ADVERTISEMENT

GJ Kinne

The Word actually shares the conference championship with the one team that beat them. SLU.-Southeastern Louisiana . What he has done with Lindsey Scott is tremendous. He took a guy who has played at FIVE schools in Six years and made him star. That’s a tall task.
Also if I’m not mistaken Dexter McCoil is from somewhere in La.
I believe that G. J. Is our guy. He has ties here, has proven that he can takeover a team and take them to the next level , and WIN! What more do we need????
I think if we don’t get him now we miss our chance. His star is rising!!!

Question? Who does GJ bring in to be OC? We all think Marion would be an easy choice but he would probably make more $ as WR coach at Texas than he would as OC at TU. Could GJ bring Chad Morris in? Morris is an offensive analyst at USF...and they're getting an entirely new coaching staff. Deion Sanders' name has been linked to the Bulls and Auburn. Just wondering. I think Morris back as OC with GJ as the HC makes a lot of sense and could bring back the need for a scoreboard to 3 digits for the score 😂

Reactions: Sbellini
Question? Who does GJ bring in to be OC? We all think Marion would be an easy choice but he would probably make more $ as WR coach at Texas than he would as OC at TU. Could GJ bring Chad Morris in? Morris is an offensive analyst at USF...and they're getting an entirely new coaching staff. Deion Sanders' name has been linked to the Bulls and Auburn. Just wondering. I think Morris back as OC with GJ as the HC makes a lot of sense and could bring back the need for a scoreboard to 3 digits for the score 😂
I would think GJ would have more flexibility and budget to choose someone for OC that would fit his staff. I’d hold out for the Milkman over someone like Morris.

Reactions: Okietch51
Probably true about Milkman making more at Texas , but might make more sense in the long run to be the OC and then next coach at TU after GJ would leave.

I would think GJ would have more flexibility and budget to choose someone for OC that would fit his staff. I’d hold out for the Milkman
Doubt we can get both as a HC/OC combo. Particularly since both may want the HC job. Tough to swallow pride if you think you are qualified for HC and didn’t get it.

Marion makes $400,001. Any OC at TU would make in the ballpark of $650,000+ depending on credentials and salary pool. Most WR coaches making north of that in the P5 are also and really only recruiting coordinator. Marion coming to TU would be a bad idea for other reasons though.

Marion makes $400,001. Any OC at TU would make in the ballpark of $650,000+ depending on credentials and salary pool. Most WR coaches making north of that in the P5 are also and really only recruiting coordinator. Marion coming to TU would be a bad idea for other reasons though.
Why would it be a bad idea for Marion to come to TU? As OC or as HC?

Reactions: jesterondirt
Maybe Morris brings his kid from I think TCU

GJ being discussed a lot for the Texas State job Spavital was released from today.
That seems about right.

Tells you what a crapshoot choosing a coach is. Spavital was highly touted going into that job. And I also think about how Fuente was such a star early on, only to see his success peter out.

That‘s why a coach who has had sustained success, even at lower division ball, is a good option. Someone who has built and sustained at a high level.

GJ hopefully knows there are other jobs out there versus a lateral move to Texas State.

That seems about right.

Tells you what a crapshoot choosing a coach is. Spavital was highly touted going into that job. And I also think about how Fuente was such a star early on, only to see his success peter out.

That‘s why a coach who has had sustained success, even at lower division ball, is a good option. Someone who has built and sustained at a high level.
This is GJ's first year at Division 3 Incarnate Word

Reactions: TulsaAM
This is GJ's first year at Division 3 Incarnate Word
I believe IC is D2/ FCS. Which is why I thought Tx St seems like a reasonable step up for him.

My comments about coaches having sustained success at lower levels wasn’t about him. I was thinking of the Kansas State coach as an example. Sorry I didn’t state that very well.

I know I should not say this out loud but my gut is telling me that this is a done deal….. and that It will be announced after UIW exits the FCS playoffs. I’m known to be wrong especially on this board when I thought Marion would be the OC at PITT but…….

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU_BLA
I know I should not say this out loud but my gut is telling me that this is a done deal….. and that It will be announced after UIW exits the FCS playoffs. I’m known to be wrong especially on this board when I thought Marion would be the OC at PITT but…….
You just placed too much faith that he would take OC position with the neighborhood school, over an assistant position with a blue blood. That's a judgement call, and an easy mistake to make with or without inside info. For all we know Milkman was struggling over that decision.

Thank you for making me feel better about that!!! I’m all in on GJ. I also believe Monty knew that this was happening. The extra long handshake with Dana felt like he was saying farewell to not just Dana but all of it. I don’t believe he will be an FBS head coach moving forward but I do believe he will find a coaching opportunity. I wish him well. And I wish our Golden Hurricane team success! The future is bright!!!!

I would rather he come here but Texas State is would not be a lateral move. FCS to FBS is never a lateral move.
The Word and Texas State are the same level in terms of capabilities. Texas State belongs in the FCS.

The Word and Texas State are the same level in terms of capabilities. Texas State belongs in the FCS.
Texas State played us once and beat us, then we stiffed them out of the return game.

They’re a little better than FCS.

To be honest The Word could beat us…… I have said that before in this board but it is true……

Again The Word would probably beat us ….. lol
Not having too long a history with TU I do not understand the weird relationship with The Word but right now their program is being bank rolled, has huge support from the school admin , and besides the loss to Southeastern Louisiana they are chugging. Not a bad spot to be in. Just saying

Again The Word would probably beat us ….. lol
Not having too long a history with TU I do not understand the weird relationship with The Word but right now their program is being bank rolled, has huge support from the school admin , and besides the loss to Southeastern Louisiana they are chugging. Not a bad spot to be in. Just saying

There was a long time odd correlation between the former head coaches at each school and their offers to players...GJ broke that and now it seems unlikely it will ever again be a relationship like similarity

The extra long handshake with Dana felt like he was saying farewell to not just Dana but all of it.
Yeah, I didn't see it as obvious in the talk with our radio guys, but that extra long handshake was not normal for Monty. And the body language said it was something like a goodbye mash, networking thing.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
If we are going with this, I would hope I. Word is out in the quarterfinals Dec 9/10 or at the latest, in the semifinals Dec 16/17. I don't want to have to wait past Jan 8th for the announcement.

ADVERTISEMENT