ADVERTISEMENT

Friday's NCAA Tournament Thread

I got the poin Phoggy and I did acknowledge UCLA beating SMU means that the AAC was weaker than we thought and Tulsa should never have been in the conversation for an at large bid (in another thread).

I don't believe the little guys can compete in the P5 conferences because they don't have the money making potential and will therefore not get the calls or pass the "television revenue smell test" to get selected by the committee.

Basketball is a different animal than football. Damn straight they can complete with a great coach, good facilities and fan support.

That isn't the point at all. UCLA beating SMU does not mean the American was worse than we thought. It only means that UCLA played slightly better than SMU on one night. SMU is still a better team, UCLA still didn't belong in the tournament, and the American is just as good as the numbers say. It was just an upset, there is no larger meaning.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
Not one upset today. Higher seed has won every game. Higher seeds have won last 18 games and are now 22-4. Could have a first round where only 4 lower seeds won.

This post was edited on 3/20 8:14 PM by lawpoke87
Pretty amazing change from Thursday. Part of the higher seed dominance is a 4-0 record of 8 seeds over 9 seeds. They are usually considered interchangeable seeds, so 4-0 is rare. Good comeback day for Big XII. Big 10 looks better than usual.

If Phoggy is so wound up with UCLA not deserving to even be in the tournament, imagine how wound up he will be after Wichita State beats KU.

This post was edited on 3/21 7:30 AM by TU 1978

WSU is a good team. I won't be wound up at all. This is the worst KU team in 10+ years. KU is only a 2 point favorite. Media is making this WSU thing out to be bigger than it is. If WSU wins, then good for them. We have lost to worse teams than them in the tournament. Regardless, in the future we will still be playing for top seeds and, when Baker and VanVleet are gone, it will be 50/50 whether they even have tournament teams.

Originally posted by PhoggyBottom:
WSU is a good team. I won't be wound up at all. This is the worst KU team in 10+ years. KU is only a 2 point favorite. Media is making this WSU thing out to be bigger than it is. If WSU wins, then good for them. We have lost to worse teams than them in the tournament. Regardless, in the future we will still be playing for top seeds and, when Baker and VanVleet are gone, it will be 50/50 whether they even have tournament teams.
Kansas finishes in third place in the Mo Valley. Wouldn't even get a bid. Phoggy will never get it.

Go TU!!!!

True. Kansas keeps winning all of these conference titles because they play in such a weak conference. I actually think Illinois State would probably have finished above the Jayhawks this year if they played in the MVC.

It's amazing what can happen when officials turn a loss into a win
This post was edited on 3/21 1:14 PM by URedskin54

UCLA sends special fruit basket to ref that called the goal tending. SMU would have been to sweet sixteen as well.

A team gets into the tournament on name alone, has a game given to them, and then beats a 14 seed....a true cinderella story

That is fine but what does that say about TU? I guess TU would have finished 9th in the Big12 since they got worked by OSU.

That is fine but what does that say about TU? I guess TU would have finished 9th in the Big12 since they got worked by OSU.
U go girl, Justify Yourself!

Probably not if we had played them in the last couple of weeks.

You don't blame a loss on a single bad call. SMU should have, could have, would have, smoked UCLA. Once again, they laid an egg.

Originally posted by TUMe:

Roy's lucky jacket?
Yes it is. Roy's dad sold more used cars than anyone in North Carolina history, while wearing that jacket.

What was the salesman's name at WKRP in Cincinnati looks like Roy may have stolen one of his jackets.

GO TU!!!!

Herb Tarlek

This post was edited on 3/23 8:00 PM by TU1NNJ

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT