ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.12.21)

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
We have several Games today. I forgot to track the potential teams we will face in the Sunshine Slam so I have them listed at the bottom. Boston College plays today and Utah plays tomorrow so they will be on tomorrows post. There was one game yesterday and that was Air Force and South Dakota and that game hurt your brain to watch as it was god awful. South Dakota came out with a 59-53 win.

I want to make sure it is known if others didn’t see this listed in the last GOI or are not on twitter that every team in the American won their opening game. All of the new additions except for FAU won as well. FAU lost 99-92 to New Mexico.

Little Rock is playing Champion Christian College out of the NCCAA. Oral Roberts is hosting Southwestern Christian University out of the NCCAA as well. Neither of these teams played very well in their openers so these should be good tune up games for Little Rock and Oral Roberts to further evaluate their benches.

Houston is taking on cross tow rival Rice after coming off that big scare from Hofstra. Rice put down Pepperdine 82-63 on Tuesday. Houston needs to be ready because you know Rice has been preparing all season for this game. I am sure Sampson had plenty to say to the guys after that Hofstra game, lets see if it worked.. SMU is traveling to Eugene to take on #13 Oregon who clearly handled Texas Southern on Tuesday. This will be a big game for SMU.

Tulsa plays Air Force tomorrow; however, their Monday opponent, before they head to Daytona Beach plays today. Oregon State travels to Ames to take on Iowa State at 7:00 p.m. Central. I most definitely will be watching that game. Oregon State slid by Portland State 73-64 after Portland State had a 32-28 halftime lead.

Here is the schedule of todays games.

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Bryant144atRhode Island1125:00 p.m.ESPN +
Canisius208atEast Carolina1756:00 p.m.ESPN +
Champion Christian#N/AatLittle Rock2216:30 p.m.ESPN +
Southwestern Christian#N/AatOral Roberts1257:00 p.m.
Oregon St.50atIowa St.2247:00 p.m.BIG12/ESPN +
Rice181at#15 Houston57:00 p.m.ESPN +
Austin Peay248atSouthern Ill.2077:00 p.m.ESPN +
Ark.-Pine Bluff342atColorado St.639:00 p.m.
SMU59at#13 Oregon2410:00 p.m.PAC12
Teams We might play​
Holy CrossAtBoston College6:00 p.m.ACC/ESPN +

Reactions: TU 1978 and alchemy
Bryant hit a 3 at the end of the first half to go in tied with Rhode Island 37-37. Rhode Island is shooting 50 percent from the field but their 3 point shooting is not good and their Free throws are at 60 percent. Bryant’s percentages are lower because they are taking more shots.

Rhode Island won 83-64 over Bryant.

Boston college up over 30 to Holy Cross
ECU up by 20 on canisius
Little Rock up over 30 on Champion Christian

Not future opponents but Oakland is leading OSU at the half, Texas State is leading LSU at the half and Incarnate Word is leading Baylor early. We might see some upsets tonight.

Not future opponents but Oakland is leading OSU at the half, Texas State is leading LSU at the half and Incarnate Word is leading Baylor early. We might see some upsets tonight.
I was just about to post about the OSU game.the Peay is up on Southern Illinois also

Keyshawn Williams has 21 tonight for N. Illinois against Indiana. They’re getting blown out though

Reactions: loca2874
Makhi Mitchell tallied 13 points and 18 rebounds to lead Rhode Island to an 83-64 win over Bryant on Friday night. What will he do to us? Our whole team might not get 18 rebounds.

Reactions: loca2874
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT