ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis Game Recap: Tulsa suffers close loss to ECU

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Watching Tulsa's depleted squad almost pull off an amazing win was heartening. Especially when you see the four players first year TU coach Eric Konkol signed -- Brandon Betson, Jesaiah McWright, Bryant Selebangue and B.B. Knight -- all showing promise.

Betson led the way with 20 points, but Tulsa fell just short in a 62-60 loss Tuesday night to East Carolina in front of about 500 fans in an announced crowd of 3,002 at the Reynolds Center.

How far our program has fallen. We've gone from selling out the Reynolds Center with 8000+ fans at our games to 500 fans.
Feel free to leave at any time. We are rebuilding from the ground up and will take a big leap next season. Get lost loser.

I used the JD Barnett and John Phillips years to get better seats the next years. I started in the upper deck at the Assembly Center. Down years provide great opportunities 😀 Kinda like the stock market. You want to buy instead of selling at the bottom.

There were quite a few students for awhile but a lot left as game went on. I think the most students all year and I have been to every game but it dwindled fast

Konkol inherited the least talented team of any coach over the last 60 years. Is this the season he expected, I doubt it. However, he has coached and refused to get down on his players or his staff. He has handled this nightmare with dignity and respect. He brought in some quality kids his first year, he has 3 quality players coming in next year, and look for him to hit the jucos and the portal to fill the voids for next season. I think the turn around is going to happen much sooner than expected. This staff are all hustlers, they don't sit around waiting for players to come here like the last staff, they go out get them!

I was there & it looked like last season. But if anyone is complaining about attendance, they need to be there in person to count it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT