ADVERTISEMENT

Gage Laney

astonmartin708

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Apr 17, 2012
Seems like he could be a special player in the right situation at the next level. He's apparently tearing it up for Blankenship at Owasso as a safety (set the career INT record for them) and he looks like he tackles well in open space, but he's a bit undersized for a normal safety spot in D1 at 6'0 and not a burner speed wise. It does seem like he knows where to put himself to make plays though... I wonder if he'd be useful for us somewhere like that nickle safety spot that we use in the 3-3-5? He's about the same size as Cristian Williams.

Anyone think he could be a good option? Think Blank would direct him away from us?

Why would he direct Gage away from us? He didn’t discourage Haydon Grant from signing here last year.

Gage had 3 interceptions against Union on Friday and broke a record that had been in place for almost 40 years.

Reactions: el duran
Why would he direct Gage away from us? He didn’t discourage Haydon Grant from signing here last year.

Gage had 3 interceptions against Union on Friday and broke a record that had been in place for almost 40 years.
Good point Babe! I had forgotten about Grant! I'm guessing you've seen him play? Do you think he could be underrecruited?

Good point Babe! I had forgotten about Grant! I'm guessing you've seen him play? Do you think he could be underrecruited?

Yes, I have season tickets to Owasso Football and get to see him play quite often.

You really don’t hear much about him recruiting wise. The Ram player that is most often mentioned as being under recruited is linebacker Brenden Dye.

Yes, I have season tickets to Owasso Football and get to see him play quite often.

You really don’t hear much about him recruiting wise. The Ram player that is most often mentioned as being under recruited is linebacker Brenden Dye.
Tells you a lot about how much talent Owasso has when the kid that's breaking 40 year old DB records is getting overshadowed

If he’s 6’0” and 200 lbs, TG will offer.

Will TG have a football program next year?

Who was the walk on from Jenks that started as a safety and moved to the WILL? He was too slow to play safety but he ended up being a very productive LB for us with coverage skills? Maybe this kid could fit that type of role

Who was the walk on from Jenks that started as a safety and moved to the WILL? He was too slow to play safety but he ended up being a very productive LB for us with coverage skills? Maybe this kid could fit that type of role
Linscott I believe.

I was. Certainly a tale of two halves. Strange that it looks like his best offer is Pitt State.

I can’t help but think we’re going start seeing some offers roll in for Cole Adams too. I feel like he could be big time by the time he’s a senior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT