ADVERTISEMENT

GAMES OF INTEREST (12.8.19) WITH RPI

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
We went 6-8 on the GOI yesterday. We had a shocking loss to Arkansas State as well as a few other surprises.

I run an Uber on the weekends so sometimes I have to watch the replay of some games. I read the some of the Game thread. I know after we lose we got to push out our hatred for losing so we start blaming folks, I do that as well. I could find some blame in the play calling a few times but Arkansas State was throwing up balls that no one in their right mind would throw and they were going in. I will also say that my man J-money did not intend to foul that player at that time. Game is over and its only our second loss. The only issue is that UT Arlington is falling fast as they are 4-6 right now so that will go down as a bad loss for us. We will be fine with those losses. Our OOC schedule would never get us in postseason if we die in Conference play. We still have 4 good teams to play before we go into Conference play and I like our chances at every game we have on our schedule except for stupid Memphis. I really loathe Memphis.

For yesterdays games

Arkansas Lost to Western Kentucky who is 7-3 in Overtime. Arkansas had better percentages than Western Kentucky. Sometimes we just lose games because we are meant to lose them.

Colorado State lost to Boise State in Boise so I was kinda conflicted on that. lol

Kansas State lost to Marquette

The other games went pretty much how I thought they would go.

This will also be the last day that I post with the RPI as the NET comes out a week from tomorrow. The rest will be posted with the NET. We play Boise State and Arkansas before the NET comes out. So I believe it will be a Q2 and a Q1 game for us respectively.

In todays games the one to watch is the Wichita State at Oklahoma State game. Also Tulane plays Saint Louis in a in season tournament in Phoenix.

Other than those games I will be watching the CFP seedings for bowl games.

Boise State (70)
Arkansas (15)
Colorado State (104)
Kansas State (191)

Todays games

Haskell (NAIA) at Oral Roberts (192)
Houston (139) at South Carolina (154)
Tulane (200) vs Saint Louis (89) at Phoenix
Wichita State (91) at Oklahoma State (27)

RPI Rankings
Temple (29) Down 14
Cincinnati (30) Up 12
Memphis (39) Up 22
UConn (67) Down 4
Wichita St (91) Down 15
UCF (99) Down 8
Houston (139) Down 20
SMU (202) Down 38
Tulane (200) Up 11
Tulsa (222) Down 12
South FL. (258) Up 5
ECU (299) Up 12

ORU demolishes Haskell which they should have by 40.

saint Louis took apar Tulane.
My father in law says people who follow college basketball in StL and aren't Mizzou fans are pretty excited for the direction Travis Ford has SLU moving.They're a nice team and have some nice parts.

I have a feeling Wichita State is going to work their way into conference title and NCAA sweet 16 convos. Marshall has done a really good job of rebuilding after losing some key players the last couple of years. That result got OU's attention as they play Wichita State next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT