ADVERTISEMENT

⚽ Recruiting Goalkeeper commitment

So I learned something about GK recruiting videos with this. Pick better saves vs better shots. IMO, many of the PK saves actually showed how bad PK shooters are getting worried about missing. Also, show me much more of his decision making distributing the ball as well as how his team might play through him in the back. That added player and point of distribution ahs become a big emphasis in terms of GK development. In watching what GK coaches have done with my son and the amount of time they focus on playing the ball with their feet from all sorts of angles as well as bad back passes that are thigh high and bouncing. For every spectacular save a GK is asked to make in a game, they're asked 10X that amount to make proper decisions and distribute the ball. I only say this because my son needs to start putting together his recruiting video (as a GK).

This will also be the 2nd class in a row that Tom has taken a somewhat undersized GK.

Nicky Rimando says there’s hope for your kid …

Nicky Rimando says there’s hope for your kid …
Jorge Campos says that too...and my kid is 4 inches taller than Campos. And I think my kid is going to grow at least 2-3 inches more. He's got freakishly large feet and long arms for his current height. I don't know where he gets it. My side of the family is mostly hobbits, not quite as hairy. My son is nearly a foot taller than his grandmother and 2 aunts.

Apparently my wife's grandfather was somewhat tall at 6'2" ish. I never met him.

Last edited:
Jorge Campos says that too...and my kid is 4 inches taller than Campos. And I think my kid is going to grow at least 2-3 inches more. He's got freakishly large feet and long arms for his current height. I don't know where he gets it. My side of the family is mostly hobbits, not quite as hairy. My son is nearly a foot taller than his grandmother and 2 aunts.

Apparently my wife's grandmother was somewhat tall at 6'2" ish. I never met him.
“Apparently my wife's grandmother was somewhat tall at 6'2" ish. I never met him.”

Your wife’s grandmother was a him? That’s weird. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT