ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Phillip Montgomery … enough is enough

This team has no momentum. There's never any consistency or signs of improvement. This is the 3rd Saturday this season where the product on the field ruins my weekend. Especially when I see Monty squatting down with his hands on his knees as we're getting brutalized... Go sit on the bench or something...

Curious to hear if the postgame talk by Monty sounds like an I'm fired response.

Barely sounded like he took responsibility for the game. Left you feeling like he was hopeful and that we needed the week off. Not how I was hoping he would sound. Sounds like he is going to hold on to the bitter end, when we refuse to give him the paycheck. Hopefully that comes sooner than later.

Barely sounded like he took responsibility for the game. Left you feeling like he was hopeful and that we needed the week off. Not how I was hoping he would sound. Sounds like he is going to hold on to the bitter end, when we refuse to give him the paycheck. Hopefully that comes sooner than later.
He was hard to read but I agree he did not sound defeated like Haith at the end.

He was hard to read but I agree he did not sound defeated like Haith at the end.
That’s unfortunate. He needs a good dose of reality. Fire him now and let Farmer coach the team. He’ll have a week off to get organized.

Reactions: TulsaAM
That’s unfortunate. He needs a good dose of reality. Fire him now and let Farmer coach the team. He’ll have a week off to get organized.
yeah, let Farmer take over? His O-line is pathetic. I don't think there is a single assistant that is capable.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
yeah, let Farmer take over? His O-line is pathetic. I don't think there is a single assistant that is capable.
Farmer or Wells have some offensive experience and in at least coordinator roles. Do you think your new DC is ready to step in as an interim?

I will not attend another game until Montgomery is gone!
Considering your location, that we just played Navy, and we don't play East Carolina that's a pretty strong statement coming from you. 😜 What's the next game you will miss, October of next year maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
Considering your location, that we just played Navy, and we don't play East Carolina that's a pretty strong statement coming from you. 😜 What's the next game you will miss, October of next year maybe.
Well Navy is just over two hour drive, ECU is a 3 and a half hour drive. Myrtle Beach is a 6 hour drive. When I attend a game it’s way more than just a ticket to the game. Plus I do come to Oklahoma at times. Lol

I’m afraid that if he was safe at 3-6 he’s safe at 2-4.

I know it wont help this year, but it would show admin support and allow the search process to begin now.

I'm used to mediocre FB with Monty so I'm not that bothered by this honestly, been here, done that. But it pisses me off that the admin is actually finally trying hard with tailgates and fan experience to build a fan base and they're getting kicked in the nuts by Monty's crappy coaching. Maybe that's our one hope he'll get fired, if Brad wants to build athletics as a draw for the community then he can't have Monty around.

The Carolina Panthers have just fired Matt Rhule. We should be contacting him. (Of course Nebraska needs a coach and Rhule should be their first call).

Carson will 100% make sure he's fired. He doesn't want anything average, in or out of the classroom, and I guarantee he's embarrassed right now.

He is five levels above our pay grade.
Someone had to say it. Rhule is clearly not a realistic option. I like the Konkol hire for basketball, so another hire of a young fiery up and comer is something i would be all about. We need a coach who is a GAME MANAGER instead of trying to be the coordinator himself. Someone who pays attention to detail.

....and is a tireless recruiter. Someone who can create an offense that puts points up in droves, and draws fans back to the stadium.

He is five levels above our pay grade.
It doesn't mean you don't call him and find out what he's thinking. Sure he'll probably end up at Nebraska b/c they're high profile and will throw gobs of $ at him...but if you're serious about changing the trajectory of your program...you call him.

And I bet ND is wondering how easily they could move on from their current guy. Rhule seems to be a natural fit for Notre Dame based on style and personality...much more so than in Nebraska.

Someone had to say it. Rhule is clearly not a realistic option. I like the Konkol hire for basketball, so another hire of a young fiery up and comer is something i would be all about. We need a coach who is a GAME MANAGER instead of trying to be the coordinator himself. Someone who pays attention to detail.
I agree. I’ve always said the head coach is like a CEO, he hires the right people to take them to the top then makes sure they work together to achieve set goals. When he gets bogged down in the minor details and doesn’t trust his employees then the company (team) suffers.

Reactions: TU_BLA
At this point , I’m willing to give GJ and Milkman a shot , one as head coach and the other as OC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT