ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Update -- Official Visitors and more

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
With the regular signing period less than two weeks away, Tulsa coaches remain very active on the recruiting trail. TU has been on the road searching for final pieces to its 2018 class, and the Golden Hurricane will host another round of official visitors this weekend.

LINK: TU Recruiting Update

One thing you have to give Monty - he didn't take the "I'm smarter than everyone and am going to keep doing what I'm doing" approach after last year. He took a cold hard look at the team and has tried to fix the problems with a bunch of juco guys. That's very encouraging, he's smart enough to realize he's got to change stuff and is doing his best to get it done.

I partially believe that. I can't believe that with that kind of defensive performance all year we stuck with all the same coaching staff. Yes the offense struggled but that was largely because of one position rather than the entire defense playing with no cohesion.

Reactions: Sotherloch18
I partially believe that. I can't believe that with that kind of defensive performance all year we stuck with all the same coaching staff. Yes the offense struggled but that was largely because of one position rather than the entire defense playing with no cohesion.
Good point, should say he's taken strong action on player talent. Mystifying how the staff stays the same though. Hire some 24 year old grad student, can't be worse than we had last year and maybe you hit the jackpot.

It would be counterproductive to process coaches before National Signing Day. We don’t pay that much to land top shelf assistants and it takes time to find coaches who are up and coming that fit the budget. The Coaches Conference around the spring time is always a place to do that type of stuff. I applaud Monteys efforts. Let’s hope these JUCO‘s actually make it to campus and then have enough time to learn the system to make a real impact.

These coaches also coached the eighth most efficient defense just one year ago. If we are blaming this year on them, we have to applaud them for last year.

And of course it looked confusing at times. We were playing our fifth string safeties at times. We were playing multiple true freshmen at corner. And a ton of first time players along the line and at linebacker. But yeah let’s blame that on Bill Young.

Reactions: edm1077 and cbonham
These coaches also coached the eighth most efficient defense just one year ago. If we are blaming this year on them, we have to applaud them for last year.

And of course it looked confusing at times. We were playing our fifth string safeties at times. We were playing multiple true freshmen at corner. And a ton of first time players along the line and at linebacker. But yeah let’s blame that on Bill Young.
He has been there long enough to shoulder the blame. He is the Defensive Coordinator. All offers go through him. If we have an issue with depth or lack of quality backup players, the buck stops with him. Its a business........you either get it done or you get gone!

Reactions: TULSARISING
I was arriving at the Tulsa airport around 5:30 PM last night when I saw Monty heading to a flight with overnight-type carry-on. I immediately wondered where he was headed to recruit. I believe the AA flight I was on from Dallas was returning there.

I was arriving at the Tulsa airport around 5:30 PM last night when I saw Monty heading to a flight with overnight-type carry-on. I immediately wondered where he was headed to recruit. I believe the AA flight I was on from Dallas was returning there.
He will spend the week on the road visiting anyone he hasn’t had an in-home visit with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT