ADVERTISEMENT

For those that make the trip to Stillwater

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
OSU is trying to sale " TU Section" tickets for $75 and up, significantly more then any other conference game, but if you want to only spend less then half of that, the sections right by it is only $36, thought I'd let anybody interested know so you don't get ripped off.

Do you have a link where you can purchase a single game ticket for $36 through OSU?

Thanks for the link. OSU sells their tickets through Ticketmaster. I don't believe Stubhub is affiliated with OSU. To my knowledge single game tickets through OSU are not yet available. Those prices are outstanding though and less than anything you can purchase via OSU.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Thanks for the link. OSU sells their tickets through Ticketmaster. I don't believe Stubhub is affiliated with OSU. To my knowledge single game tickets through OSU are not yet available. Those prices are outstanding though and less than anything you can purchase via OSU.
Section 332 row 27, there are seats still available, still at only $36! Need TU fans to buy those as well!

I've been saying OSU rips people off for years. Glad we can agree!!!!!1

Glad you are excited about the game this far in advance. It will be a great one, if our QB is ready.

Sounds like two things:

1. You've bought a pledge from a season ticket holder to sell you their ticket when they get it. I hope what you've bought isn't a scam. Most likely not, but possible. Good thing stub hub insures those transactions under certain circumstances.

2. It also sounds like you are interested in seeing the game, but not interested in helping TU negotiate better OOC football contracts. Buy your tickets through the ticket office. Help TU document who goes to the road games within driving distance. Not necessarily the OP, but people on here complain about the poor OOC regional scheduling, but don't actually go to the game and when they do, don't buy the ticket from TU. No wonder we get bad deals when TU is stuck turning back over a hundred or more tickets they could have sold but didnt and the host school is stuck with empty seats. It is a paper cut, but you hurt TU when you buy your tickets through any other source.

Yah. You also hurt the orphans who depend on those facility fees and service charges.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Glad you are excited about the game this far in advance. It will be a great one, if our QB is ready.

Sounds like two things:

1. You've bought a pledge from a season ticket holder to sell you their ticket when they get it. I hope what you've bought isn't a scam. Most likely not, but possible. Good thing stub hub insures those transactions under certain circumstances.

2. It also sounds like you are interested in seeing the game, but not interested in helping TU negotiate better OOC football contracts. Buy your tickets through the ticket office. Help TU document who goes to the road games within driving distance. Not necessarily the OP, but people on here complain about the poor OOC regional scheduling, but don't actually go to the game and when they do, don't buy the ticket from TU. No wonder we get bad deals when TU is stuck turning back over a hundred or more tickets they could have sold but didnt and the host school is stuck with empty seats. It is a paper cut, but you hurt TU when you buy your tickets through any other source.
You know what? Your right, will purchase the tickets from TU, it's an extra $80 but if it helps TU, I'm all in, if nothing else, it keeps 2 Aggies out of those seats..

Sounds like two things:

Huffy, will you be going?

Huffy, will you be going?
No. I'll be in Honduras supporting US Soccer at their World Cup qualifier. But I I will be buying two tickets and giving them to Alum friends as I usually do with most big road games I don't see in person.

Good, I will be giving my tickets to 2 TU students that can't afford $75, then will purchase my new tickets from TU

Reactions: chito_and_leon

Sounds like two things:

I guess I have a long memory... but, I'm still pissed off from when they told us that we weren't worthy of the 3-2 series any more and started demanding 3-1 with them getting a payout from one game in Tulsa equal to the sum of our three games in Stillwater. Because they were a big 12 bcs school and we were just Tulsa.

I guess I have a long memory... but, I'm still pissed off from when they told us that we weren't worthy of the 3-2 series any more and started demanding 3-1 with them getting a payout from one game in Tulsa equal to the sum of our three games in Stillwater. Because they were a big 12 bcs school and we were just Tulsa.
And yet they go to Central Michigan the year before... Sounds about right

Don't forget the 2 for 1 deal they signed with South Alabama, who didn't even have a football team when our latest deal was signed.

Evidently, according to the Tulsa beat writer, the Golden Hurricane stand no chance in August against the Pokes. 'What a shame this nonconference game, the third of a three-game series scheduled more than a decade ago, couldn't have been last year instead. Following a bowl win in which TU throttled the Central Michigan team that controversially beat the Cowboys earlier in the season, this year's meeting likely won't bring the same appeal given the Hurricane's key departures and the Cowboys' anticipated top-10 status.

OSU could be in store for a special season, boasting a Heisman contender in savvy quarterback Mason Rudolph, who threw 28 touchdown passes and four interceptions last year. His primary targets will be James Washington and Jalen McCleskey, widely considered the best receiver duo in college football. The Cowboys also have a dangerous running back in Justice Hill, who is coming off a 1,000-yard freshman campaign.'

That is as serious an overdose of Cowboy kool-aid as I've seen in many moons, what a special talent Tulsa has covering their athletic teams.

Evidently, according to the Tulsa beat writer, the Golden Hurricane stand no chance in August against the Pokes. 'What a shame this nonconference game, the third of a three-game series scheduled more than a decade ago, couldn't have been last year instead. Following a bowl win in which TU throttled the Central Michigan team that controversially beat the Cowboys earlier in the season, this year's meeting likely won't bring the same appeal given the Hurricane's key departures and the Cowboys' anticipated top-10 status.

OSU could be in store for a special season, boasting a Heisman contender in savvy quarterback Mason Rudolph, who threw 28 touchdown passes and four interceptions last year. His primary targets will be James Washington and Jalen McCleskey, widely considered the best receiver duo in college football. The Cowboys also have a dangerous running back in Justice Hill, who is coming off a 1,000-yard freshman campaign.'

That is as serious an overdose of Cowboy kool-aid as I've seen in many moons, what a special talent Tulsa has covering their athletic teams.
I love it, let the Aggies think that , I remember another certain team in Oklahoma that thought TU had no chance in 2015 when little ol Tulsa hung 38 on the powerhouse defense of Mike stoops, only this time, we have a defense and a monster o-line and another 2 possibly 3 headed monster at RB, Hobbs and Johnson will be studs at wr.. oh but we aren't P5 so that doesn't count .. what a joke, hope Tulsa beats them by 2 or 3 TDs, I know Montgomery will be using that paper as board material

I'm not sure I've ever seen a school's beat writer go there. TU is obviously a large dog ( > 17 points) in the game but those comments were certainly out there.

"Although they don't appear to have many weaknesses, the Cowboys will rely on some unproven players on defense, particularly in the secondary." Oh what my Oxford professors would have done to that sentence.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT