ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest (11.11.22) Veterans Day!!!!

loca2874

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Jan 23, 2008
Stafford, VA
Happy Veterans Day!

Unlike Memorial Day, today is a day to thank veterans for their service. There are people that do not believe in thanking veterans for their service and that is ok. This is the country thanking veterans. As a veteran I do not seek recognition and when I get it I feel weird about it. Its doing a job for me and that is what I did. There is a little extra that comes with it and that we must deal with on our own by getting the assistance that we need. All of us, me included, have had our lives affected because of a veteran. I pass by Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon every day that I go into work. I pass by the Air Force Memorial and The Museum of the Marine Corps every day.

I served in the Marines for just over 9 years and had 3 deployments with them into Iraq and Africa. I still have not set foot in the Museum as I have not become ok with it yet. I was medically retired due to PTSD, Severe Anxiety and Morbid Depression. Doing things like this post each year helps me center myself and gives me a purpose to express myself in different ways. I know you didn’t ask to hear this and its ok because its my post. Lol. I am just one of many of the veterans that have stories. IF you are a veteran then thank you for your service. I challenge all of you and I ask that you challenge others to seek out a veteran and let them tell you their story. Some of the older ones just want someone to talk to.

Now on to basketball!!

The Tulsa Women move to 2-0 as they dismantled San Jose State last night and have a date with Arkansas on the 14th. This team has improved from last season from the looks of it so far and this game will be a good check on how far they have come. Coach Nelp is doing a fantastic job. I am not a big Womens basketball fan because a lot of games just seem disjointed. I do find myself watching this team. Remember tickets are like 5 bucks and would be a good time for a family event at the Reynolds center. So there is that.

Cincinnati had to hold off Cleveland State who just would not go away. Oklahoma State did not have such luck as they lost it at the end at home to Southern Illinois.

Marquette destroyed Central Michigan and UC Riverside edged out Loyola Marymount.

Today we have a rather large slate of games.

We have Temple, SMU and South Florida playing top 25 teams this evening. Only Temple has the game at home. The other two are on the road. Houston and Saint Joseph’s are playing a neutral site game in Annapolis for the Veterans Classic.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

TeamRatingTeamRatingTimeTV
Detroit Mercy231atBoston College15012:00 p.m.ESPN+/ACC
Saint Joseph's183vs#3 Houston35:00 p.m.CBSSN
SMU44at#24 Dayton586:00 p.m.ESPN+
Mcneese311atTulane986:00 p.m.ESPN+
#16 Villanova7atTemple1116:00 p.m.ESPNU
Florida St.106atUCF1016:00 p.m.ESPN+
South Fla.245at#15 Auburn127:00 p.m.ESPN+/SEC
Loyola Chicago23atUIC2837:00 p.m.ESPN+
John Brown#N/AatOral Roberts1557:00 p.m.ORUSN
Florida A&M313atOregon St.2528:00 p.m.PAC-12 OR.

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)

UAB46atToledo754:00 p.m.Barstool Sp.
Fla. Atlantic131atOle Miss1096:00 p.m.ESPN+/SEC
UTSA326atA&M-Corpus Christi2417:00 p.m.ESPN+
Colorado70atGrambling3067:00 p.m.ESPN+
Abilene Christian123atTexas A&M427:00 p.m.ESPN+/ SEC

I would like to thank Loca for his service just to make him feel weird and I would like to add a bit he omitted. After his time in the USMC he transferred to the army and served another 8 years and more deployments before his medical retirement. I’m very proud of this young man and look forward to seeing him next week.

Boston college wins 68-64 due to poor free throw shooting by Detroit Mercy. Mercy led the whole half until 15 seconds left in the game. This is a team to watch out for.

Happy Veterans Day!

Unlike Memorial Day, today is a day to thank veterans for their service. There are people that do not believe in thanking veterans for their service and that is ok. This is the country thanking veterans. As a veteran I do not seek recognition and when I get it I feel weird about it. Its doing a job for me and that is what I did. There is a little extra that comes with it and that we must deal with on our own by getting the assistance that we need. All of us, me included, have had our lives affected because of a veteran. I pass by Arlington National Cemetery and the Pentagon every day that I go into work. I pass by the Air Force Memorial and The Museum of the Marine Corps every day.

I served in the Marines for just over 9 years and had 3 deployments with them into Iraq and Africa. I still have not set foot in the Museum as I have not become ok with it yet. I was medically retired due to PTSD, Severe Anxiety and Morbid Depression. Doing things like this post each year helps me center myself and gives me a purpose to express myself in different ways. I know you didn’t ask to hear this and its ok because its my post. Lol. I am just one of many of the veterans that have stories. IF you are a veteran then thank you for your service. I challenge all of you and I ask that you challenge others to seek out a veteran and let them tell you their story. Some of the older ones just want someone to talk to.

Now on to basketball!!

The Tulsa Women move to 2-0 as they dismantled San Jose State last night and have a date with Arkansas on the 14th. This team has improved from last season from the looks of it so far and this game will be a good check on how far they have come. Coach Nelp is doing a fantastic job. I am not a big Womens basketball fan because a lot of games just seem disjointed. I do find myself watching this team. Remember tickets are like 5 bucks and would be a good time for a family event at the Reynolds center. So there is that.

Cincinnati had to hold off Cleveland State who just would not go away. Oklahoma State did not have such luck as they lost it at the end at home to Southern Illinois.

Marquette destroyed Central Michigan and UC Riverside edged out Loyola Marymount.

Today we have a rather large slate of games.

We have Temple, SMU and South Florida playing top 25 teams this evening. Only Temple has the game at home. The other two are on the road. Houston and Saint Joseph’s are playing a neutral site game in Annapolis for the Veterans Classic.

GO TU!!!!

Today’s games

Detroit Mercy231atBoston College15012:00 p.m.ESPN+/ACC
Saint Joseph's183vs#3 Houston35:00 p.m.CBSSN
SMU44at#24 Dayton586:00 p.m.ESPN+
Mcneese311atTulane986:00 p.m.ESPN+
#16 Villanova7atTemple1116:00 p.m.ESPNU
Florida St.106atUCF1016:00 p.m.ESPN+
South Fla.245at#15 Auburn127:00 p.m.ESPN+/SEC
Loyola Chicago23atUIC2837:00 p.m.ESPN+
John Brown#N/AatOral Roberts1557:00 p.m.ORUSN
Florida A&M313atOregon St.2528:00 p.m.PAC-12 OR.

Other Games of Interest (Expansion Teams, Possible Teams and TU Women)

UAB46atToledo754:00 p.m.Barstool Sp.
Fla. Atlantic131atOle Miss1096:00 p.m.ESPN+/SEC
UTSA326atA&M-Corpus Christi2417:00 p.m.ESPN+
Colorado70atGrambling3067:00 p.m.ESPN+
Abilene Christian123atTexas A&M427:00 p.m.ESPN+/ SEC
I read "The Panzer Killers" book and it said that 2% of infantry did not need R&R or suffer PTSD. 90% of the 2% were psychopaths and loved killing.

Houston looks like a complete club. Talent up and down the lineup. Up 34-11 w 7 minutes left in the first half.

Reactions: loca2874
I read "The Panzer Killers" book and it said that 2% of infantry did not need R&R or suffer PTSD. 90% of the 2% were psychopaths and loved killing.
i always wonder if these writers and researchers ever stepped onto a live battlefield

Houston destroyed Saint Joseph’s 81-55

South Florida is up on #16 Auburn 26-18 with less than 2 left in the half

Villanova and temple are tied with 6:25 left in the game

SMU is down 1 with just over 5 left in the game

Houston destroyed Saint Joseph’s 81-55

South Florida is up on #16 Auburn 26-18 with less than 2 left in the half

Villanova and temple are tied with 6:25 left in the game

SMU is down 1 with just over 5 left in the game
Temple about to beat nova

Recap of todays games.

South Florida moves to 0-2 as they fell short to Auburn on the road. They game them a pretty good game but fell 67-59

Houston moves to 2-0 after they dismantled Saint Joseph's in Annapolis. The look like a complete team.

Temple 1-1 knocked off #16 Villanova in a very weird finish to the game. Stop storming the court. really!!! its not like they won a championship.

#24 Dayton took it to SMU who is 1-1 for a score of 74-62.

Detroit Mercy fell to 1-1 on the season as they lost a heartbreaker to Boston College. Free Throws marred this game. If Mercy had shot just 50 percent down the stretch on Free throws they would be 2-0.

Toledo beat UAB 1-1 by a score of 93-85

Tulane is 2-0 after they beat McNeese State pretty handily 75-58. Foot ball and basketball are doing well in New Orleans.

Florida Atlantic 1-1 lost to Ole Miss 80-67

UCF 1-1 knocked off Florida State 68-54

Oral Roberts beat an NAIA team in John Brown 95-62 to improve to 1-1

Loyola Chicago edged out UIC 70-63. The Ramblers will be our next game after the JAckson State game and will be the first game of the Myrtle Beach Invitational which I will be there with Nevada.

UTSA 1-1 got destroyed by Texas A&M- Corpus Christi 75-55

Grambling beat Colorado 83-74. We might play Colorado in Myrtle beach.

Texas A&M 2-0 beat Abilene Christian 77-58. Abilene Christian beat JAckson State by 9 points on Monday. We could also see Texas A&M in Myrtle beach. If we see them it will probably be in the finals. This will help guage us for the tournament with our game tomorrow.

Oregon State is blistering Florida A&M 51-38 with 4 minutes left in the game. Florida A&M lost to Oregon on Monday 80-45 and then lost to Portland Wednesday 91-54.

Oregon State is blistering Florida A&M 51-38 with 4 minutes left in the game. Florida A&M lost to Oregon on Monday 80-45 and then lost to Portland Wednesday 91-54.
Yeah, I wouldn't say blistering. Their offense started out slow,(up by 5 at half) Oregon St fouled them a decent amount. Famu missed several free throws in a row,(4) with about 8-5 minutes left, or they would have got back in the game. They started shooting 3's, because they missed all those free throws, and it was getting desperation time. Oregon St had some foul trouble.

Yeah they won by 17, but it wasn't a ringing endorsement in my book.(especially considering how much Famu lost by to their two previous opponents) I'm not jumping up & down yet. If they had won by 27, I'd be a little more confident. Famu likely sucks bad. Still need some more input to get an idea of what kind of team we have.

Yeah, I wouldn't say blistering. Their offense started out slow,(up by 5 at half) Oregon St fouled them a decent amount. Famu missed several free throws in a row,(4) with about 8-5 minutes left, or they would have got back in the game. They started shooting 3's, because they missed all those free throws, and it was getting desperation time. Oregon St had some foul trouble.

Yeah they won by 17, but it wasn't a ringing endorsement in my book.(especially considering how much Famu lost by to their two previous opponents) I'm not jumping up & down yet. If they had won by 27, I'd be a little more confident. Famu likely sucks bad. Still need some more input to get an idea of what kind of team we have.
That margin grew pretty quick from about the 10 minute mark of the second half. Yeah it was pretty close through the first half. They took off after that. That is what I was remarking about. They are 2-0. So they are winning the games they need to so far.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT