ADVERTISEMENT

GJ Kinne to UCF

You’ve got to think TG is telling his guys to take whatever opportunity to get off the island with the impending disaster of not having a legit stadium to play in for however long. Pretty sure TG would also run given the chance

You’ve got to think TG is telling his guys to take whatever opportunity to get off the island with the impending disaster of not having a legit stadium to play in for however long. Pretty sure TG would also run given the chance
Looks like they are going to spend $6 million on the temp stadium alternative. Doesn’t leave a lot left over for assistants

Kinne will be paid $300,000. It would appear to me from my arm chair the only reason he isn’t at Tulsa right now is either he doesn’t want to be there or the program doesnt want him there. Or both.

Reactions: TU Man
Kinne will be paid $300,000. It would appear to me from my arm chair the only reason he isn’t at Tulsa right now is either he doesn’t want to be there or the program doesnt want him there. Or both.
How much was he getting at Hawaii?

same as Marion, he isn’t a Monty guy or a proponent of Monty’s offense.

Give him a few years and we can bring him back to TU as the OC or HC and let him assemble his own staff. Marion and GK are both smart enough to realize that Monty is coaching on borrowed time and to come now would be a disaster. If TU chooses to hire Gillespie after Monty, if Gillespie hasn't moved on, then Gillespie can bring in GK and Marion. At best if Gillespie is hired as a HC, we are looking at 4 maybe 5 years before a bigger program hires him away. I just don't know how much freedom the administration is going to Dickson. That group seems tp be A.R. and enjoys micro-managing.

Give him a few years and we can bring him back to TU as the OC or HC and let him assemble his own staff. Marion and GK are both smart enough to realize that Monty is coaching on borrowed time and to come now would be a disaster. If TU chooses to hire Gillespie after Monty, if Gillespie hasn't moved on, then Gillespie can bring in GK and Marion. At best if Gillespie is hired as a HC, we are looking at 4 maybe 5 years before a bigger program hires him away. I just don't know how much freedom the administration is going to Dickson. That group seems tp be A.R. and enjoys micro-managing.
I think the only way he would have agreed to having the "interim" tag removed was giving him more freedom on personnel decisions. We know he's going to move the needle in the right direction with community engagement and fundraising, but without that ability to make impactful moves within the dept. in terms of personnel, the community engagement and fundraising aspect might be near impossible to achieve. There are probably some donors who want those shoes to drop sooner than later before they start writing 6 and 7 figure checks.

You do realize that Hawaii was WAY lower in total yards and scoring than Tulsa last year, right? interesting that you want the coaches that are alums but do not perform at the same level. Look at our BB staff and that will tell you that alums might not be the way to go.

You do realize that Hawaii was WAY lower in total yards and scoring than Tulsa last year, right? interesting that you want the coaches that are alums but do not perform at the same level. Look at our BB staff and that will tell you that alums might not be the way to go.
They avg. about 380 ypg and that was with 2 real dogs of output in their bowl game in Frisco and in their game at Wyoming. They won more games than they lost, won a bowl game and actually showed pretty well against the 2 best teams in the conference (SJSU and Boise St). Combine this with the fact that this was the 1st year in this offense for this group and it's not too shabby...and we know the challenges of recruiting to the island, especially with the stadium situation. Given the time to grow, they would have been fine on offense. I think you'll see UCF go crazy next year. I think GJ will make Gabriel even more dangerous. I'm glad we don't have to play them.

I think the only way he would have agreed to having the "interim" tag removed was giving him more freedom on personnel decisions. We know he's going to move the needle in the right direction with community engagement and fundraising, but without that ability to make impactful moves within the dept. in terms of personnel, the community engagement and fundraising aspect might be near impossible to achieve. There are probably some donors who want those shoes to drop sooner than later before they start writing 6 and 7 figure checks.
It’s always up to donors to get any upgrades at TU because the administration is cheap ass
cowards since Henry Frnka era .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT