ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.25.20 - 11.27.20) COVID-19 Edition

I watched a little of ORU/Mizzou and HBU/TCU but it’s tough to tell anything from these early games.
TCU was all over HBU but we’re obviously better than HBU. Honestly from the bits I watched ORU
looked better than TCU.
Yeah, Nevada...BUT so much depends on who you are playing.....TCU plays gritty BB....They don't
always win, but strong on effort.....

Our game against them will depend on play from two positions; PG and the 5 (sounds like a do-wah
group)....We look to be so solid elsewhere......Joiner will be Joiner, and here's hoping that Williams
comes along quickly....Should be a good game, unless Haith reverts to his early season M.O. of playing
everyone except the ball boy too much, especially in the first half.....

Yeah, Nevada...BUT so much depends on who you are playing.....TCU plays gritty BB....They don't
always win, but strong on effort.....

Our game against them will depend on play from two positions; PG and the 5 (sounds like a do-wah
group)....We look to be so solid elsewhere......Joiner will be Joiner, and here's hoping that Williams
comes along quickly....Should be a good game, unless Haith reverts to his early season M.O. of playing
everyone except the ball boy too much, especially in the first half.....
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t play a ton of people. Too many good players at certain positions and not enough at others.

He will play a bunch of folks. If he would just substitute one or two at a time, rather than do whole line changes, I could see.

Here’s another thing I have never understood: How pulling basically your starting lineup at the 16:00 timeout of the first half for 4 minutes, will somehow make them better rested at the end of the game.

You Rang?

Let's see who's old enough to get that one.
tenor.gif

UPDATE #2
East Carolina who dropped out of the Gulf Coast Showcase has been invited to Charlotte to play in an impromptu 3 team tip off classic hosted by Charlotte. Charlotte list games when the volunteer classic was cancelled by Tennessee. The third team in this is Belmont.

VCU, who also lost games from the volunteer classic, was able to fly in last minute when Wichita State was dropped from the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic to play Utah State and beat them pretty good ended up losing to #15 West Virginia. They will play Memphis this evening in the third place game from this classic. This should be a really good game. Unfortunately, I do think VCU will take this game.

November 27

Boise St. at Houston 2:00 p.m. ESPN+
UT Arlington at Louisiana Tech 6:30 p.m.
Lamar University at Tulane 1:00 p.m. ESPN+
East Carolina vs Charlotte 2:00 p.m.
VCU vs Memphis 8:00 p.m. ESPN 2

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Dockery-Finch board ....
Stansbury Schooled Penny
Embarrassing

Yeah the announcers were a lil shocked at first but them it became glaring and they dug right in.

Memphis should have been dragging Bassey into the high post and then gone tall to tall to pass in the low post. Cisse did it once and Memphis offense hit a good rhythm before a dumb spinning jumpshot took them back to hero ball.

Penny is a great recruiter and has a decent game plan if very basic, but he can not make an in game adjustment to save his life. If you can get their young players off balance or out of their game it's easy pickins.

Freshman Mike Miles, TCU Earned a four-star rating by Rivals… The 114th-ranked prospect in the class of 2020 and the 27th-best point guard by Rivals… Named SportsDay’s All-Area Boys Basketball Player of the Year by the Dallas Morning News… Named 5A Player of the Year by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches… Named the USA Today Boys Basketball Player of the Year in Dallas… Led Lancaster High School to the state tournament and it ended the season as the top-ranked 5A team with a record of 36-1 (12-0 in district)… Averaged 21.4 points, four rebounds, four assists and three steals as a senior during the 2019-20 season…

I liked Rod Thompson as a TU player & really like him today. I’m sure Bryce is a good kid, but I have no desire to follow the career of a local player who didn’t choose TU.

Reactions: drboobay
UPDATE #2
East Carolina who dropped out of the Gulf Coast Showcase has been invited to Charlotte to play in an impromptu 3 team tip off classic hosted by Charlotte. Charlotte list games when the volunteer classic was cancelled by Tennessee. The third team in this is Belmont.

VCU, who also lost games from the volunteer classic, was able to fly in last minute when Wichita State was dropped from the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic to play Utah State and beat them pretty good ended up losing to #15 West Virginia. They will play Memphis this evening in the third place game from this classic. This should be a really good game. Unfortunately, I do think VCU will take this game.

November 27

Boise St. at Houston 2:00 p.m. ESPN+
UT Arlington at Louisiana Tech 6:30 p.m.
Lamar University at Tulane 1:00 p.m. ESPN+
East Carolina vs Charlotte 2:00 p.m.
VCU vs Memphis 8:00 p.m. ESPN 2
Tulane up by 10 on Lamar 1:20 left in the game
Houston up big on Boise state
ECU and Charlotte in a close game starting the 2nd half

Even though Memphis is my least favorite team, we need them to win a few. Maybe their coach will eventually improve his in-game adjustments..........so far he is in Wojcik-land in that category.
They are getting out coached right now against VCU... so much talent.... so little coaching...

Penny's buyout + Pastner's buyout + Tubby's buyout = the cost of the Fed-X Forum. They will never be happy unless Calipari returns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT