ADVERTISEMENT

Game thoughts Houston

Houston’s cheer squad at least can hit the streets early tonight to make some coin.

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

It boggles my mind we are this bad. No disrespect to Houston. They are great. We are easy to hate.

Reactions: drboobay
It’s the heat from the stink we generate. We used to let our oil companies go to Houston. Maybe they can keep this team?

Sad absolutely no interest. Konkle was never my choice but have to give him a year to rid this team of demons. Next year we will all know if this decision was correct. Hard to believe we can be this much worse than ORU. Add to that, how can we get so much worse as the year goes by.

I feel like TU basketball is going to have to start from scratch. Is Konkol the man to rebuild the program? Don't know. Next season is critical.

TU looked like the Washington Generals playing the Globetrotters tonight, only worse.

We’re watching a team already low on talent and size who has given up on the season. We talked about this after the Murray State loss. If it starts going downhill, it could be historically ugly.

Well…here we are.

I don’t think TU will win another game. They probably could, but the desire would need to be there.

Konkol could recover. I just don’t know if it’s possible without starting over. This is legitimately one of the worst teams in all of college basketball.

Time for the NIL collective to start prioritizing. That’s the blueprint these days. The good news? There is a path, but it requires $$$.

Reactions: t-townpod
Sad absolutely no interest. Konkle was never my choice but have to give him a year to rid this team of demons. Next year we will all know if this decision was correct. Hard to believe we can be this much worse than ORU. Add to that, how can we get so much worse as the year goes by.
Remember Bill Self lost to Gonzaga (Before Gonzaga was even rated) by about 40 points in the Great Alaska Shootout his first year and fans were ready to fire him too. And that was before NIL has tried to decimate TU. We gave him some time to recruit.

Reactions: 'Cane-man
Remember Bill Self lost to Gonzaga (Before Gonzaga was even rated) by about 40 points in the Great Alaska Shootout his first year and fans were ready to fire him too. And that was before NIL has tried to decimate TU. We gave him some time to recruit.
Self's first two seasons at ORU were really rough. I believe TU is close to the situation ORU was in when Self replaced Ken Trickey. But we can also rebuild fairly quickly with the right moves.

Self’s first team improved as the year evolved. They even made some noise in the WAC tourney. Bennett just needed to make some free throws.

That team had a tiny roster, but there was some good talent.

It seems like our faithful fall in two camps:

Camp 1: we suck because of Konkol regardless of the situation he came into. 100% konkol’s fault, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Camp 2: we suck because of the situation Konkol inherited from Haith and konkol is working with the hand that was dealt this year while looking to retool next year.

Camp 1: we suck because of Konkol regardless of the situation he came into. 100% konkol’s fault, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Camp 2: we suck because of the situation Konkol inherited from Haith and konkol is working with the hand that was dealt this year while looking to retool next year.
Camp 1= Complete and Utter morons who remind me of monkeys throwing crap at the zoo.

Self was 6-21 and 10-17 his first two season at ORU. He's turned out alright I would say.

Good God people, give Konkol a full offseason to start to rebuild this thing.

He is fighting something no TU coach starting out has faced with the Portal and NIL. But he and his staff are putting in overtime to address the needs. The collectives need to step up to AAC standards.

Reactions: dougheffking
He is fighting something no TU coach starting out has faced with the Portal and NIL. But he and his staff are putting in overtime to address the needs. The collectives need to step up to AAC standards.
The whole athletic department IS stepping up now.

Honestly, I can't think of anyone in Camp 1.

Camp 1: Didn't take any time to renege on their promise in record time, despite his recruiting achievements.
Camp 2: Holding to that promise.

Camp 1: Didn't take any time to renege on their promise in record time, despite his recruiting achievements.
Camp 2: Holding to that promise.
People baffle me. This program will be on much more solid footing and the results will be MUCH better next season. Then all these woe is me impatient dbags wont be able to say much.

People baffle me. This program will be on much more solid footing and the results will be MUCH better next season. Then all these woe is me impatient dbags wont be able to say much.
This April/ May and next November recruiting seasons will define the Konkol hiring IMHO. This is about when Self/ Gillispie hit the home runs. Last November was a good start. Every coach looks good with good players. John Phillips went to two NCAA’s with good players. Just think Billy Tubbs, Tarkanian, The only coaches that I can think of who failed with superior talent were Josh Pastner and Penny Hardaway. Funny that both have been at Memphis. Very few coaches can excel with lesser talent. Kelvin Sampson ( before he got the 4 and 5 stars) and Chris Beard. Eddie Sutton and the Oregon Coach. The current UCLA coach we hate. What do all have in common? They seem to eat the players alive if they don’t give 100% all the time. I saw Self run some starters out of practice for not giving 100% and told them not to come back ( they did thank goodness).

Camp 1= Complete and Utter morons who remind me of monkeys throwing crap at the zoo.
Are you Konkols mom or something? You get soooo defensive and start attacking soooo quickly.

There is also Camp 3: Konkol can do and will do no wrong anywhere, anytime.

It’s been a disappointing season.
If you don’t think so, you’re not passionate about TU basketball. You’re passionate about the coach.

Next year will certainly be improved but this year sucks donkey marbles.

Are you Konkols mom or something? You get soooo defensive and start attacking soooo quickly.

If you don’t think so, you’re not passionate about TU basketball. You’re passionate about the coach.

Defensive? I just thought TU had alot smarter fans than maybe I was thinking.

There should be NO CAMPS during this first season. We all should have known it would be brutal while we sort out the roster and start rebuilding.

Is Konkol's mom named Doug Heffernan?

I don't see the value in camp 1 or 3. Give him time to prove himself. He has already done something with Selebangue & the three he has coming in next year. We haven't even given him time to judge him on Knight & McWright. It is way to early to judge him on their play right now.

I'm really excited to hear I.I.'s reports on preseason practice next year.

NIL is not an excuse for poor performance when you didn’t lose any players lol.

This April/ May and next November recruiting seasons will define the Konkol hiring IMHO. This is about when Self/ Gillispie hit the home runs. Last November was a good start. Every coach looks good with good players. John Phillips went to two NCAA’s with good players. Just think Billy Tubbs, Tarkanian, The only coaches that I can think of who failed with superior talent were Josh Pastner and Penny Hardaway. Funny that both have been at Memphis. Very few coaches can excel with lesser talent. Kelvin Sampson ( before he got the 4 and 5 stars) and Chris Beard. Eddie Sutton and the Oregon Coach. The current UCLA coach we hate. What do all have in common? They seem to eat the players alive if they don’t give 100% all the time. I saw Self run some starters out of practice for not giving 100% and told them not to come back ( they did thank goodness).
Wojcik and Haith…

I haven’t seen anyone in camp 1

Tell astrobite it's an excuse when you don't get the players in the first place. :rolleyes:

July 21, 2021 college athletes begin signing Nil deals.
March 21,2022 Konkol is hired.
April & May 2022 Konkol finds four recruits and loses 1 or 2 because of Nil

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT