ADVERTISEMENT

Getting a bit worried

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
That Trump's administration is pushing these pharmaceuticals for a miracle cure before the election. Astrazeneca had a serious side effect in the UK, and their trials have been paused in the US. Pfizer said their trials have resulted in mild to moderate side effects and they're looking to add more trial candidates with stable HIV, Hep B, and Hep C... so it seems like they might be having problems with people who have immunodeficiency. I really hope our government isn't stupid enough to try and ramrod a vaccine that's not ready. I wonder how the antivaxxers of the world are going to respond to this?

That is on my list to worry about.

I don't plan to be the first in line for the shot. Right now I would still be with watch and wait a bit. I'm also not sure that the pharm companies would jump in too soon. Millions of suits could break even the big ones.

Pharma is exempt from lawsuits is these types of situations. Convenient huh.

We’re not going to have widespread vaccinations by the first week of November. Just not enough time. The goal has always been to get them out before peak flu (virus) season due to the increase risk of spread. Any release this winter will be “rushing” it along without the usually trials and precautions. This was always going to be the case. Probably why the number of people willing to get the vaccine is now around 50%. I’m not getting it until it’s proven safer than the virus for my age group :)

Reactions: TUMe
Decent chance we have both a light flu and light rona season anyway, with so many of the vulnerable already having died

Former RNC chairman going off on Trump and his base regarding their attitudes toward the virus. I apologize for it being an MSNBC link, it just made rounds on twitter due to Steele being a prominent Republican.

That Trump's administration is pushing these pharmaceuticals for a miracle cure before the election. Astrazeneca had a serious side effect in the UK, and their trials have been paused in the US. Pfizer said their trials have resulted in mild to moderate side effects and they're looking to add more trial candidates with stable HIV, Hep B, and Hep C... so it seems like they might be having problems with people who have immunodeficiency. I really hope our government isn't stupid enough to try and ramrod a vaccine that's not ready. I wonder how the antivaxxers of the world are going to respond to this?
:) I don’t think I have laughed this hard in a while. First you complain that POTUS didn’t do enough to protect the country from the China virus. Now you complain that POTUS isn’t doing enough to protect the people just in a different way. Look, the reality is that Russia, India, China, and whole host of other countries already fielded a vaccination. The only reason you don’t have your vaccinations already is because it ain’t Bill Gates approved! No worries though, you will get yours very soon!

:) I don’t think I have laughed this hard in a while. First you complain that POTUS didn’t do enough to protect the country from the China virus. Now you complain that POTUS isn’t doing enough to protect the people just in a different way. Look, the reality is that Russia, India, China, and whole host of other countries already fielded a vaccination. The only reason you don’t have your vaccinations already is because it ain’t Bill Gates approved! No worries though, you will get yours very soon!
OK, let's go through this one by one. First, it's not the China virus. Second, I complained that Trump didn't do enough early on which he didn't... rushing through a vaccine isn't better though. My criticism of Trump is that he and his staff don't use science and logic to make decisions, they make decisions based upon what will get him reelected, even if that means people die.

Thirdly, Russia, India, and China have not come up with widespread vaccines Russia has a vaccine that's still in testing between 40K people or so just like our vaccines, and some 14% of patients in the Russian test group have reported side effects.

Why don't you sit in the corner and let the adults talk for a while?

OK, let's go through this one by one. First, it's not the China virus. Second, I complained that Trump didn't do enough early on which he didn't... rushing through a vaccine isn't better though. My criticism of Trump is that he and his staff don't use science and logic to make decisions, they make decisions based upon what will get him reelected, even if that means people die.

Thirdly, Russia, India, and China have not come up with widespread vaccines Russia has a vaccine that's still in testing between 40K people or so just like our vaccines, and some 14% of patients in the Russian test group have reported side effects.

Why don't you sit in the corner and let the adults talk for a while?
Again laughable! You choose not to deny these countries have rolled out a vaccination for the China virus but make the argument that the vaccinations are not widespread and they have side effect..........Either you are the dumbest person in the world and believe the public statistics published from China and Russia or you are perpetrating, pretending, lying as if you actually know! I choose to believe the latter. If that’s the case and you have to intentionally lie to try to make your argument, you have my pity!

You are so dense. Go back to quoting your military service as making you an expert above all others.

Putin doesn't give a crap about killing people, giving them nasty side effects, or putting out a vaccine that doesn't work properly, as long as it get's his economy running after all of this. It's obvious he doesn't care from his constant poisoning of candidates who run against him, and/or diplomats that do things to go against him.

I'm sure Xi Jinping cares equally about those issues, meaning he doesn't care at all. You are in a country who thankfully has the strictest policies relating to the FDA, and CDC. Those policies keep you and the rest of our population protected from people like Trump putting pressure on a vaccine coming out early, just so Trump can get reelected. Trump is stressing those policies because just like Putin and Xi, Trump doesn't give a crap who dies over it, as long as he can get reelected.

Except when you make an extremely dumb remarks, and I can't resist commenting, I am going to ignore your posts now. You've made it extremely evident your belief system has virtually no redeeming qualities, and that you haven't a clue about much of anything. You can't see the forest for all of the conspiracy theories. You think people are dumb/gullible while you are quoting conspiracy theories? The most gullible people in existence are those that buy into numerous conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluegold70
Your comparison about Putin is wrong. Putin absolutely cares about a vaccination bc if his people are too sick to work, the economy cannot recover. You telling me you will ignore my post would hint that you believe your feedback was important to me which you can see is not. This is not kindergarten. I’m not your child. Making these statements are meaningless. We never shared the same viewpoint on the world which is fine by me, the difference between you and I is I never tried to change your view, just point out the other side of the coin!

Your comparison about Putin is wrong. Putin absolutely cares about a vaccination bc if his people are too sick to work, the economy cannot recover. You telling me you will ignore my post would hint that you believe your feedback was important to me which you can see is not. This is not kindergarten. I’m not your child. Making these statements are meaningless. We never shared the same viewpoint on the world which is fine by me, the difference between you and I is I never tried to change your view, just point out the other side of the coin!
You need to work on your reading comprehension. Completely missed the point I was making about Putin.

They called it the Spanish Flu, even though it wasn't from Spain.

The Hong Kong Flu, I believe was from Hong Kong.

Wuhan is in China. Why is it off limits to call it the Chinese Virus? Some say it is from a wet market...in Wuhan. Some say it is from a research facility in Wuhan. Seems to me there is a good chance it is the Wuhan Virus. But why is it politically incorrect to call it the Chinese Virus? Because in an election year, any sign of mitigation is not allowed. Are the Chinese someone we fear to anger? Should the Hong Kong Flu lose that name now that China has occupied them early?

I'm sorry, please go back to feuding.

Last edited:
One can only offend people if one supports the action which offends. Please try to keep up.

They called it the Spanish Flu, even though it wasn't from Spain.

The Hong Kong Flu, I believe was from Hong Kong.

Wuhan is in China. Why is it off limits to call it the Chinese Virus? Some say it is from a wet market...in Wuhan. Some say it is from a research facility in Wuhan. Seems to me there is a good chance it is the Wuhan Virus. But why is it politically incorrect to call it the Chinese Virus? Because in an election year, any sign of mitigation is not allowed. Are the Chinese someone we fear to anger? Should the Hong Kong Flu lose that name now that China has occupied them early?

I'm sorry, please go back to feuding.
Because we don't live in the early 19th century when racism was more rampant than it was today and we actually have a knowledge of viruses and the things that make them distinctive rather than the place where they were first noticed in. They didn't call HIV the "AMERICA VIRUS" even though it came to prominence in the US. (Yes, we subsequently learned it was in other places prior, but that's the same for the Spanish Flu)

Show a little class and a little brain and call it Covid like the medical industry does.

Can we squint our eyes when we type/say cov(ī ī ī)d v ī lus???

Last edited:
Because we don't live in the early 19th century when racism was more rampant than it was today and we actually have a knowledge of viruses and the things that make them distinctive rather than the place where they were first noticed in. They didn't call HIV the "AMERICA VIRUS" even though it came to prominence in the US. (Yes, we subsequently learned it was in other places prior, but that's the same for the Spanish Flu)

Show a little class and a little brain and call it Covid like the medical industry does.
Let me help you. If you are looking for something to add to list of things Trump should be blamed for, one of the big ones is trusting Xi. That is not racist, it is self interest to not trust someone whose long term goal is to replace us as the world's major power. You like to talk about Hitler. It is not racist to be anti-Nazi. Modern Germany is a good country...I'm around a quarter German. The Chinese are good people. You might compare Communist China to Nazi Germany. I went to my Allergist three days ago. He is Chinese and very good. I have hired people from Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand.

Perhaps the reason some of the most militant liberals are so guarded about what they say about China is that they align well with their own views. Not the views of the man in the street in China...who have to watch what they say...but those of the leadership. Talk about watching what you say, now it is "racist" to say that a virus from China is a Chinese Virus.

Really the early 19th Century? Did Jefferson coin the term Spanish Flu.

Latest from our buddy Fauci

I said it before and I thinks it’s worth repeating. The US and for that matter world scientific communities do not agree. This information was purposefully leaked.

Just saw a video that Shon posted to reddit about his results after receiving the Russian vaccination

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT