Tulane- BIG W
UCONN - W
Memphis- W
Navy - L
SMU- W
Bowl game- ??

8-4 very optimistic.
Great exptations.
Wouldn't bet my life on it, but I feel this result is very possible if our coaches have corrected our problems. Hopefully Skipper is ready to go, if not , we could very well have another 2 win season

Depends on a lot of things... qb development, play of jucos, injury situation, offseason adjustments, etc. but I really think we’ll be in a bowl game once it’s all said and done at the end of the season.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Depends on a lot of things... qb development, play of jucos, injury situation, offseason adjustments, etc. but I really think we’ll be in a bowl game once it’s all said and done at the end of the season.
I agree, it's not like we were a Bill Blankenship type of team were we just got the crap kicked out of us. We were competitive in most of our losses

We also don’t have a Bill Blankenship coach who just doubles down on what he was doing to prove he’s smarter than everyone else. Which is why there is hope.

This is why I’m optimistic. Montgomery has busted his ass this offseason making adjustments and trying to get things fixed with jucos.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Improved defense with coaching changes for sure.

6-6 with a beatdown on some poor schumck in a minor bowl would just tickle me pink! Anything better than that and I'm egg-static! TU Football: 1st,last,always!

Reactions: TULSARISING
Im with Quincy 6-6 plus bowl W to 7-6.
Bonus would be 7-6 plus bow W to 8-5.
Just win baby.
An upset in Fayttenam would make my year.

I definitely think we’ll see improvement this coming season, but I’m really looking forward to when we get to have an actual qb play in a couple of years.

Okay, I looked at this long and hard for days. With the blue and gold glasses on and off. With the pessimism of last season on my shoulders. With wild optimism. I think I have a cold, hard, wild guess at the outcome. And it isn't going to be popular. Here's my way-too-early-I-reserve-the-right-to-amend-after-Spring-Training-and-closer-to-opening-day prediction:

W vs. Central Arkansas.
L @ Texas
W vs. Arkansas State
L @ Temple
L @ Houston
L vs. USF
L @ Arkansas
W vs. Tulane
W vs UCONN
L @ Memphis
L @ Navy
W vs SMU

5-7. We may steal a road win or two, but we may also lose at home to an Arkansas State team who has the inside path to a 10 win season or to a question mark of an SMU team. So many unknowns obviously. I think we were closer last season than it felt like, but I was not left with a warm fuzzy feeling. Still, I think we will be improved enough to be playing the end of the season trying to earn a bowl birth.

If we are well out of bowl contention, I will need significant emotional help well beyond that which Mr. Daniels and Mr. Beam were able to provide last season.

Now, I also really hope I'm wrong and that we stomp everyone and see students heading into Arkansas wearing 12-0 shirts, this time for the win. When that happens, please copy and paste this post and tell me what a nay-saying moron I am. I'd be so happy.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Okay, I looked at this long and hard for days. With the blue and gold glasses on and off. With the pessimism of last season on my shoulders. With wild optimism. I think I have a cold, hard, wild guess at the outcome. And it isn't going to be popular. Here's my way-too-early-I-reserve-the-right-to-amend-after-Spring-Training-and-closer-to-opening-day prediction:

W vs. Central Arkansas.
L @ Texas
W vs. Arkansas State
L @ Temple
L @ Houston
L vs. USF
L @ Arkansas
W vs. Tulane
W vs UCONN
L @ Memphis
L @ Navy
W vs SMU

5-7. We may steal a road win or two, but we may also lose at home to an Arkansas State team who has the inside path to a 10 win season or to a question mark of an SMU team. So many unknowns obviously. I think we were closer last season than it felt like, but I was not left with a warm fuzzy feeling. Still, I think we will be improved enough to be playing the end of the season trying to earn a bowl birth.

If we are well out of bowl contention, I will need significant emotional help well beyond that which Mr. Daniels and Mr. Beam were able to provide last season.

Now, I also really hope I'm wrong and that we stomp everyone and see students heading into Arkansas wearing 12-0 shirts, this time for the win. When that happens, please copy and paste this post and tell me what a nay-saying moron I am. I'd be so happy.

Hard to disagree with most of this. I do think we pick up a win on the road somewhere to make it 6-6 though.

Temple will be replacing a 4 year starting QB won't they? I could see that being a W.

Memphis will be replacing their QB as well. That could be a W too.

W vs. Central Arkansas.
L @ Texas
W vs. Arkansas State
L @ Temple
L @ Houston
L vs. USF
L @ Arkansas
W vs. Tulane
W vs UCONN
L @ Memphis
L @ Navy
W vs SMU

Same analysis, but I think we win at Temple in a weird one, then play a lower tiered team in the bowl to get to 7 wins. So I went with 7-6.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Here is my guess

W vs. Central Arkansas.
W @ Texas (remember the win @ Notre Dame)
W vs. Arkansas State
W @ Temple
W @ Houston
W vs. USF
L @ Arkansas
W vs. Tulane
W vs UCONN
W @ Memphis
L @ Navy
W vs SMU

10-2 and a decent bowl.

Here is my guess

W vs. Central Arkansas.
W @ Texas (remember the win @ Notre Dame)
W vs. Arkansas State
W @ Temple
W @ Houston
W vs. USF
L @ Arkansas
W vs. Tulane
W vs UCONN
W @ Memphis
L @ Navy
W vs SMU

10-2 and a decent bowl.

Appreciate the optimism - I hope you’re right!

I don't know bout anybody else, but I think we've got a real shot at Arkansas this year if we can put a decent team on the field.(one that can throw better than last year) I really think it's going to be a tough year for them until Morris has a year or so to recruit some non plodders. I think it'll be a real clash between the team he's got(Bielma recruits) and his style of play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT