ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Friendly Call Ups USMNT

They looked slow, very, very slow. When we were good speed and quickness was always our forte. Our guys might not be as skilled as yours but they could get to the ball first and beat you on the wings. These guys didn’t look like they could outrun a 5-year old.
And I don't think the appearance of being slow is because the athletes aren't fast enough. I think they lacked effort, focus, and urgency. All 3 are needed to win a 50/50 ball over an opponent.

There's a ton of crap flying around on Twitter and stories of how Jay Berhalter manipulated the coaching search (for obvious reasons). One report is saying Tab Ramos was set to be named the interim HC instead of the guy who got it but Jay Berhalter nixed it amid fear that Ramos would 1) be liked by the current pool of players and 2) do well enough to earn the gig through at least the next qualifying cycle.

I think I was in Ramos' corner after JK got fired. He knows how to develop players as evidenced by the U17/U19/U21 successes at the most recent WCs for those age groups and he certainly understands the tactical side of the game in an advanced way. I'm sure someone on here has a story of why he should not be...but I've come to the conclusion that there's always at least one reason for any candidate to not get a job.

Reactions: quincy101
I liked Berhalter using Yedlin as a MF vs a defender the other night. He is always looking to go forward anyway and he has the athleticism to do so. He also will come back and play solid D when he needs to do so.

Morris is growing on me playing on the outside. He’s been playing smart and has a high soccer IQ. He doesn’t try to hold the ball too long to make something happen and he’s physical enough around the box to win a few balls and create chances.

Backline was good again. We still give the ball away too much in the middle 1/3. The one I saw in the 1st half that’s be having me find a replacement on the bench right away was McKennie trying to play the ball back to a defender and passing it straight to a Canadian MF. Atrocious and inexcusable. He wasn’t even being pressured.

When I see Morris, I think MAGA or Dude needs to shower. Even on Wednesday before the game at the press gaggle he looks like your fraternity brother who went to the gym everyday and the shower twice a week.

You know the guy I’m talking about. All y’all had a friend like him. Probably chewed on a plastic straw all the time. Couldn’t make better than a B. Showed up late to intramurals every time. Made you a margarita without triple sec and said it tasted great. He’s got a pretty good job out in Broken Arrow. He’s on wife number 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Boyd looked like ol’ Huff out of defensive positioning to set up his striker with a cheeky back heel.

Pitch was bad. Game difficult to watch. Glad the island got 100 extra tourists. They need to abolish this durn arst tourney.

It was definitely difficult to watch. The pitch was so bad that even the goals we scored looked like crap. Morris seemed right at home lol

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT