ADVERTISEMENT

G J Kinne in charge of SMU’s offense tonight

2 series, 2 T/O’s not based on play calling though.

Make it 3. 2 Int’s lead to TD’s (including a pick 6), fumble results in missed FG. LT 14 SMU 0

could the loss of Chad really have demoralized the team the point of the 35-3 score in the 2nd? SMU owes the AAC an apology.

Chad's system was apparently more important than the athletic ability of the players. Sonny will have his work cut out for him next year. Look's like GJ was not ready for this much responsibility yet.

Chad's system was apparently more important than the athletic ability of the players. Sonny will have his work cut out for him next year. Look's like GJ was not ready for this much responsibility yet.
If you were watching the game, you’d know that Hicks has thrown the ball directly to LaTech defenders a couple of times and most of the other pass plays he was running for his life after about 2 seconds. It’s like SMUs starting OL decided to sit this one out.

That and Redford Jones needs to show his counterpart how to chase down a KR and make a tackle

I assume their still running Chad’s system which is why Kinne is calling the plays. You don’t change systems in a week or two. They’re just making mistakes and getting their ass kicked by a .500 CUSA squad.

If you were watching the game, you’d know that Hicks has thrown the ball directly to LaTech defenders a couple of times and most of the other pass plays he was running for his life after about 2 seconds. It’s like SMUs starting OL decided to sit this one out.

That and Redford Jones needs to show his counterpart how to chase down a KR and make a tackle

I assume their still running Chad’s system which is why Kinne is calling the plays. You don’t change systems in a week or two. They’re just making mistakes and getting their ass kicked by a .500 CUSA squad.
I watched it for about 20 or 30 min. Granted I saw some of the problems you mentioned TUBla, but from what little I saw, the team also seemed to have lost their rudder. Running the same system without the HC and play caller is a different thing than 'running the system'. Also the defense didn't look too on top of it either.

Last edited:
I saw a lot of kids playing like their former head coach sold them a bill of goods. Im more worried about SMU three years from now with Dykes in there than I would be if Morris stayed another 3 years. Chad left a good core of players who can play, (when they want to play).

Also, their prep week was finals week and the bowl game is just up the street.

Hard to get 19 year olds up for something like that who aren't getting paid.

Ol' GJ did just fine, iyam.

I saw a lot of kids playing like their former head coach sold them a bill of goods. Im more worried about SMU three years from now with Dykes in there than I would be if Morris stayed another 3 years. Chad left a good core of players who can play, (when they want to play).

Also, their prep week was finals week and the bowl game is just up the street.

Hard to get 19 year olds up for something like that who aren't getting paid.

Ol' GJ did just fine, iyam.
Really not worried about Dykes at all. I’ve never been that impressed with him as a person and I think Morris was way better. They barely made a bowl game this year and will struggle to make one again next year. Put them behind Tulsa in the way too early 2018 power rankings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT