ADVERTISEMENT

🏀 Recruiting Full story -- Tulsa picks up St. John's transfer Mo Keita

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
On Saturday, June 24, Tulsa picked up a big basketball commitment, literally. 7-foot-1 and 220-pound Mohamed Keita, a transfer from St. John's, chose Tulsa over South Florida, Fordham and several other college programs.

Maybe he entered the portal because he didn't like the way he felt after being around Rick Sleazitino.

On Saturday, June 24, Tulsa picked up a big basketball commitment, literally. 7-foot-1 and 220-pound Mohamed Keita, a transfer from St. John's, chose Tulsa over South Florida, Fordham and several other college programs.

On the video, the play by play guy described a rebound and put back for Keita as “sumptuous”.

I’m pretty sure that’s the first time that word has appeared on these boards. 😂😂

Fantastic pickup!!! A great couple of days for Konkol and Kompany!!! 😄

That just leaves the PF position to fill. Konkol and staff appear to be doing a great job filling all the spots!

I wonder if there are any students on campus from Guinea to give Keita a connection to home....

I can’t tell if this recruit is just another David Wishon or if he can actually play , I can’t find too much on him
I think the best comparison of former TU players is freshman Jerome Jordan. Both are tall, lanky, instinctive shot blockers, and raw.

I am not saying he'll end up being as good as Jordan was at TU, it is just who comes to mind for me at this stage in Keita's career. He has a lot of potential, but it will require work on his part. He won't be a slow unathletic big like Wishon was.

I think the best comparison of former TU players is freshman Jerome Jordan. Both are tall, lanky, instinctive shot blockers, and raw.

I am not saying he'll end up being as good as Jordan was at TU, it is just who comes to mind for me at this stage in Keita's career. He has a lot of potential, but it will require work on his part. He won't be a slow unathletic big like Wishon was.
I just hope he isn’t another “ Big E” 😂

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Just needs to get a lot of playing time this year which will make him better.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Thanks for clarifying. I was just a little slow putting the pieces together and "This just didn’t happen” had me questioning what I missed.

As a kid I remember Mike Anderson when he played. When he was an assistant for Nolan at U of A, both they and TU were in the NCAA's at the OKC site and I was a student in the pep band. I grabbed some food at the concession and went to one of the tables and Anderson had grabbed something and saw me in my Tulsa shirt and asked if he could use the other half of the little table. We had a really good conversation about the games and TU. Probably not so memorable to him, but very much so to me. As you said, Good man and wishing only the best for him.

Some folks might not know or remember. Mike played at TU for Nolan and coached with Nolan
for a long time. Good man. Wish him well.
Mike had Thanksgiving dinner with us his Sr. year, and our children were really impressed
with him....He was a gentleman and wonderful role model, and played defense like he
meant it....He did...He said that was one of the really enjoyable parts of the game for him...

For a time relevance, the children were all teenagers then, and are all (3) in their sixties
now.....Ouch!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for clarifying. I was just a little slow putting the pieces together and "This just didn’t happen” had me questioning what I missed.

As a kid I remember Mike Anderson when he played. When he was an assistant for Nolan at U of A, both they and TU were in the NCAA's at the OKC site and I was a student in the pep band. I grabbed some food at the concession and went to one of the tables and Anderson had grabbed something and saw me in my Tulsa shirt and asked if he could use the other half of the little table. We had a really good conversation about the games and TU. Probably not so memorable to him, but very much so to me. As you said, Good man and wishing only the best for him.
Special! Thank you for sharing….

Reactions: Larry Lewis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT