ADVERTISEMENT

Former TU keeper

He had a nice run, so I don't blame him. He can make good coin training kids in one-on-one sessions.

Curious what the Puerto Rican national team is gonna do without him. I have no idea how he wound up the PR keeper, but I think Huffy explained it one time.

The P.R. Islanders are one of the better teams in NASL/USL, the second division of US soccer. Through some Jack Warner lobbying to improve the player pool for small island countries, you can qualify as a "citizen" even without a passport, if you appear in enough pro matches on certain islands. Boss qualified that way after three or four years playing PRI and was able to appear for El Huracan de Azul. It's tragic that his career was cut short, with any luck after playing for the Golden Hurricane, and Blue Hurricane, he might have caught on with the Red Hurricane someday and made it a trifecta. Tough break for him, but after his knee injury against Chelsea (?) I'm surprised he's been playing at all. With Keller retiring, that job was his ....

Boss is listed on the reentry draft list. I admit I dont know as much about this process as I would like to and the rules change every year, but if Boss is retiring, why would Seattle decline to exercise its option on him and force him into the draft? I would think the contract would just be terminated and he would leave the league. Sounds like he may be trying to avoid the reentry process and the uncertainty that goes with it.

I could be wrong. Im just guessing here. Let's hope he is OK and can still play and this retirement thing is just a ploy, like Brian Ching threatening to retire if he was selected for the expansion draft.

On loan to a lower division club. See also the MLS Cup thread

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT