ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.23.22)

Henry Kendall

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
With apologies to loca…..

In the fwiw department, Detroit Mercy just kicked the crap out of Charlotte 70-49, who just handled us easily.

We play Detroit Dec 7.

Reactions: loca2874
Jackson St. loses at Michigan by 10. Lead was as low as 6 with under a minute left

In the fwiw department, Detroit Mercy just kicked the crap out of Charlotte 70-49, who just handled us easily.

We play Detroit Dec 7.
I wouldn't say they handled us easily. We only lost by 3 pts. And they also followed up our game with tough game against umass, who won the tourney. The only way you could make any claims, would be to say the whole tourney field sucked. I don't think that's the case. The only team that handled us was Murray St. And we were shorthanded against them.

The three point shot and momentum will cause some crazy scores this year. We may beat some really good teams and lose to lesser teams if our shooting is off. With limited inside scoring, we are so dependent on outside shots falling.

Reactions: drboobay
Who else seen that might Frank Haith defense just get beat at the buzzer on a 3 to Seton Hall?

We play Detroit Dec 7.
No apologies mecessary. I got home with a whole lot of people that dont live here affecting the areas of my living.

They did not handle us easily by no means. They did get a good jump on us early with their very good passing and hitting the slasher in the lane. We beat them in the second half and could have won the game. Sam had a great look at the three pointer to tie it up if not for a great block by the Charlotte player. Detroit Mercy is not a slouch. They will come for us hard. We need to be ready or they will run us out of the building.

Who else seen that might Frank Haith defense just get beat at the buzzer on a 3 to Seton Hall?
Memphis missed 2 free throws with 9 seconds left then SH banks in a 3-pointer high off the backboard as time expired. You can blame Haith for a lot of this but I don’t think losing this game is on him. At least it wasn’t a corner 3. Lol.

Memphis missed 2 free throws with 9 seconds left then SH banks in a 3-pointer high off the backboard as time expired. You can blame Haith for a lot of this but I don’t think losing this game is on him. At least it wasn’t a corner 3. Lol.

Memphis defense was terrible on the last play. Not sure Haith is in charge of this defense but Samuel's man completely lost track of him to allow the easy throw in and wide open shot. Not a pretty shot but wide open.

Reactions: Henry Kendall

Maybe not but that last sequence of events screams a Frank Haith team lol

Memphis will probably take us to the woodshed due to our short and thin interior but even with adding Davis they don’t appear to be a good shooting team. If we can guard them tight and shut off the drives we might have a shot even with the interior issues.

Wow the defense on that play felt like deja vu all over again.

At 2-2, Memphis appears to once again be less than the sum of its parts. How long will Penny be able to continue this? They remind me of Texas football in the past…top recruiting classes, disappointing results.

Top 10 recruiting class each year but miss out on the NCAA Tournament or are barely in. Even Haith and Wojcik would do better than that if they had a top 10 recruiting class each year.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT