ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.18.22 - 11.19.22) Charlotte

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
ITS Game Day!!!

That was an absolutely great game and I got my voice back from screaming at the top of my lungs last night. The Drunk Massachusetts guy was screaming as well. It was great fun. Thought a couple times Nevada was going to knock the guysbeer over lol. IT was tremendous. All of the teams in the tournament except for Tulsa had a decent fan following yesterday. I believe I was the only fan under 60 there for Tulsa.

Tonight we play Charlotte. This is a preview of next years conference game match up. I am happy Charlotte is coming to the AAC because that will get me another game to go to with me on the East Coast. Murray St. and Massachusetts are the game previous to TU and will set up the Championship game Sunday afternoon.

We have a few tourneys starting. UCF and OSU face off in the Bahamas at the Baha Mar. Georgetown and LMU face off in Montego Bay, Jamaica in the Jamaican Classic

Temple faces Rutgers at the Mohegan Sun for the Basketball Hall of Fame Showcase.

Great games today but I will be at the HTC center getting my Myrtle Beach on.

Tulsa Football plays at 8:00 p.m. on ESPN2. That is all I will say on that.

And One

When Nevada and I got to the arena yesterday we went to the concession stand and the guy behind the counter said “You guys came from Oklahoma?” We told him that we didn’t and he had a puzzled look on his face. I told him we were from the Tulsa area but he lives in Nevada and I live in Virginia. Then that afternoon I got to have a short conversation with Coach Conroy and Coach Haymond. Great times. Let get another win.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

TeamRating TeamRatingTimeTV
Georgetown194vsLMU (CA)2083:30 p.m.CBSSN
Rutgers77vsTemple1114:00 p.m.ESPNU
Charlotte188vsTulsa1816:00 p.m.ESPNU
UCF101vsOklahoma St.516:00 p.m.CBSSN
North Ala.317atMississippi Val.3557:00 p.m.
Boise St.29vsLoyola Chicago238:30 p.m.ESPN+

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)
Massachusetts 178vsMurray St.211:30 p.m.ESPN2

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Number 11 for Colorado is Javon Ruffin. When I saw the name I thought of Michael Ruffin. I pulled up this young man’s bio and sure enough he is the son of TU’s Michael Ruffin
I didn’t realize Ruffin had kids. He was THE player that made me fall in love with basketball and more specifically TU athletics.

I remember going to a game at the convention center, either 97 or 98, and he was who stood out the most to me in the game. Then afterward all of the players sat at a long row of tables and signed autographs. Of course, I got his autograph and he told me about his pet snake.

Been a diehard fan ever sense.

Reactions: loca2874
Number 11 for Colorado is Javon Ruffin. When I saw the name I thought of Michael Ruffin. I pulled up this young man’s bio and sure enough he is the son of TU’s Michael Ruffin
How the hell did we not recruit him...or at least try. Dude currently has 14 points off the bench for Colorado and Colorado is absolutely hammering A&M. Folks will claim A&M doesn't care b/c it's a consolation game but you should have heard the guys on ESPM at half time yesterday railing on A&M and throwing early season games away as being the reason they didn't make the NCAA tournament last year. At one point they had an 8 game losing streak and the analysts were like "All these games matter and teams need to approach them that way"

How the hell did we not recruit him...or at least try. Dude currently has 14 points off the bench for Colorado and Colorado is absolutely hammering A&M. Folks will claim A&M doesn't care b/c it's a consolation game but you should have heard the guys on ESPM at half time yesterday railing on A&M and throwing early season games away as being the reason they didn't make the NCAA tournament last year. At one point they had an 8 game losing streak and the analysts were like "All these games matter and teams need to approach them that way"
Good question! Michael Ruffin is a native of Denver and I guess Javon wanted to stay close to home and play for Colorado. I am also sure that the previous administration wasn’t monitoring previous athletes offspring lol

Reactions: TU 1978
Good question! Michael Ruffin is a native of Denver and I guess Javon wanted to stay close to home and play for Colorado. I am also sure that the previous administration wasn’t monitoring previous athletes offspring lol
You would think we might. A legacy of one of the all time greats at TU who had a long NBA career and is now coaching in the NBA. Um, I would think that's exactly who we'd try to recruit. And not only is his dad a TU alum, his mom is as well. And he's playing decent minutes as a FR. I wonder if Konkol recruited him to LaTech at all since his home town is listed as New Orleans.

28-14 Temple over Rutgers 6 minutes left in the first half. We’ll see if they hold on

LMU beat Georgetown in Jamaica 84-66
Temple beat Rutgers at the Mohegan Sun 72-66
UCF over Oklahoma state in overtime 60-56
Mississippi valley state over north Alabama 76-68

That loss to Charlotte was heartbreaking as we had plenty of chances to win that game or at least take it to overtime. Those traps cost us big in this game and almost cost us in the Loyola game. That said I do see a lot of improvement in the team and see halftime adjustments are making a difference. We need Nakita back as Selebangue is tired. Hopefully this day of rest will get him going again against a good Murray State team.

I want to root for Charlotte in the finals but their fan base is trash and I owe it to my new drunk UMASS friends who went all out both games cheering for Tulsa.

Today we have a small slate of games

Detroit Mercy is in Boca Raton to play future AAC member FAU in the Paradise Invitational. Western Michigan is at Rice for the Owl Invitational also.

Other main game, Portland St. is at Oregon State in the nightcap.

And One

It was posted this morning by David Warlock that the NET for this season will be out December 5. So the NET numbers you see are from the old NET. I will let you know when the new NET comes out on a separate post.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

TeamRating TeamRatingTimeTV
Evansville323atSMU442:00 p.m.ESPN+
Fla. Atlantic131vsDetroit Mercy2315:00 p.m.
Oklahoma Baptist#N/AatOral Roberts1557:00 p.m.ORUSN
Portland St.270atOregon St.2529:00 p.m.PAC12 Oregon

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)
Fresno St.73atNorth Texas475:00 p.m.ESPN+
Western Mich.328atRice2175:00 p.m.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
SMU over Evansville 55-47

FAU is up on Detroit mercy with 9 min left 57-31
Western Michigan up on Rice with 8 left in game 68-64

North Texas is up on Fresno state 48-39 in the second

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT