ADVERTISEMENT

G.J Kinne Staff

TulsaFanFromStigler

I.T.S. Junior
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2019
Should he bring his whole staff or no
If no
Who are some good candidates mainly for offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator

Brennan Marion for OC. This has been talked about a lot. I would hope he would bring Dexter McCoil with him to coach the secondary/safeties.
I really like this thought process. Now if it can really happen you’ll see an entire re-awakening oftheTU program. And the indoor facility happens too!

Brennan Marion for OC. This has been talked about a lot. I would hope he would bring Dexter McCoil with him to coach the secondary/safeties.
The Word is averaging over 53 points per game this season. Is there a reason we wouldn’t want his current OC? GJ and him seem to have a pretty good thing going together.

Reactions: Glasscain
why stop there, we can bring Fitzpatrick back to coach kickers, Tyrunne Walker to coach defensive backs, Charles Clay for Tight Ends....lol How many of the 2010 team is available?
McCoil is currently DB coach on Kinne’s staff at Incarnate Word. Marion is a WR coach at Texas & has supposedly said he’d be willing to come back as OC with Kinne.

I would be very happy with those assistant coach choices, but we haven’t even hired Kinne as our head coach yet!

why stop there, we can bring Fitzpatrick back to coach kickers, Tyrunne Walker to coach defensive backs, Charles Clay for Tight Ends....lol How many of the 2010 team is available?
Point is, Dexter McCoil is on the staff at Incarnate Word and coaching the secondary. I wasn't thinking hey let's just bring in former players to be on staff.

Tyrunn was a Defensive lineman, so he would be better suited for that.

Reactions: TUcandoit
Point is, Dexter McCoil is on the staff at Incarnate Word and coaching the secondary. I wasn't thinking hey let's just bring in former players to be on staff.
Oh I know, I was just having fun with it. With GJ, McCoil, and the Milkman...I'm saying let's keep this 2010 team together!!

Reactions: Okietch51
If he’s the guy he will likely put together a staff of faces familiar to him and less so to us. We may recognize as few, but he’s going to need some seasoned guys around as well as youth. He’s a smart guy and been very successful at his previous and current destinations, that doesn’t happen in coaching without making educated and intentional decision about who your surrounded by without regard to personal, etc affiliations. We’ve already experienced that here prior to Monty.

I would be ok with him keeping some of your current staff, Lowry and suits could stay on. Both recruit well and their positions did well (not special teams though)

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I think I remember reading at one point that Craig Suits and GJ Kinne are cousins, so Suits could be a good bet to remain if Kinne did in fact get hired.
I'd be shocked and amazed if he didn't stay on in that situation. Either Suits or Luke Wells probably have a 50/50 chance of being retained. Then watch it be somebody else.

Who was the guy who laid a lick on the Bowling Green kick returner in a bowl game? Bring him back for Special Teams coach!! lol

I was there we owned them and I believe they were ranked. We ran into Bowling Green fans at breakfast the next morning and they said “ You guys are good”. Yes we were.

Oh I know, I was just having fun with it. With GJ, McCoil, and the Milkman...I'm saying let's keep this 2010 team together!!
You really think all these guys would work for the Bixby coach? Because hes the guy, right? I mean, the world said so.

Is UH keeping Dana for next year?
Hopefully. Dana is atrocious. I don't envy the position Houston is in at all, but it makes me giggle. I bet the BIG 12 is super pumped for have their 5% full stadium for next season. No one, even in Houston, gives a flying F about Houston football.

Reactions: Centex48
And ”Kissing Tom” Herman has been hired at FAU. We could be in worse shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT