ADVERTISEMENT

GAME DAY PREVIEW: Tulsa at Temple

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
For all the gloom and doom that comes with a listless performance in a loss against a team Tulsa should beat at home, the real question is still unanswered. Was the Arkansas State game last Saturday night an aberration, or is the season on a downward slide? A win at Temple would make a huge statement that Tulsa is back on the right track.

LINK: Tulsa at Temple preview

Larry, I was working in the Philly area (Wilmington, DE) in 87 and this was my 1st chance to watch TU in person in a couple of years. Our tickets were on the opposite side to a group of Tulsa fans. After seeing this group cheer after the 1st score, we walked around to sit and cheer with them. It was much better than getting dirty looks from the Temple fans around us.

About all I can remember about the game is Rubely hitting a number of bombs to Bitson and Harrison. Thanks for the memories.

My boss was a huge Tennessee and SEC fan so we watched Alabama beat Temple the next year. He told me that Alabama had the best looking cheerleaders in the SEC, so that was probably his motivation for going. Lol

“The first meeting in Philadelphia was a 24-17 victory at old Veteran’s Stadium in 1987. TU was led by freshmen future stars T.J. Rubley at quarterback and All-American Dan Bitson at receiver and Dennis Byrd at defensive tackle.

In the 1987 game, Tulsa blocked three field goals off a Temple team that finished 3-8. Rubley completed 18 of 35 passes for 278 yards and three touchdowns. Bitson caught four passes for 102 yards and a touchdown, and Erick Harrison caught three passes for 104 yards and two touchdowns.”

Reactions: Chris Harmon
Just leave this here....

gA01DuI.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT