ADVERTISEMENT

Florida University Central Knights game thread

TU 1978

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2009
TU trails 33 - 35 at the half.

Opponent is getting some home cooking plus some turnovers haven’t helped.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
TU takes a 2 point lead. Maddie with back to back threes and Gallego’s with a put back.

Fun group to watch and I enjoy watching Nelp coach. This was yet another good win by the ladies.

I’ll defer to the BB guru’s here but it seems Nelp substitutes well. Rotation is deep and I never have that sinking feeling of “oh no” when a new player comes into the game.

I’ll defer to the BB guru’s here but it seems Nelp substitutes well. Rotation is deep and I never have that sinking feeling of “oh no” when a new player comes into the game.
I'm not a guru, but as you, I've seen enough ball through the years to say your assessment is on point.

Also I would like to know what Nelp told Mayberry on the bench in the 4th quarter. It was early in the 4th she was having a conversation with Mayberry while play continued. Mayberry seemed focused listening to Nelp. Mayberry came back in the game and hit clutch shots including several threes.

Reactions: TU 1978
11 turnover itwas obvious what coach talked about at halftime. rather than wnit lets think about wnca a

Also I would like to know what Nelp told Mayberry on the bench in the 4th quarter. It was early in the 4th she was having a conversation with Mayberry while play continued. Mayberry seemed focused listening to Nelp. Mayberry came back in the game and hit clutch shots including several threes.
I’ve seen her do this in other games and she has the total attention of the player during their conversation. She seems to be using these moments to make corrections or help the players improve during the game.

So I saw a TV commercial for the women’s team, and their game vs USF. So cool to see the women get the limelight.

Everybody needs to be there for the USF game and every other home game. Yes that includes me.

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU_BLA
This team has more depth than last year and a bit more size that can actually compete and move vs the statues Mossman brought in. And this was an excellent win in the road against a team that has had our number the last few seasons. Road wins against good teams are always impressive.

On to USF!!!

Edit: maybe we should focus on the next 3 games that happen before we play USF

Last edited:
This team has more depth than last year and a bit more size that can actually compete and move vs the statues Mossman brought in. And this was an excellent win in the road against a team that has had our number the last few seasons. Road wins against good teams are always impressive.

Nelp actually incorporated some of the players that Mossman had recruited and her first year (and this one) is a mix of those players. This year has more of an influence of Nelp’s recruits and the thing we see from them is that they all play well as a team, don’t give up when they are behind, and play hard for 40 minutes. They are fun to watch!

Nelp actually incorporated some of the players that Mossman had recruited and her first year (and this one) is a mix of those players. This year has more of an influence of Nelp’s recruits and the thing we see from them is that they all play well as a team, don’t give up when they are behind, and play hard for 40 minutes. They are fun to watch!
I know Nelp is still using a few players Mossman brought in, but Mossman's teams lacked a lot of size and relied almost solely on 3's. Her teams struggled to rebound against teams that had any size (or athleticism for that matter). Nelp has been adding size but those players can also run the floor and move their feet. TBH, Nelp has them playing a slightly less phrenetic 40 minutes of hell style. The second we grab a defensive rebound we are sprinting down the floor and pushing the pace (which also dictates needing at least a 10 deep rotation). I know a couple of the players coming in next year have some great size and skill and the girl from Edmond (?) who is one of the top recruits in OK has us in her final 6 (along with OSU and Kansas I believe). My fear is Nelp is going to get grabbed up by a P5 before the rebuild here is complete. This team is a borderline NCAA team this year and not dropping any questionable games, i.e. only losing a game to USF, Tulane, and maybe SMU might have us in that convo.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I know Nelp is still using a few players Mossman brought in, but Mossman's teams lacked a lot of size and relied almost solely on 3's. Her teams struggled to rebound against teams that had any size (or athleticism for that matter). Nelp has been adding size but those players can also run the floor and move their feet. TBH, Nelp has them playing a slightly less phrenetic 40 minutes of hell style. The second we grab a defensive rebound we are sprinting down the floor and pushing the pace (which also dictates needing at least a 10 deep rotation). I know a couple of the players coming in next year have some great size and skill and the girl from Edmond (?) who is one of the top recruits in OK has us in her final 6 (along with OSU and Kansas I believe). My fear is Nelp is going to get grabbed up by a P5 before the rebuild here is complete. This team is a borderline NCAA team this year and not dropping any questionable games, i.e. only losing a game to USF, Tulane, and maybe SMU might have us in that convo.
From what I read after her hire, one of the reasons Nelp accepted the job is family related. She wanted to be near and have her kids near family. Hopefully that and investment in the program keep her here. Only three other jobs might boost that proximity and one just replaced their HC this year.

From what I read after her hire, one of the reasons Nelp accepted the job is family related. She wanted to be near and have her kids near family. Hopefully that and investment in the program keep her here. Only three other jobs might boost that proximity and one just replaced their HC this year.
And OU's coach hasn't been on the job very long as well after Sherri Coale retired

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT