using the printers so much to save money
Ooh, I actually have "inside" info on this one. According to my Automotive Design professor (from 5 years ago) the car was donated to the school. At the time they kept it at the TU garage. I can't remember if it was donated specifically for that purpose or it was donated and the school realized they could use it for moving Goldie around. I think it was more likely the latter. We may have done some repairs/modifications to the car, but the school didn't pay for the car itself.

Ooh, I actually have "inside" info on this one. According to my Automotive Design professor (from 5 years ago) the car was donated to the school. At the time they kept it at the TU garage. I can't remember if it was donated specifically for that purpose or it was donated and the school realized they could use it for moving Goldie around. I think it was more likely the latter. We may have done some repairs/modifications to the car, but the school didn't pay for the car itself.

Well I retract my whining then haha. There was definitely some butthurt in the athletic department because of that dog car though. I guess they're not that unlike the faculty in getting upset because of some perceived spending, but really not knowing what they're talking about.

Last edited:
Tulsa has an automotive design professor???

Tulsa has an automotive design professor???
TU used to have a robust electric and solar car program. I know in the 90s they designed an electric car and competed with it nationally. A friend of mine who was an EE major worked on it. There have been some different iterations of the car over the years. I think the latest ones were tests for an electric car except the students at TU mostly worked in designing and building battery cells to try and maximize their efficiency.

They’ve got kids building both cars and airplanes over there. We just got another grant last week to build robots to help sick kids. $2 million from NSF. And they are building a robotic hand that may have medical or military applications. TU is small, very small, minuscule and irrelevant really when you are talking major university research, but they quietly do a lot of high quality, big impact stuff.

The electric car project is on hard times in a post Obama America where gas is cheap and you can buy a Tesla. It just does not have the sexy that students want when doing research nowadays. That’s why the robot/AI stuff is front and center. We came in like 9th place in the big car design competition this year and we’ve won it in the past iirc. Meanwhile, the robot team is winning medals and building things that will destroy us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
They’ve got kids building both cars and airplanes over there. We just got another grant last week to build robots to help sick kids. $2 million from NSF. And they are building a robotic hand that may have medical or military applications. TU is small, very small, minuscule and irrelevant really when you are talking major university research, but they quietly do a lot of high quality, big impact stuff.

The electric car project is on hard times in a post Obama America where gas is cheap and you can buy a Tesla. It just does not have the sexy that students want when doing research nowadays. That’s why the robot/AI stuff is front and center. We came in like 9th place in the big car design competition this year and we’ve won it in the past iirc. Meanwhile, the robot team is winning medals and building things that will destroy us all.
AI is the latest greatest trend for colleges and universities to start programs. I’ve been contacted by the CoE several times about partnering with TCC to do some AI, AR/VR classes and workforce development programs.

Did everyone know there is a company in Broken Arrow called SkyNet? Every time I drive by it I look to see if Arnie or John Conner are hanging out.

Some of the AI stuff is scary. Walk through a store and you will start getting Facebook ads for products you may have looked at. Have a conversation w/ your phone nearby...you’ll start getting ads. It’s creepy.

AI is the latest greatest trend for colleges and universities to start programs. I’ve been contacted by the CoE several times about partnering with TCC to do some AI, AR/VR classes and workforce development programs.

Did everyone know there is a company in Broken Arrow called SkyNet? Every time I drive by it I look to see if Arnie or John Conner are hanging out.

Some of the AI stuff is scary. Walk through a store and you will start getting Facebook ads for products you may have looked at. Have a conversation w/ your phone nearby...you’ll start getting ads. It’s creepy.

Just as it was predicted..
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181689/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT