HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Last edited:
Reactions: quincy101
No Jozy, Bradley, Omar.

Sargent is in.

Some real young guys. The Ajax kid is a surprise. Glad to see Paxton Pomykal get a chance before the games matter.

Zardes Trapp Guzan and Ream seem to be there to pass the torch.

Will John Brooks actually show up?

What do you all think?

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/20...layers-for-matches-against-mexico-and-uruguay
No Arriola either. It was mentioned the Toronto FC guys taking a pass to rest up for the final playoff push in MLS. I'm OK with it. I'm not OK with Trapp at all. We know he's not the answer. Everyone who has watched him play in a game knows he possesses neither the soccer IQ or pace of play to even be a serviceable fill-in at the international level. I am surprised that Lletget

I'm assuming Tyler Adams is still injured. And there's no Timothy Weah on the list and we all know he needs to be part of the picture when things get real.

Question for everyone out there...the MF is getting pretty crowded with some quality players. Could we see someone like McKennie start transitioning to the 6? Or might we start seeing Lletget or Roldan take over that role? I've not been terribly impressed with Lletget, but I'm becoming more of a Roldan fan as he seems to be able to do everything and hold things up in the MF when needed..and he's a pretty good distributor of the ball. I'd worry about his size in that role.

Beer?halter is nothing if not consistent with his "core" group for the WC battles. Such as: the 3 L's-Lima,Long & Lovitz; add Lletget as a 4th L; Guzan, Ream, Trapp(please-anyone but this kid at center mid), & of course Zardes & Steffen(who I am seriously beginning to doubt as our #1). I like the surprises such as Alfredo Morales in the midfield(it's about time!), Sargent & Sergino Dest who is doing very well with Ajax. I also like Pomykal who rightly gets a chance. Yes, Adams is hurt-dang! John Brooks who is back & healthy-hallelujah!

Mexico is 9/6 & Uraguay is the 10th. I'm worried about both.

Beer?halter is nothing if not consistent with his "core" group for the WC battles. Such as: the 3 L's-Lima,Long & Lovitz; add Lletget as a 4th L; Guzan, Ream, Trapp(please-anyone but this kid at center mid), & of course Zardes & Steffen(who I am seriously beginning to doubt as our #1). I like the surprises such as Alfredo Morales in the midfield(it's about time!), Sargent & Sergino Dest who is doing very well with Ajax. I also like Pomykal who rightly gets a chance. Yes, Adams is hurt-dang! John Brooks who is back & healthy-hallelujah!

Mexico is 9/6 & Uraguay is the 10th. I'm worried about both.
Trapp has not been playing the 10, he's been playing the 6 which doesn't require as much pace as the 10 but quicker decision making and pin point accuracy on passes if you hope to work the ball out of the back against a quick, high pressing team. Trapp does not possess those 2. He is slow to make decisions and his passing is not good for this level of soccer. McKennie played the 10 in Gold Cup. Pulisic who is a traditional 10-style player seems to be more effective at one of the outside forward spots and he's not subjected to as much physicality against the outside defenders. Sargent is a solid center striker. He's not as big or strong as Jozy but does a pretty good job of holding the ball up and he's probably a little more technically skilled than Jozy is.

I've seen Pomykal play. He's an excellent technical player but IMO, he's still a bit immature in the way he plays. And I'll be honest, I haven't seen Dest or Morales play at all so I don't know much about them.

As far as bringing in Guzan for friendlies...it's fine and he deserves it. He has been the best GK in MLS all year (actually he's been as good or better than I've ever seen him play this year). It's important to bring a guy like Guzan in (or Howard) to show the new GKs how to prepare for int'l play. It's not the same as the week in/week out league grind some of these guys are used to.

And the US should be worried about every int'l game they play from here on out. There should be an air of urgency surrounding every int'l game because honestly, that lack of preparedness and urgency was the reason they failed to qualify for the WC. Berhalter's goal should be to win every one of the int'l games, not mess around with combinations, etc. They weren't far off in the Gold Cup from Mexico and outside of Chicharito, they didn't hold a ton of guys back (is Chicharito even in their plans for the next cycle?). Uruguay is a different beast. And Pulisic needs to make sure he stays far away from Suarez...hate to see Pulisic looking like van Gogh over a friendly.

There'll soon be call-ups for a concacaf tourney in Oct. which has implications for WC quals. It's Poop or Pot time for Beer?halter. Stick with the same ol same olds or call up some new, young blood to develop & replace a few non-entities he's in love with. For example, a recent SI article by Ari Creditor lists Alex Mendez & Sebastian Soto as worthy of a call-up. Both can score as I have noted repeatedly. But here's the rub: Mendez is eligible for the Mex NT & Soto for Chile. If neither see any time with our Sr's, they might jump to another NT. What a waste! Sergino Dest can go Dutch, but he just got a call-up.

Recent Dest & Pomykal call-ups give me some hope. But the Beer?halters may stick with the "core" group till the WC & say "so what" if we lose these promising youngsters.

This stuff of being able to play for multiple countries because your grandparents may have lived somewhere is crap. The kid born in LA is a US citizen so he should be eligible for US only, IMO. If his parents wanted him to play for Mexico then they could have stayed there. And I am all for immigration as I believe our diversity enhances our overall culture. I think this is one thing FIFA over complicates. I like Tyler abound but the second he suited up for New Zealand, he is a New Zealand player. I understand a lot of guys have dual citizenship.

But I agree...Berhalter needs to bring in the squad he wants for the WC to be this team in the CONCACAF Nations Cup. While it will have some bearing on WC qualifying, it won’t affect the US much unless they really tank. The US sits 22 spots ahead of Costa Rica and is 2nd in the FIFA rankings of CONCACAF nations. The drop off from Costa Rica to 4th is even greater. Top 6 auto qualify for the hex....sort of. #4 will play a playin game vs #7 which will be determined by 8 brackets of 3 or 4 teams comprised of teams ranked 7-35. Each bracket winner is them paired into an 8 team bracket....the winner of that bracket is team #7 and plays team #4 for a spot in the hex. Rankings as of June 1, 2020 will determine where teams are placed.

Young Mr. C. Pulisic will be well rested for the Concacaf tourney in October. That's because he hasn't played one stinkin minute in Chelsea's last 5 or maybe 6 as of yesterday & he's healthy. Just riding Lampard's pine. I guess Frankie has decided to go with mostly veterans( except for Mount & Tammie who's been on a scoring tear). Wonder what's going through CP's mind right about now? Hope the kid's level headed as well as a world class player.

Probably pending loan. Frank’s got some domestic pressure to play young English players on his roster.

Man, a loan out would absolutely shock me. It's also something Lampard might come to regret.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Young Mr. C. Pulisic will be well rested for the Concacaf tourney in October. That's because he hasn't played one stinkin minute in Chelsea's last 5 or maybe 6 as of yesterday & he's healthy. Just riding Lampard's pine. I guess Frankie has decided to go with mostly veterans( except for Mount & Tammie who's been on a scoring tear). Wonder what's going through CP's mind right about now? Hope the kid's level headed as well as a world class player.
Tammie is big and physical and somehow finds space...he's not the most gifted technical player. Mount is a really goo player and I think part of the problem for Pulisic is that he and Mount are very similar in style of play and where they are most comfortable on the pitch. And I'll disagree with Huffy in that he might be a loan candidate but it won't be for a team in EPL and I think it might be hard to even got a a top Bundesliga side right now. Maybe Italy...Roma? Inter? There'd be no point in coming to MLS now that the season is over. He needs to be playing though. That's the only way you get better.

This stuff of being able to play for multiple countries because your grandparents may have lived somewhere is crap. The kid born in LA is a US citizen so he should be eligible for US only, IMO. If his parents wanted him to play for Mexico then they could have stayed there. And I am all for immigration as I believe our diversity enhances our overall culture. I think this is one thing FIFA over complicates. I like Tyler abound but the second he suited up for New Zealand, he is a New Zealand player. I understand a lot of guys have dual citizenship.

But I agree...Berhalter needs to bring in the squad he wants for the WC to be this team in the CONCACAF Nations Cup. While it will have some bearing on WC qualifying, it won’t affect the US much unless they really tank. The US sits 22 spots ahead of Costa Rica and is 2nd in the FIFA rankings of CONCACAF nations. The drop off from Costa Rica to 4th is even greater. Top 6 auto qualify for the hex....sort of. #4 will play a playin game vs #7 which will be determined by 8 brackets of 3 or 4 teams comprised of teams ranked 7-35. Each bracket winner is them paired into an 8 team bracket....the winner of that bracket is team #7 and plays team #4 for a spot in the hex. Rankings as of June 1, 2020 will determine where teams are placed.
If not for the ability of a player to choose another country other than his birth country we would have been much worse 30 or so years ago than we were. Many of our important players back then were British, German, etc. citizens, often offspring of American servicemen, who chose the US when they didn’t get to play on their home country’s team.

If not for the ability of a player to choose another country other than his birth country we would have been much worse 30 or so years ago than we were. Many of our important players back then were British, German, etc. citizens, often offspring of American servicemen, who chose the US when they didn’t get to play on their home country’s team.
I'm not talking about those situations. Kids born to US serviceman are US citizens. Individuals who marry US citizens are US citizens. My pet peeve is the parents who immigrate from Mexico (or other places) to the US for the specific reason of making sure their kids are born here so they can be US citizens or raised in the US for a better life and the hope of becoming a US citizen, who then turn their back on the US when the opportunity arises.

I'm not talking about those situations. Kids born to US serviceman are US citizens. Individuals who marry US citizens are US citizens. My pet peeve is the parents who immigrate from Mexico (or other places) to the US for the specific reason of making sure their kids are born here so they can be US citizens or raised in the US for a better life and the hope of becoming a US citizen, who then turn their back on the US when the opportunity arises.

I've always wondered about this. The last US Mexico soccer match in Chicago probably had 50% of the crowd supporting Mexico. Many of them are the very ones who fled Mexico for a better life here and became US citizens. Yet, they sitll support the country where they sought to escape from not the country which now affords them opportunities they never had south of the border.

What do you think the US needs to do in order to be compete at the highest level in international soccer? It seems we regressed a bit over the past 8 years or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I've always wondered about this. The last US Mexico soccer match in Chicago probably had 50% of the crowd supporting Mexico. Many of them are the very ones who fled Mexico for a better life here and became US citizens. Yet, they sitll support the country where they sought to escape from not the country which now affords them opportunities they never had south of the border.
You describe something that makes my blood boil. It just bothers me. Mind you, I grew up in an area of Massachusetts that probably was about 50% ethnic Portuguese (or more in certain pockets) that I know rooted for Portugal against the US in the 2014 World Cup.

You describe something that makes my blood boil. It just bothers me. Mind you, I grew up in an area of Massachusetts that probably was about 50% ethnic Portuguese (or more in certain pockets) that I know rooted for Portugal against the US in the 2014 World Cup.

My company is very involved in the Latino community here in Tulsa. We have several bilingual employees and sponsor a number of events. I'll ask them for us and let you know :)

My company is very involved in the Latino community here in Tulsa. We have several bilingual employees and sponsor a number of events. I'll ask them for us and let you know :)
The team my son played on 4 years ago (2nd yr at TSC) was made up of 5 white kids and 6 Hispanic players and 1 kid who was 1/2 Irish/1/2 Ecuadorian. It was about the time when the US was playing Mexico and the Hispanic kids were all trash talking about how Mexico was going to kill the US because they were playing in Azteca. The white kids were all like "What are you talking about?" Most of them didn't even know the US was playing Mexico whereas all the Hispanic kids knew and they also knew where their loyalties were. And I don't think it's just soccer. I don't see kids in the US caring about the Olympics with national pride and certainly not interested in USMNT soccer unless it's the World Cup. Not the same with other countries, especially the Latin American countries.

Look at the Int'l Champions Cup tournament this summer. Biggest draws were the Mexican teams from Liga MX. Dallas was packed as were a couple of other US venues...and it wasn't even the good Liga MX teams playing. Chivas Guadalajara was playing one of the games and the freaking stands were shaking it was so loud...and Chivas has sucked the last few years.

Oh my! You have to assume that this is the group Beer?halter will go to quals & WC war with. Otherwise, he is still jacking around with a few "experiments". Not saying they can't play-simply that it's now time to get a permanent 23 or 24 for the long haul. 5 or 6 of these will be at the 2020 Olympics, but we need permanence in personnel.

BTW, while watching a little Champ League recently, I saw Jesse Marsch prowling the Salzburg sideline. He must be doing well if his club team is in the ChLg. I doubt that the top Austrian league is very tough among the European powerhouse leagues, but it's a major success for him anyway. Speaking of success, Marsch's Salzburg side played the Euro Champs(who we all know is Liverpool) even up for 70 minutes till Mo. Salah breaks their hearts with his 2nd. Reds 4 Salz. 3

Just in case hell freezes over & the USMNT starts looking for a replacement head coach, Jesse Marsch is an intriguing prospect( & I'm certain he speaks English very, very well).

Oh my! You have to assume that this is the group Beer?halter will go to quals & WC war with. Otherwise, he is still jacking around with a few "experiments". Not saying they can't play-simply that it's now time to get a permanent 23 or 24 for the long haul. 5 or 6 of these will be at the 2020 Olympics, but we need permanence in personnel.

BTW, while watching a little Champ League recently, I saw Jesse Marsch prowling the Salzburg sideline. He must be doing well if his club team is in the ChLg. I doubt that the top Austrian league is very tough among the European powerhouse leagues, but it's a major success for him anyway. Speaking of success, Marsch's Salzburg side played the Euro Champs(who we all know is Liverpool) even up for 70 minutes till Mo. Salah breaks their hearts with his 2nd. Reds 4 Salz. 3

Just in case hell freezes over & the USMNT starts looking for a replacement head coach, Jesse Marsch is an intriguing prospect( & I'm certain he speaks English very, very well).
I believe Marsch is the first American coach to coach in the UCL...I think I saw that tweeted out when the group stage draw came out a couple months ago.

And the game with LFC yesterday was weird. LFC came out fast scoring 3 times in the first 30 min or so. RB Salzburg pulled one back just before the halftime whistle. Salzburg then scored 2 relatively quickly after the half before Salah's winner. It appears LFC had one of those brain burp 15 minutes or so.

As for USMNT head coach...USSF is not putting anyone in that position who does not expressly agree to using 70% MLS players. I don't think Marsch would agree to that. I'm not even sure Bradley would agree to that seeing as how LAFC's success is mostly based on international players, not US players.

Well, Weah, Brooks & Adams are hurt. It doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be called up for Oly's or quals. Also, another youngster-S.Dent(even though called up to the Sr's. & played recently in friendlies) has told Beer?halter to shove a call up for this tourney. He's literally going Dutch. Better not happen to Mendez or Soto.

I have no idea what constitutes a commitment to a nation or not. Dest played in the last set of friendlies for the US, does that not constitute being capped as a US player?

I
I have no idea what constitutes a commitment to a nation or not
Me either. I'm guessing it's how many matches you play with the Sr. NT. And I'm wrong about Sergino Dest going Dutch. He's got himself another month to decide who to play for by NOT participating in upcoming tourney. So, it'll be a month before he announces:USA or the Netherlands.

expressly agree to using 70% MLS players. I don't think Marsch would agree to that.
Had never heard of the "70%" rule. It must be Jay Beer?halter & Co. at the USSF HQ. Brilliant! We'll continue to bask in mediocrity while these clowns run the show.

Had never heard of the "70%" rule. It must be Jay Beer?halter & Co. at the USSF HQ. Brilliant! We'll continue to bask in mediocrity while these clowns run the show.
I don't know that that is written in stone, but there is an unwritten mandate that USMNT must feature a majority of MLS players. Klinsmann was sort of pissed about that.

Couple of things:

1) The “quota” is to get the guys enough caps to qualify for work permits to move up to the EPL and be sold at a profit. Your price as a player going to Germany or Spain plummets if you can’t show tape of what you are doing against international competition and they know you can’t go negotiate against them with teams in the UK who speak the only language you speak and have money to burn.

2) USMNT fans are so fickle. Unless you really followed MLS closely, were a fan of the Chicago Fire or NY Redbulls, or his mom, nobody had heard of him or what he was doing until that clip went viral. And it went viral in Europe before anybody in the USA cares. Most only heard it because Klopp made some jacka$$ comments about it.

Just two months ago you guys were talking about Pulisic scoring in a friendly and I had to point out he was the coach and who he was and what he was doing. None of you cared or commented. You knew nothing about him.

For some of you, it didn’t even register he was going to be coaching in the Champions League. You heard minor country pro league and tuned out. Go back and look at the thread.

Now suddenly he gets some buzz and should be coaching our team.

I’ve always liked and admired Jesse. What little I played I was a foul instigating midfielder with a running motor and mouth. I used my brain to overcome considerable athletic deficits when man marking. He was the same. Along with Frankie, he played every game of the first fourteen seasons of MLS. He left NY Red Bull as their all time winningest coach.

I’ve had a lot fun and a lot of memories following this team since 1987. I’ve had players stay in my home, met many of them on road trips, rubbed shoulders in hotel lobbys and I’ve got a nice glass credenza at work filled with signed memorabilia thrown into the crowd or handed to me while sitting in airports, buses, or mailed out of the blue by US Soccer. Signed Howard gloves weren’t as cool as him saying thanks for traveling to Honduras under risky conditions. A 1998 Harkes jersey he sent through friends to me. But up there in value is a time I had dinner with Jesse and a few other assistants when he was at Princeton and they were in Florida scouting players. Princeton? If you know US Soccer, then you know Princeton means Bob Bradley.

Jesse is the ultimate Bob Bradley protege. He played for Bob at Princeton and was an All American. Was drafted by DC when Bob was hired as an assistant, then left to go to the Fire when Bob was named head coach there. He was the core of Bobs teams when he was there. Bob named him a USMNT assistant when he retired from playing and was on the bench in 2010 during that miracle run.

That is to say, you hire him, you hire Bradley and his pragmatic play. So pop down to your local soccer pub and take a poll and ask who should be the next coach of the USMNT. Nobody will say Bob Bradley. But Bob is the best candidate right now probably. He’s a proven elite international winner with Jozy Altidore lol. He’s tearing up MLS again.

My point is that the USA needs more than a hot name. And I like Jesse A LOT, as a player, coach and person. This isn’t his cycle if Berhalter gets the hook, even though Jesse already has a better resume than Jay/Greg. If he smashes the ceiling and is coaching in top flight Europe in 2022, then maybe we think about taking the PR hit of spending a chunk of what we make off the World Cup and bring him in, rather than spending it on the women’s game. That’s is if you want Bob Bradley 2.0. Do you?

Huffy totally lost me with references to"quota", "clip went viral" & "CP scoring ....coach" above. Please explain if you care to. I don't follow MLS until the playoffs, but I do recall J. Marsch having a nice career playing & coaching in MLS. So, it was a nice surprise to see an" American" coaching a team in the ChLg & doing so well vs the Champs.

To me, for the USMNT, it's all about having int'l experience playing & coaching. Beer?halter fails at the former & has none of the latter(although as Huffy has mentioned before, our talent pool hasn't sucked this bad in 30 years). I really don't care who is coaching the MNT as long as they have an eye for talent(younger or older - wherever they play) & the proper experience to deal with the teams they'll play in the WC which have an abundance of both.

And let's not forget that the stench emenating from the USSF still lingers long after the alleged "MNT coaching search". Over 2 dozen resumes submitted to E. Stewart, many with successful international careers...and only 3 get interviews-TaTa, Greg B. & can't remember the other. Not to mention the ridiculous "english" language "requirement". I just hope we get to the Group Stage in 2022. With the current "leadership" well, you know me, I'm always worried about my beloved USMNT.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Clip. They were down 3 to nil at half in a champions league game against Liverpool and tied it before giving up a late winner. NY Red Bull’s have about the same amount of talent so this inspiring speech got a lot of buzz

Last edited:
Quota referred to the rumors of the supposed unofficial minimum number of MLS players who must appear on every US roster. There are plenty of rumors about it. There is a financial conflict of interest of having the same company, still controlled by Sunil Gulati, handle the marketing of both USSF and MLS. Which creates the perception that SUM is telling players, to benefit their contractual partners, but mostly MLS, that you have to play in the domestic league if you want to play in a World Cup unless you are signed to a huge club in Europe (and MLS makes money off the transfer). So they restrict appearance spots to MLS players and elite club players when available. This sometimes but not always keeps the better than average players out of lesser countries and second division sides.

what I think it is really about, if it exists, is that you can’t get a work permit to play in the EPL as a USA passport holder unless you appear in a high percentage of your national team games or can claim familial status. So monolingual English speaking American players are locked out of signing chances at the only clubs in Europe where English is the primary language. So they are stacking the roster to give the kids caps in case they can be sold by MLS and they won’t have to go to Benefica or where ever and get a low ball transfer fee and salary offer because they don’t speak Portuguese or whatever. A la the deals with Freddie and Jozy etc.

Thread where we talked about Marsch two month ago and some of y’all didn’t know who he was or what he was doing. That isn’t an attack on you guys for not knowing the obscure whereabouts of a guy on the fringes of American soccer. It just a small illustration of the problem with a lot of newer fans, much younger than all of us, who want the next coach to be whoever is mentioned in the latest news cycle due to some minor success or commentators getting wined by agents.

https://tulsa.forums.rivals.com/threads/cp-chelsea-era.18082/#post-260176

Last edited:
Wow, Jesse M. dropping F-bombs in both English & German. I didn't understand 2/3rds of his speech but it must have worked. Salzburg outplayed Liverpool for most of the 2nd half & almost got their point.

Apparently many Germans regularly drop F bombs in English as part of their regular conversation in Deutsch. Which I had no idea about until Muller was discussing this clip on a pod.

Apparently many Germans regularly drop F bombs in English as part of their regular conversation in Deutsch. Which I had no idea about until Muller was discussing this clip on a pod.
There's not a lot of difference between German and English...they both originate from the same base Germanic language. Not sure if there is a true German equivalent of the "f" word.

I always thought Bradley got a raw deal from USSF. Not sure why. He brought the team farther along than any coach before him since the program re-emerged in 1990 and their qualification for Italia '90. And the English language requirement is crap. Nobody could really understand what the hell Bora was saying but the players knew the concepts he was teaching and they did pretty well with it. Didn't he also end up coaching Mexico for a while?

As for the talent pool..it's there. There is plenty of talent for the US to draw from. I would say the combination of players selected for any given side has not been properly thought out. Again, we're probably going to see Zardes play vs Canada tomorrow night but I am 100% positive Sargent is 100x the striker in international play than Zardes is. He's stronger on the ball, he see's the field better, has a better intuition about when and where to make his runs, and he's a much better technical striker than Zardes is. And take your lumps with Yuiell at the 6. I can already tell he's a better player with better pace than Trapp.

Are we now the third best team in North America? I saw nothing tonite to refute that.

I haz a sad. They look like a buncha spoiled turds with no heart. Pulisic even looked like poopoo when I was watching.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Pathetic effort. Bradley makes key mistake/turnover that leads to Canada's 1st goal. Only 2 US players who I thought really wanted to be out there and put forth the effort last night were Jordan Morris and Aaron Long. My notes:

Steffen is a disaster in goal. When is the US going to realize that goalkeeping is so much more than just stopping the ball from going in the net. Steffen is a liability whenever he is asked to dsitribute the ball or be used as an extra player to play out of the back (his technical skill with his feet and his decision making on who to play through are an absolute horror show).

I thought Sargent played OK...but I thought he was being asked to play a role that doesn't suit him. Too many times he was coming back to have a ball played to him in the central MF where I thought McKennie should be that guy. Sargent's strengths are playing high, being an outlet to receive pressure and hold-up the ball, and picking out the right run for an attacking ball. There were very few times where I thought he had an opportunity to display his strengths and that may have been because of the lackluster effort from the US overall.

Pulisic looked disinterested. Yedlin looked like he had no idea how to play defense. Ream is not a center back. Lovitz is not an international level player. I am glad I did not see Will Trapp. I think Jackson Yueill is probably the future at the 6 (IMO the most important role in Berhalter's system).

One of the ways you can tell a team is disconnected is the lack of pace on their passes through the MF. Way too many times...as in they looked like a so-so U14 team who is afraid to pass the ball hard enough too many. I lost count on the number of balls intended for McKennie and Sargent in the central MF that got intercepted and turned into an immediate counter attack because the passes to them lacked enough pace.

This was an absolutely embarrassing loss for the US. Not only did they lose, they looked like they didn't want to be there, like this was some sort of exhibition friendly. The US could have cemented their lock on #2 in CONCACAF with this one. Instead they're going to drop 10 spots in the FIFA rankings. Canada however can use this win to gain valuable ranking points to try to get to #6 in CONCACAF which would be huge for them. It would cement their spot in the hex whereas being #7 means they need to go through the entire initial qualifying stage to get into an 8 team playoff for the #7 CONCACAF spot to have the right to play the #4 team to get into the hex.

USSF needs to blow this thing up and get people who are not married to SUM, Gulati, and MLS to make the decision on who the coach should be. We've discussed it before, but maybe we need to bring in a more unknown entity like Jesse Marsch for a fresh perspective on things.

Ya'll know my opinion on Beer?halter & the cluster-frog that is his USMNT. No further comment.

They looked slow, very, very slow. When we were good speed and quickness was always our forte. Our guys might not be as skilled as yours but they could get to the ball first and beat you on the wings. These guys didn’t look like they could outrun a 5-year old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT