ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.20.22) Murray State

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS GAMEDAY!!!

Today is the last day of the Myrtle Beach Invitational and there has been some great games to be at. I have been happy for the most part with how we have played so far. I look forward to the next tournament.

Speaking of tournaments we have several teams in 6 different tournaments this week. There will be a separate post for those tournaments after today. All of those will be on one post through Thanksgiving. Tulsa will play on Black Friday against Oklahoma State.

We do have a big schedule on Tap today and it starts with Tulsa in the Third Place game playing at 9:30 in the morning. Lord that is early. That game will be followed up by the Championship game at noon between Charlotte and Masschusetts. Loyola Chicago and Texas A&M will be playing for 7th place at 3:30. Our next opponent will be playing DePaul in the Baha Mar tournament as will UCF.

Most competitive game will probably be the VCU at Memphis game at 4 p.m. The nightcap will have Houston traveling to Oregon. Both should be good games.

And One

The World Cup starts today with the first game between Qatar and Ecuador at 7:00 a.m. USA plays Whales at 1:00 p.m. Monday. Lets hope we have a good showing. This is a great time of year. Football, Basketball and World Cup. I am going to be very busy. lol

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

TeamRating TeamRatingTimeTV
Murray St.21vsTulsa1819:30 a.m.ESPNU
Massachusetts178vsCharlotte18812:00 p.m.ESPN2
Wake Forest48vsLMU (CA)2081:30 p.m.
Texas A&M42vsLoyola Chicago233:30 p.m.ESPN+
DePaul103vsOklahoma St.513:30 p.m.CBSSN
VCU56atMemphis314:00 p.m.ESPN+
Santa Clara67vsUCF1016:00 p.m.CBSSN
Jackson St.277atLittle Rock3156:30 p.m.ESPN+
Texas A&M42vsLoyola Chicago233:30 p.m.ESPN+
Houston3atOregon768:30 p.m.ESPN

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)
TeamRating TeamRatingTimeTV
Tulsa Women
Oral Roberts204atTulsa1081:00 p.m.ESPN+

Tim Dalger is not in uniform today. He was out in black warmups for the shoot around. That’s going to leave us really thin on the front line.

So far these are the results

UMass over Charlotte 60-54
Memphis over VCU 62-47
LMU over wake forest 77-75 in overtime
Oklahoma state over DePaul 82-78

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Jackson state is up on Yooler 36-22 with 4 left in the first

Missouri up 35-30 on MVS

UCF up on Santa Clara 19-13 with 3 left in the first

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Now can they do something about radio reception in the arena. That shouldn't be that difficult! 😉
If you have Wi-Fi then use the radio app on your smartphone. Problem solved.

Radio is pushing you toward this as broadcast stations, particularly AM, are being phased out due to the high noise floor for listening.

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874 and t.town
What kind of bandwidth did they install. Invite a few thousand user to your home Wi-Fi and let me know how that works.

If you have Wi-Fi then use the radio app on your smartphone. Problem solved.

Radio is pushing you toward this as broadcast stations, particularly AM, are being phased out due to the high noise floor for listening.
Wi Fi radio and radio broadcast are not always synced the same. So problem not really solved.

Enterprise level wifi, if done correctly, can handle as many connections as you to build it to assuming you have adequate bandwidth on the backend.

That said, I would never connect to a public WiFi.

For radio, they may have to get FCC and/or Learfield licensing to broadcast a signal in there. I’m not 100% sure on that.

There may be radio signal boosters they could still on the roof and in the ceiling to help the 99.5 signal too.

Enterprise level wifi, if done correctly, can handle as many connections as you to build it to assuming you have adequate bandwidth on the backend.

That said, I would never connect to a public WiFi.
Only if I'm connected to my VPN. Yes, I'm such a nerd that I have a VPN on my home network.

Though that only slightly furthers the delay in hearing the radio broadcast while in the arena.

Based on your comment, @Weatherdemon, I'm guessing you work in IT?

Only if I'm connected to my VPN. Yes, I'm such a nerd that I have a VPN on my home network.

Though that only slightly furthers the delay in hearing the radio broadcast while in the arena.

You two are nerds, as was I back in the day. All nerds unite. It’s been so long for me that I get my advice from Chris. I guess he’s a nerd too.

Yep.
Officially since 97.
Became a secondary part of my job at Children’s Medical Center and Shadow Mountain starting in 94.
Damn I’m getting old, lol!

VPN apps are available for most smartphones. I like Nord VPN because I can protect multiple devices. I can also watch broadcasts that are not necessarily available in Europe by use of the VPN.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Good stuff, but needs a better name than TU Gameday. Maybe "Rout You Like a Hurricane"? "Eric Coley Will Steal Your Password"? "Our Firewall Was Built With Jeryl Sasser's Bricks"?
The Milkman returneth?
Halt and Catch Water
Blue Hairs can't remember
Basalts you like a hurricane

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT