ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
Who’s in? Weather App says 29 at kickoff dropping to 26. I doubt I last until the end.

Are we talking HS football or is this the USF game? Pretty sure several of the HS football games in the area are going to be way more interesting

Reactions: noble cane
I can't think of much worse to do with my Friday night then spend it watching USF and TU hitting each other with pillows.

Not me. Hoping the empty stadium sends a message. Sorry for the seniors but they will need to bring their own energy.
My guess is it'll be the lowest attended game since Blankenship's last home game against ECU I think it was...where only 1-2 coaches stayed after the alma mater. It was pathetic.

Are we talking HS football or is this the USF game? Pretty sure several of the HS football games in the area are going to be way more interesting
I’m going to the Tulsa game. I don’t have a high schooler anymore.

I’m going to the Tulsa game. I don’t have a high schooler anymore.
I don't have a HS who plays football or is in the band either. My son will probably go to the game but he can drive and take himself. Unless my daughter wants to be insane and go, my wife and I will probably stay home and watch Union vs BA on YouTube. I am planning on going to the TU soccer game on Sunday though to keep my TU fandom intact.

My guess is it'll be the lowest attended game since Blankenship's last home game against ECU I think it was...where only 1-2 coaches stayed after the alma mater. It was pathetic.
The smallest crowd I’ve ever seen in the stadium was for the ‘88 Temple game. Only a few hundred were in attendance yet they still managed to run out of hot chocolate.

I doubt we go that low this week.

Anyone who wants to attend more power to you. Not my idea of fun though (more like masochism). May go for soccer though if I can convince one of my kids to join me.

I’ll be watching basketball at kickoff and plan to watch the replay on ESPN+ Saturday morning.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I'll be there Friday night. They should offer free hot chocolate if you sit on the east side. It's going to look like a COVID game or a typical weeknight "MACtion."

Hot chocolate with a little Hot Damn might go well on Friday.

USF may be more horrible than us this year. Unlike most games this season, TU may actually have a chance to win. Better days for TU football are ahead, with that said I will bundle up and see if we can get a win.

The smallest crowd I’ve ever seen in the stadium was for the ‘88 Temple game. Only a few hundred were in attendance yet they still managed to run out of hot chocolate.

I remember the SMU game in 2002 during the last season of Keith Burns. It was the week after breaking the 17 game losing streak. It was cold, rainy, and windy. My guess total people in the stands was less than 1000. That includes the SMU folk who drove north. I burned my tongue, and esophagus on the hot chocolate from the concession stand.

I’ll be watching basketball at kickoff and plan to watch the replay on ESPN+ Saturday morning.
I'll be flipping back and forth, staying mostly with the basketball game. I'll record the football & basketball game though, so I can rewatch either if I feel the urge.

We don’t know when the basketball game will tip until the final Thursday night.
I and lady friend will be there but we may be inside the club most of the game. I want to make an appearance outside for the seniors and have great ski clothes to stay warm.
But I too want to send a message to and about Monty.

OK, just saw an 8pm kick. A hell to the no
Come on and support the Seniors! I am going to try and be there for the walk at 05:00 and I am no spring chicken. You guys missed my two Fatheads. Players and band were probably wondering who this old geezer was that looked like Santa's elf was doing (on Glenn Dobbs Drive) cheering them on to victory on Senior night.

I had missed earlier Walks because they came earlier than the time Coach said.

I miss David Bales!

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Kendall
We don’t know when the basketball game will tip until the final Thursday night.
I and lady friend will be there but we may be inside the club most of the game. I want to make an appearance outside for the seniors and have great ski clothes to stay warm.
But I too want to send a message to and about Monty.
It should not be about Monty but our support for the players who have sacrificed their bodies to give us some pleasure. Monty's situation will be taken care of by the AD. When one door closes another will open for him!

The attendance for the Thanksgiving game vs Louisville in '93 was pretty abysmal. (maybe it was the Friday afterwards). I mean my friends and I got Howard Schnellenberger to flip us off pretty quickly because we sang "Here Comes Santa Claus" to him as he walked over to the sideline at the start of the game. We also got the fat little squatty kicker to shut his mouth as he was talking trash to us about the scoreboard when it was 6-0 at halftime. Why was it 6? Because the kicker missed the PAT. He avoided us the rest of the game. And for anyone who remembers that game, that was the one where Jeff Brohm knocked himself out cold after Jeremy Bunch shoved him out of bounds. Brohm tried to hurdle one of the TU benches, caught a toe and face planted into the concrete wall on the west sideline. It was also freezing that day.

I remember the SMU game in 2002 during the last season of Keith Burns. It was the week after breaking the 17 game losing streak. It was cold, rainy, and windy. My guess total people in the stands was less than 1000. That includes the SMU folk who drove north. I burned my tongue, and esophagus on the hot chocolate from the concession stand.
Was this the game that TU had a chance to send it into OT late and had a bad snap on the PAT? This seems like it could have been that game or at least around that time.

USF may be more horrible than us this year. Unlike most games this season, TU may actually have a chance to win. Better days for TU football are ahead, with that said I will bundle up and see if we can get a win.
I saw on ESPN we were 13.5 pt favorites. Some odds maker is smoking crack. And Monty will undoubtedly try to run a hurt Brin out there again until his leg gets torn off because he can't move...or we see the Dana Carvey SNL skit where the guys arms fall over during an event.

The attendance for the Thanksgiving game vs Louisville in '93 was pretty abysmal. (maybe it was the Friday afterwards). I mean my friends and I got Howard Schnellenberger to flip us off pretty quickly because we sang "Here Comes Santa Claus" to him as he walked over to the sideline at the start of the game. We also got the fat little squatty kicker to shut his mouth as he was talking trash to us about the scoreboard when it was 6-0 at halftime. Why was it 6? Because the kicker missed the PAT. He avoided us the rest of the game. And for anyone who remembers that game, that was the one where Jeff Brohm knocked himself out cold after Jeremy Bunch shoved him out of bounds. Brohm tried to hurdle one of the TU benches, caught a toe and face planted into the concrete wall on the west sideline. It was also freezing that day.
I remember being at that game.. you could still bring in thermos' with hot chocolate n schnapps...

I remember asking Howard "how's the weather in Miami"... and "hows that USFL gig going?"..

• Haha
Reactions: TulsaAM and TU_BLA
Was this the game that TU had a chance to send it into OT late and had a bad snap on the PAT? This seems like it could have been that game or at least around that time.
No, I believe that game was in '97. The Reynolds Center was being constructed at that time. The score was like 42-41. Something like that. Michael Wall was the qb. I was at the '93 Thanksgiving game as well. Pissing off my family in the process. That was the same day as the Leon Lett game in Dallas vs Miami. I believe there were more people at that game than the one I mentioned in '02. Both were equally bad as far as the weather was concerned.

No, I believe that game was in '97. The Reynolds Center was being constructed at that time. The score was like 42-41. Something like that. Michael Wall was the qb. I was at the '93 Thanksgiving game as well. Pissing off my family in the process. That was the same day as the Leon Lett game in Dallas vs Miami. I believe there were more people at that game than the one I mentioned in '02. Both were equally bad as far as the weather was concerned.
I had forgotten about that...Dallas got hit with an insane ice storm that day

I was in the stands for the last Keith Burns home game... maybe 500 people left when the game ended... it was cold and depressing. I doubt if I will make this one however.. I wont be cold... just depressed.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I was in the stands for the last Keith Burns home game... maybe 500 people left when the game ended... it was cold and depressing. I doubt if I will make this one however.. I wont be cold... just depressed.
Was Rice the opponent for that game?

If there had been an announcement of a coaching change after the Memphis game, the attendance for this game would be much better. There’s a lot of people not going to make a statement to the administration.

I will go for the seniors, but it would be much more enjoyable if I knew we had a new coach coming next season.

No hate at all if you can find some joy in attending.

Definitely hope we win.

If there had been an announcement of a coaching change after the Memphis game, the attendance for this game would be much better. There’s a lot of people not going to make a statement to the administration.

I will go for the seniors, but it would be much more enjoyable if I knew we had a new coach coming next season.
I’m one of those people , done paying money to go get depressed, I will attend the basketball games because they are going in the right direction though .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT