ADVERTISEMENT

Golden Hurricane Anonymous

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Welcome to the first Golden Hurricane Anonymous meeting.

Hello everyone, My name is Jester and I have an addiction.

This addiction I have battled my entire life. Family, friends and coworkers have attempted numerous interventions, even going as far as to laugh at me for my addiction as if it was somehow just a choice I made that I could just stop anytime I wanted.

I come here hoping to find peers that can associate with my illness and look for means to help cope and in some way find happiness again during the Fall seasons of my life.

Hi Jester. I, too have an addiction. It has been going on now for 26 years, since I was only 5 years old. It has hurt me, my family, and my friends.

I am glad there’s finally a group I can share my addiction problems with safely without fear of judgement.

Reactions: jesterondirt
Hello Jester. I too have the same addiction. Mine started in 1961 when I was a TU freshman. I have been a tkt holder for decades, but I didn’t renew this year. I knew I was going to be traveling and miss at least 3 games. But I also knew how badly they were going to play offensively because we still didn’t have a decent QB and Monty was dumbing down the offense so much it’s seems like a good high school team could defend us. My behavioral patterns are not good enough to sit through 3.5 hours of offensive hell if one is a seasoned TU fan. It’s the 1990’s all over again, except we are better defensively this year. I know I need therapy and my wife may have me committed soon anyway. By the way I live in Springfield, MO., and I WAS at the Ark game till Boomer continued to play into the second half. GO TU. See everyone at Homecoming.

Hi, I’m Sonofbird.

I’ve been a fan since Catbird took me to my first game in 1977.

Interestingly enough, I was a bigger fan than the Bird until the mid ‘90’s when he grabbed the mantle.

As a grad of OSU, my allegiance to TU has remained steadfast. I’ve seen this script played out a few times over the past 40+ years. The bitterness of losing makes winning all the more sweeter.

It’s tough, at times, being a TU fan, but we will get back to our winning ways.

Hi my name is Huffy and I've been a TU football fan since I was 5 years old. I've been a TU football fan since before there was a REAL Huffy, the original Huffy, not the Popcorn looking thing.

I find myself late at night sneaking out of bed and being careful not to wake Ms. Huffy so I can read about TU football. I often forsake my church, my parents, and my bank account for TU football. If I had kids, I would sell them short too for TU football, but they would be named Kendall and Collins, so Im not sure they would notice or care so long as I took them to a game each year and taught them to sled down the hill on a greasy Mazzio's box like my father before me. Only my golden retriever, also named Huffy, truly understands.

The other night, I had an itch that hadn't been scratched in weeks so I started watching the 2008 season on YouTube and before I knew it I was watching Steve Gage run the option. I woke up the next morning and I didnt know where I was with the 1991 Freedom Bowl on in the third quarter. Ms. Huffy says we should have a talk, but all I can say is that I have an addiction and she needs to look into TUAnon and available special teams coaches if she truly wants to support me and stay together.

My name is Huffy and I am an addict.

Hello, my name is Jesse. And I'm addicted to TU Football.

I grew up in a pretty average middle class home in the midwest surrounded by Big 10 and Big 12 fans. My parents had season tickets to a smaller school and I frequently went to football games, but I didn't really follow college sports. In college I always worked evenings, so I didn't get season tickets as a student but had a healthy relationship with college football.

In grad school, however, I felt like a needed an out. You know, just a little something to take the edge off. Just on the weekends at first.

Then the University offered free tickets. I was really able to experiment with college football more and found that I really, really liked the buzz it gave me. I watched football on TV. I went to games. I read about it. Compiled stats. I talked about it. I had friends groups devoted to it. I even went to bowl games. I was hooked.

Soon the University stopped giving it to me for free. So I had to pay for season tickets. I had to pay more to travel to away games or bowl games. I had to pay for cable TV. I paid for subscriptions to recruiting websites. It ate up my Saturdays. I bought a flag to fly for the front yard and one for the car. I got my wife addicted. It even affected the way I dress.

Now I feel like I've hit rock bottom. Lately, I haven't been getting the same pleasure from my addiction that I used to. I don't even like it sometimes. But I keep doing it. I'm worried this blue and gold blood isn't healthy. I feel like I'm stuck in some kind of storm. Some kind of disappointment filled, fantastic, blue and Golden Hurricane. A glorious collection of rain, thunder, lightening, and excitement. I got this. We got this. The hell with it, I can stop anytime I want. I don't want to stop.

See you Saturday.

I'm TU-BLA. I knew nothing about TU football until I arrived on campus in 1992. I knew nothing but losing until Coach Kragthorpe...but I also loved watching the game and knowing the players. I lived with TU players in LaFortune before it was nice and rat-free. I bleed blue and gold and hate all things OU/OSU. Not being from OK, I have no allegiances to any other schools around here.

I feel spoiled over the last 15 years of TU football and now I have expectations and hopes. I keep telling myself I am not going to watch or go to games anymore...

addicted since 1964 watching TU comeback against KState in the old fairgrounds pavilion basketball arena. Raised B&G from birth. Indoctrinated at Skelly at an early age. The hope of a W next game keeps me going.

Welcome to the first Golden Hurricane Anonymous meeting.

Hello everyone, My name is Jester and I have an addiction.This addiction I have battled my entire life.

I come here hoping to find peers that can associate with my illness and look for means to help cope and in some way find happiness again during the Fall seasons of my life.

I'm afraid, while we all want to help, that the only "on the field' aid for your
malady would come from better recruiting and better coaching....

I'm not at all sure that those remedies are close at hand right now....

If prayer will help, count me in!!

There are a lot of clever people that post on here, as is obvious by the stuff above. I, unfortunately, am not one of them. However, ya'll know my blue & gold proclivities anyway. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT