ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.7 - 11.10) Oregon State

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAMEDAY!!!

Welcome back to basketball Season. Almost every team on our schedule or teams that we might play at Myrtle Beach are playing today. Tulsa is the last team to play of the evening. We have an 11 a.m. game today where Mississippi Valley State will be schellacked by Baylor lol. These extra teams will stay on here until Myrtle beach when the teams we don’t play will be removed at the end.

A couple of Rules that I will be having for the GOI this year.
  • There will always be a new Post with TU Men’s Basketball Games Only. I am not discounting the women as I have them on here but this thread follows more closely to the Men then the women.
  • The only other time that a new post will be made is if there are more than 5 games that day that are not Tulsa. Other than that the post will cover multiple days.
  • I will be adding the “Q” records with the teams once the NET comes out in hopefully December. They could push it to January but with conference play coming up at the end of December I am sure that it will go up before Christmas.
  • This is just a voluntary thing that I do as I just get way too much into this but I might not get it up “in time” Its ok. Lol. Gmoney and TU1978 will be ok. Lol.
  • I will be bringing back the “And 1” again this year. I wont have it today because I have had a lot going on personally.
  • I reserve the right to add more as I go along because I am old and Salty. Lol
Todays Games!!!

Tulsa Women’s Team breaks out the Reynolds center with a game against Alcorn State. They were voted 4th in the preseason poll. Maddie Bittle and Maya Mayberry along with breakout star Sophomore Temira Poindexter look to add on to the success they had last year and hopefully making the NCAA tounrnament after their second round 75 overtime game against Wyoming last year. That game had to have been like 9 hours long. Lol. I am embellishing but it was a serious contest that night. They host Alcorn State at 6:30 p.m. If your in town and you need something to do head down to the Reynolds Center and show your support. The tickets are 5 bucks and I am sure they will provide some entertainment.

Tulsa Men’s team travel to Corvallis to take on the Oregon State Beavers. This is a return game from last year in which the Golden Hurricane edged out OSU 64-58 in Tulsa. GMoney has put out a lot of stats and figures about the Oregon State team. This will also be the first official match of the Konkol Era. Team is led by Sam Griffin and Anthony Pritchard. Returners Tim Dalger, SGC and Special K hopefully take a step forward and up their game. We have added Jr. guard Brandon Betson from Chicago state as well as Freshman Jesaiah McWright and Charles Chukwu. I am excited to see this game on replay as I will be sleeping while they are playing. Lol

There are a ton of games that are being played and a lot you can get your basketball fix on.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Mississippi Val.355atBaylor411:00 a.m.BIG12/ ESPN+
Wagner135atTemple1116:00 p.m.ESPN+
Chaminade#N/AatCincinnati996:00 p.m.ESPN+
Jackson St.277atAbilene Christian1237:00 p.m.ESPN+
Northern Colo.205atHouston37:00 p.m.ESPN+
Central Ark.318atWichita St.877:00 p.m.ESPN+
Memphis31atVanderbilt667:00 p.m.ESPN+/ SEC
UNC Asheville222atUCF1017:00 p.m.ESPN+
Southeast MO. St.246atSouth Fla.2457:00 p.m.ESPN+
A&M-Commerce#N/AatSMU447:30 p.m.ESPN+
UMBC235atTulane987:30 p.m.ESPN+
Fairleigh Dickinson348atLoyola Chicago238:00 p.m.ESPN+
UT Arlington234atOklahoma St.518:00 p.m.BIG12/ ESPN+
Oral Roberts155atSaint Mary's (CA)199:00 p.m.WCC Network
Life Pacific#N/AatLMU (CA)2089:00 p.m.WCC Network
Tulsa181atOregon St.25211:00 p.m.PAC-12 Orego

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)

Coppin St.301atCharlotte1885:00 p.m.ESPN+
Lynn University#N/AatFla. Atlantic1316:00 p.m.C-USATV
Alabama St.314atUAB466:30 p.m.C-USATV
Central Conn. St.345atMassachusetts1786:30 p.m.ESPN+
Southern Nazarene#N/AatNorth Texas477:00 p.m.Youtube
Trinity#N/AatUTSA3267:00 p.m.C-USATV
Murray St.21atSaint Louis637:00 p.m.ESPN+
ULM275atTexas A&M427:00 p.m.ESPN+/SEC
UC Riverside163atColorado707:30 p.m.PAC12 Mount
Rice217atPepperdine2829:00 p.m.WCC Network
Tulsa Women
Alcorn St.353AtTulsa1086:30 p.m.ESPN+

Rankings

RankTrendTeamRecordRankTrendTeamRecord
3EvenHoustonOral Roberts
41EvenMemphisOklahoma St.
50EvenSMUDetroit Mercy
81EvenWichita St.Loyola Chicago
92EvenUCFOregon St.
97EvenTulaneLMU (CA)
100EvenCincinnatiJackson St.
115EvenTempleMiss. Val. St.
180EvenEast CarolinaCharlotte ?
189EvenTulsa30EvenBoise St. ?
240EvenSouth Fla.Colorado
UMASS
Murray St.
Texas A&M

Expansion teams

RankTrendTeamRecord
38North Texas
54UAB
136Fla. Atlantic
186Charlotte
206Rice
332UTSA

We have added Jr. guard Brandon Betson from Chicago state as well as Freshman Jesaiah McWright and Charles Chukwu. I am excited to see this game on replay as I will be sleeping while they are playing. Lol

There are a ton of games that are being played and a lot you can get your basketball fix on.

GO TU!!!!
BB Knight & Bryant Selebangue also.

Last edited:
Meanwhile one of the favorites to win it all, the #3 Houston Cougars will be facing Northern Colorado in front of a soldout crowd at The Fertitta Center.

You poor thing. All that driving around the sh#t hole known as Houston to your crappy little commuter school has given you the sads.

I see a soldout crowd watching the #3 team in the country tonight while there will only be crickets at the Tulsa game when they have their home opener.

Meanwhile one of the favorites to win it all, the #3 Houston Cougars will be facing Northern Colorado in front of a soldout crowd at The Fertitta Center.
Would be pretty sad if the #3 team in the nation didn’t sell out all their games… so congratulations?

Charlotte vs Coppin State is on ESPN+ at 5 p.m. We will either face them or Boise State in the second game of the Myrtle Beach Invitational.

Reactions: nevadanatural
Well Monday night did not see us leave Corvallis with a win but it did give us a good look at the team. There are things that need to be fixed but it undoubtedly looks like a different team. The TU Men don’t play again until Saturday for the home opener against Jackson State.

The TU Women did get out to a good start with a blistering 82-33 beat down of Alcorn State. The ladies are in action again tonight at the Reynolds Center as they host San Jose State. This is San Jose States first regular season game. They did play an exhibition game against Cal State Monterey Bay and beat them 81-43. This should be another tune up game before they travel to Fayetteville to take on Arkansas. Their schedule has greatly improved from last season.

There are 6 games tonight. 4 in the GOI and 2 in the Others. We also have the TU Football team traveling to Memphis.

If you can get out to watch the Women play. The tickets are cheap and I am sure they would love the support.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

Southern Ill.136atOklahoma St.517:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN+
Central Mich.316atMarquette437:00 p.m.FS2
Cleveland St.182atCincinnati997:00 p.m.ESPN+
UC Riverside163atLMU (CA)2089:00 p.m.WCC Network

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)

Towson72atMassachusetts1786:00 p.m.ESPN+
ST. Thomas (TX)#N/AatRice2175:00 p.m.CUSA Net
Tulsa Women
San Jose St.328atTulsa1086:30 p.m.ESPN+

Thompson missed 5 out of 6 free throws????????

Cisse is a monster on the boards (15) but struggles at the line. Boone should have transferred with his brother.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT