ADVERTISEMENT

Going to be a tough year…..

Hahahahahaha

I'm ignoring it all this year, it's a total crap show and I expected it to be so entering the season. Have you watched these kids play? There's very little talent. The PG is D3 - at best. I'm serious. I've seen a ton of ball in my time.

I'll be commenting this time next year... and things will be better because they can't get any worse.

Reactions: Cane1963
We just got whipped by an average SMU team who were depleted by injuries. But of course it’s not just this game, we are rarely competitive regardless of who we are playing. Now we have to sit around and make excuses, talk about how he doesn’t have “his“ guys yet and how he is trying to change the culture. It’s all B.S. and a losers mentality. Obviously we are not going to fire him and I believe he is doing the best he can, but so far he is the Dave Rader of basketball….good guy that everyone likes, but does not win. I’ll keep going to the games, watching the games on TV and pulling for the Team. Now let the excuses begin…..I‘ll kick us off, “it’s only his first year and we need to give him more time”. Next……
Keep on comparing apples and oranges and all you’ll get is a fruit salad. Dave Rader had a fraction of the assets that any of our coaches have today, and he did win for a time in spite of that. He probably should have bailed for Baylor when he had a chance instead of showing loyalty to TU and their lack of support at the time.

Konkol hasn’t even been here a full year and posts like this from “fans” are just ****ing embarrassing. Go to games and support the men’s and women’s teams. The destruction that Gragg, Montgomery and Haith did to our athletic programs didn’t happen overnight and will not be fixed overnight.

Reactions: TU Sepp and TUMU
The problem is, these guys aren’t playing hard and there is zero competitiveness. There has not only been a lack of improvement, the regression is precipitous. I haven’t given up on Konkol yet, but you can’t watch this and act like everything is fine. One thing I will say in his favor is that, on paper, he appears to be recruiting pretty well, so perhaps help is on the way. One word of caution to the “give him time” crowd…yes, he needs more than a year, but the days of three, four and five year builds are over. With the portal, the quick fix is the thing.

Depending on the school, it's history, it's rep, the players left over, the coach, and how quickly he can work within that framework the rebuild takes about one year less imo. This expecting it in 1 or 2 years is fan's desire, and impatience. It was 3 to 5, now it's 2-4. Yes it has had a substantial effect. But across the board, the portal hasn't been as much of a game changer as some fans might like to think. You don't go by how quickly 4 or 5 coaches have made the turn around as a guideline. Canning someone after 3 years will often be premature, unless no progress has been made, or the program has even declined during the new regime.

People are so quick to judge, before anyone is given time to make changes. If someone were as quick to judge the general you, in your profession, you would be moaning about how little time you were given. We don't need 7 or 8 years of Wojick, Haith, or Monty. But we also don't need 3 years each of Konkol and the next 3 coaches. Four to five years is still the appropriate time to can them.

Last edited:
Reactions: nevadanatural
The problem is, these guys aren’t playing hard and there is zero competitiveness. There has not only been a lack of improvement, the regression is precipitous. I haven’t given up on Konkol yet, but you can’t watch this and act like everything is fine. One thing I will say in his favor is that, on paper, he appears to be recruiting pretty well, so perhaps help is on the way. One word of caution to the “give him time” crowd…yes, he needs more than a year, but the days of three, four and five year builds are over. With the portal, the quick fix is the thing.
These players, Haiths guys, aren't buying in to the man to man defense and playing hard. This offseason will be the time for them to hit the road and rebuild.

Hahahahahaha

I'm ignoring it all this year, it's a total crap show and I expected it to be so entering the season. Have you watched these kids play? There's very little talent. The PG is D3 - at best. I'm serious. I've seen a ton of ball in my time.

I'll be commenting this time next year... and things will be better because they can't get any worse.
Point guard Pritchard is a 8 point player on his best night and still makes way too many silly
turnovers . He needs to get dedicated in the weight room and work his ass off on ball
handling , if he doesn't improve they have to get someone solid . I do like the Florida juco
and the freshmen will get better .

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Louisiana tech and the ghosts of Christmas past...

If you look at what Louisiana Tech lost, their record now, and what they would have gained...

They lost an all star junior to the g league. Big loss.
They lost two of their best recruits at the time.
They likely lost reinforcement transfers in Selebangue & Betson or the equivalent, if those weren't the needs. Selebangue would've been needed.

So under a new coach and what he was able to bring under the time gun after all those losses, they are still a .600 ball club.

All these miserable rats that are saying whoa is me...
You need to do what you all said you would and be patient. Give him a year to start getting Haith's train wreck in line.

3 of LaTech's 9 wins are against NAIA teams. They're probably the 6th best team in CUSA? I'm certainly giving Konkol time to sort this out, but LaTech isn't the reason why.

3 of LaTech's 9 wins are against NAIA teams. They're probably the 6th best team in CUSA? I'm certainly giving Konkol time to sort this out, but LaTech isn't the reason why.
The point was they are better than us, and they lost a bunch, but have Konkol's base. Not that they are a great team. They lost by 11 to Texas Tech. I think we'd lose by more than that. We are playing with Haith's base.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT