ADVERTISEMENT

Giving Russia a pass?

watu05

I.T.S. Senior
Mar 19, 2021
Given the preoccupation with China in the press and here, one might think the US's only international issues are with China, while Russia is largely ignored. Yet the US's largest meat producer was just hacked by Russians, before that our biggest pipeline wash hacked/shutdown, and just before that a vast portion of our government databases were hacked.
The bi-partisan report from the Senate intelligence committee confirmed intense Russian meddling in the 2016 election which continued into the 2020 election. Russian disinformation efforts continue to this day. Russia is directly opposing US policy in the middle east and is conducting military operations against it's neighbors and US allies.
Why does Russia get a pass while we are so focused on China? That's not to defend, China (although they haven't these things), but to ask why we ignore Russia for direct attacks on our democratic institutions, infrastructure, and businesses which seem more immediate and destructive?

Last edited:
WA I sorta agree. That is Russia and China are Communist Countries. I don't like either one of them. Both kill people who speak out. Both are pushing hard right now to expand in power and if possible area. Both commit atrocities against groups of people.

Russia, however, has done things that China has not. See list above. We can agree to 'not like either' but the press and politicians seem to ignore the damage that Russia continuously inflicts on US companies and our democracy.

Putin returns favor, minimizes attack on Capitol Russians aver rioters were responding to persecution by US government. Putin claims the insurrectionists weren't 'just a crowd of robbers and rioters'
Yeah we know what happens to people coming to Moscow with political demands who are 'persecuted'.

Just more meddling in US politics and elections.

Reactions: watu05
in the 60s, Communist leader Kruchev stated our Democracy was a failure and that one day the Communist would take over our government, without firing a shot.

We are pretty close now. We are so busy fighting ourselves, we cant see the attack from the outside creeping in and undermining the Constitution . censorship of political opponants, increased government reliance, loss of election integrity, government corruption, bait and switch legislation, ,

When we elect Taylor Greene, Stefanik, the squad, etc, the public isn't doing their part to protect the constitution. Their is no more reliance on the government now than their was since the 80's. It hasn't changed since then. The only thing that has changed is your opinion. If there was a virus then, we'd be in the same situation, except we wouldn't have so many nut jobs in congress, or the general public influencing how things are dealt with. And we would have dealt with safety measures better. Election integrity is in your head too. Government corruption is no better or worse than then either.

When we elect Taylor Greene, Stefanik, the squad, etc, the public isn't doing their part to protect the constitution. Their is no more reliance on the government now than their was since the 80's. It hasn't changed since then. The only thing that has changed is your opinion. If there was a virus then, we'd be in the same situation, except we wouldn't have so many nut jobs in congress, or the general public influencing how things are dealt with. And we would have dealt with safety measures better. Election integrity is in your head too. Government corruption is no better or worse than then either.
more reliance for more
welfare etal, aca, extra covid stimulus, Minimum Wage,

Last edited:
more reliance for more
welfare etal, aca, extra covid stimulus, Minimum Wage,
Your opinion has changed because you are older, crotchetier, and influenced by the media.(It wasn't worse when we had nobody broadcasting 24 hour news, and social media.) There is no heavier reliance on the government. Reagan was tellin stories about welfare queens in the 80's.

I can just hear you tellin' yer stories. It used to snow three foot, and we walked barefoot with a t-shirt on to the elementary. You all, and uber to school!!! Geeyosh!!!

Last edited:
you are correct. I am crotchety(according to my grandkids). But I am also Older and Wiser.

The problem is things like the war on poverty have been around for 60 years. I think we have lost that one. It was suppose. to be a short term solution, but more people are on welfare than before. They get on and never get off. Some Democrats in Congress have even called welfare payments, income.

it was four feet of snow, but I had a coat.

in the 60s, Communist leader Kruchev stated our Democracy was a failure and that one day the Communist would take over our government, without firing a shot.

We are pretty close now. We are so busy fighting ourselves, we cant see the attack from the outside creeping in and undermining the Constitution . censorship of political opponants, increased government reliance, loss of election integrity, government corruption, bait and switch legislation, ,
Agree to an extent about in-fighting taking over what is good for the country which goes back to Newt's Contract with America which explicitly placed party loyalty over working across the aisle for the good of the country,. The other items you list are why Trump lost the election. People got tired of corruption, enemies lists, and Trumps fraudulent erosion of faith in our elections. Lack of faith in our elections is one of Russia's primary goals through its election meddling and disinformation, which unfortunately seems to be working.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
WA I sorta agree. That is Russia and China are Communist Countries. I don't like either one of them. Both kill people who speak out. Both are pushing hard right now to expand in power and if possible area. Both commit atrocities against groups of people.
I don't think we can define Russia as communist these days. It's an oligarchy. There is more than one party there, and the government doesn't by law control the means of production, but one party just gets away with continual and evident corruption.

you are correct. I am crotchety(according to my grandkids). But I am also Older and Wiser.

The problem is things like the war on poverty have been around for 60 years. I think we have lost that one. It was suppose. to be a short term solution, but more people are on welfare than before. They get on and never get off. Some Democrats in Congress have even called welfare payments, income.

it was four feet of snow, but I had a coat.
Age does not guarantee wisdom.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Agree to an extent about in-fighting taking over what is good for the country which goes back to Newt's Contract with America which explicitly placed party loyalty over working across the aisle for the good of the country,. The other items you list are why Trump lost the election. People got tired of corruption, enemies lists, and Trumps fraudulent erosion of faith in our elections. Lack of faith in our elections is one of Russia's primary goals through its election meddling and disinformation, which unfortunately seems to be working.
democrat/msm 24/7 anti trump message, fake dossier admitted by the author, bogus investigation as admitted by the investigators, biden scandal swept under the rug, biden campaign rallies couldn't fill a phone booth but he get a record no of votes, kangaroo court impeachment,

A rather silly statement to make.

all his voters were just hiding and watching til the election.
Mr Milk Toast got more votes than BHO? if you believe that, I have a bridge Ill sell to you

statistical anomalies;
a precinct, city, county would;
vote heavy for the republicansc down ballot, but somehow Biden beat trump.

logic would suggest that one vote is not equal to.one voter.

democrat/msm 24/7 anti trump message, fake dossier admitted by the author, bogus investigation as admitted by the investigators, biden scandal swept under the rug, biden campaign rallies couldn't fill a phone booth but he get a record no of votes, kangaroo court impeachment,
Trump's and Putin's BS--hook, line and sinker. No one has come up with info contradicting the Steele dossier, the Mueller Report and the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report both detail Russian meddling and extensive contacts between Trump campaign and Russians, Barr is being excoriated by a federal judge for lying to the public about what Mueller Report says. Even Trump's own security staff have said the election was the safest ever, it's only Trump, Putin, and the gullible who are undermining faith in our democracy.

all his voters were just hiding and watching til the election.
Mr Milk Toast got more votes than BHO? if you believe that, I have a bridge Ill sell to you

statistical anomalies;
a precinct, city, county would;
vote heavy for the republicansc down ballot, but somehow Biden beat trump.

logic would suggest that one vote is not equal to.one voter.
Of course he got more votes than BHO. People were voting against Trump that brought out the vote. It brought out the vote for both sides. Trump was a mania, he had a very fervent base that would follow him anywhere. But just because you have a large Cult of Personality that obsesses over you doesn't mean you win. They weren't enough to beat the votes of 99%+ of democrats, 10% of Republicans, and I'm guessing approx. 65% of Independents.

Besides the campaign was during covid, with almost the entirety of democratic voters out there paying much stricter attention to not being in large crowds than the republican base. One would expect crowds to be diminished for Democrats. I guarantee you, there would have been much larger crowds for his events if that election happened this year or even better next year.

You don't have to have a bunch of big gaudy affairs and have 10,000+ people attend to win over voters. A lot of republicans, in fact probably the majority of republicans that you have supported in your life didn't have massive crowds in attendance for most of their campaign events unless they were a very popular incumbent, and/or an incumbent with a very fervent base. Trump's crowds weren't nearly as big when he wasn't an incumbent.

steele admitted the dossier was made up crap.
there are emails between investigators dated at the start that there was nothing to investigate.

Last edited:
the burden of truth is on the accuser.

i don't have to prove i did not kill Jimmy Hoffa, you have to prove I did.

I say you killed Jimmy Hoffa. Prove you didn't.
My bad, there were in fact some errors in it, but the attack on it centered on its use as one piece (not the only) of evidence to start surveillance of Carter Page. On the scale of things, the Steele memo is in the noise compared to Barr's claim that the Mueller investigation cleared Trump of collusion and Trump's/Meadows/Giuliani's claims about election fraud and voting machines which are truly corrosive to our democracy.

i say you did. prove you didnt.
Then read the Mueller report or the Senate Intelligence Committee bipartisan report for yourself instead of parroting what Barr, Fox and Qanon whipped up for the gullible. There’s more than enough there.

Biden is the man with the Golden Tongue.

Biden to the Queen of the England "You remind me of my mother."

An example of ignoring the threat. What’s next, our power grid?

Ex-Trump Aide Knocks Former President's Failure to 'Pressure' Russia After Hacks

On his first day in office, Biden paused Trumps Executive Order protecting our Power Grids from China and Russia and didn’t ensure protective measures were in place while they reviewed the policy. To this day no new Executive Order or law has been put in place to protect our power grid. Our Oklahoma Legislature publicly called out the new administration over this action.

Open mouth insert foot. I mean, anyone who didn’t expect these kinds of gaffs after listening to him in the primaries, clearly was delusional. He wasn’t my first choice by a long shot, but he was by far the lesser of two weasels.

I’m just glad that he has installed a semi-competent and non-xenophobic, non constantly lying staff. I honestly feel bad for him because I think if he had been elected 20 years ago he wouldn’t have been making these sorts of constant mental errors.

Watched a couple of clips from the G7 round table. Boris Johnson spent half of his time politely correcting or clarify Biden’s remarks. You could tell BJ was very uncomfortable.

Which leads me to my question…who do we believe is really running the White House and dictating US policy? Does Biden finish his term?

He will finish his term unless he dies or makes a mistake on the order of Jan 6.

Maybe his wife is running the White House. Before you discount this, remember Woodrow Wilson after his stroke. Mrs Wilson and "Colonel" House ran things. Mrs. Biden had to leave to watch the Queen cut the cake with a sword.

Last edited:
He will finish his term unless he dies or makes a mistake on the order of Jan 6.

Maybe his wife is running the White House. Before you discount this, remember Woodrow Wilson after his stroke. Mrs Wilson and "Colonel" House ran things. Mrs. Biden had to leave to watch the Queen cut the cake with a sword.
Whoever is running things, they are so far doing a vastly superior job than was being done for the past 4 years. Not the best president ever, but certainly not in the bottom quartile either.

Watched a couple of clips from the G7 round table. Boris Johnson spent half of his time politely correcting or clarify Biden’s remarks. You could tell BJ was very uncomfortable.

Which leads me to my question…who do we believe is really running the White House and dictating US policy? Does Biden finish his term?
Seemed rather innocuous to me. Would you like to compare notes regarding how Trump acted at the G7? (Physically shoving people out of the way so he could get a better photo op)

When it comes to how Russia is being treated by this admin and the last, I would take this administration’s stance every day and twice on Sunday.

Seemed rather innocuous to me. Would you like to compare notes regarding how Trump acted at the G7? (Physically shoving people out of the way so he could get a better photo op)

When it comes to how Russia is being treated by this admin and the last, I would take this administration’s stance every day and twice on Sunday.

Aside for giving approval for the pipeline (a win for Putin), what exactly has this Admin done regarding Russia?

Aside for giving approval for the pipeline (a win for Putin), what exactly has this Admin done regarding Russia?
Oh I don’t know, actually acknowledging publicly that Russia is hacking our infrastructure for monetary gain. Calling Putin out on it publicly. Not saying that Putin is one of our President’s admired buddies.

Regarding the pipeline. Germany is honestly the biggest problem there. They want to buy from Russia instead of importing LNG from the US.

Last edited:
Oh I don’t know, actually acknowledging publicly that Russia is hacking our infrastructure for monetary gain. Calling Putin out on it publicly. Not saying that Putin is one of our President’s admired buddies.

Regarding the pipeline. Germany is honestly the biggest problem there. They want to buy from Russia instead of importing LNG from the US.

Right…but the only actual action that I’m aware is green lighting the pipeline for Russia. I’ve been around far too long to pay attention to what politicians say. I look at what they do and thus far I haven’t seen this Admin do a damn thing regarding Russia other than make them rich.

Reactions: shon46
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT