ADVERTISEMENT

Facebook threads

TulsaRulzOSUdrools

I.T.S. Sophomore
May 1, 2007
People should post the most special responses to stories and articles from the 'book. First up for me comes from Suzanne McDonnell.

"TU hires a good coach & then does nothing to help them be successful & then fires them. Same story over & over. Blankenship was another example"

Sorry homegirl hiring high school coaches is never a good way to go.

I replied in another thread about the Facebook response. Long story short, those folks posting that nonsense on Facebook don’t know Jack sh!t about TU, it’s athletic department, and have probably never even been to a game.

Facebook is the worst social media platform out there and the response to this is just one reason why.

O
I replied in another thread about the Facebook response. Long story short, those folks posting that nonsense on Facebook don’t know Jack sh!t about TU, it’s athletic department, and have probably never even been to a game.

Facebook is the worst social media platform out there and the response to this is just one reason why.
One said TU should just join the Big East and drop football, because Oklahoma isn’t big enough to support 3 football teams 😂

If the Facebook crowd was actually interested in Tulsa football, they should’ve bought season tickets for the last 8 seasons. I would guess almost none of them (other than family members given tickets) actually did buy them.
Yep. Just a bunch of ignorant whiners who think their opinions somehow matter in relation to something they have zero clue about.

There’s too many to capture here. The stupid is strong on Facebook right now, although several responses have been that Gundy should have been the one to be fired.
Love him or hate him Gundy is the only reason that program has had a sustained period of reasonable success. Those idiots down the turnpike better enjoy it while he's there and willing to put up with that delusional fan base.

Lol at the quotes about “TU just lost a diehard fan!” And “wins and losses shouldn’t matter at TU” or “TU will never do better than Montgomery!”

Hell half of these posts are so poorly written, it makes me wonder if these people can read at a high school level.

This is truly where stupidly meets ignorance.

Lol at the quotes about “TU just lost a diehard fan!” And “wins and losses shouldn’t matter at TU” or “TU will never do better than Montgomery!”

Hell half of these posts are so poorly written, it makes me wonder if these people can read at a high school level.

This is truly where stupidly meets ignorance.
How can you be a diehard fan and not care at all about winning?

Looks like there are even a few dingleberries on Twitter who feel like now is the right time to try and rip on TU.

Dane Evans just put on Instagram that he “hopes TU knows what it’s doing, because Monty was the best coach he ever played for . “
I can’t wait for GJ or whoever to come in here and win 8-10 games to shut up the morons. Also, they are acting like we are the bottom of the country in pay , last I checked , $1.8 million is a pretty big chunk of change

Reactions: drboobay
Dane Evans just put on Instagram that he “hopes TU knows what it’s doing, because Monty was the best coach he ever played for . “
I can’t wait for GJ or whoever to come in here and win 8-10 games to shut up the morons. Also, they are acting like we are the bottom of the country in pay , last I checked , $1.8 million is a pretty big chunk of change
And I’m tired of hearing concern regarding the “financial situation @TU”
You are right $1.8 is nothing to sneeze at!

I understand Dane's loyalty and appreciate his perspective. But in many ways big time sports (and yes, Tulsa is big time sports) is a game of selling hope. Monty reached his limit in the hope category after 8 years. So we need to try something new to keep the interest level up.

I think time and distance has made Dane's memory a little fuzzy. He spent 3 1/2 years being micromanaged in his play, only to finally be trusted in his last season.

Sorry, but 8 years of mediocrity is more than enough, thank you. I also spoke to an old friend last night that attended games with me for years, and he thought TU was making a mistake because Monty "is a good man."

WTH is wrong with these people?

I think time and distance has made Dane's memory a little fuzzy. He spent 3 1/2 years being micromanaged in his play, only to finally be trusted in his last season.

Sorry, but 8 years of mediocrity is more than enough, thank you. I also spoke to an old friend last night that attended games with me for years, and he thought TU was making a mistake because Monty "is a good man."

It’s mainly people who aren’t even real TU fans , TU has more money now then it did during the Graham and Kragthorpe years while they were consistently winning , so with more money , how does they product become worse ?! Sometimes people who don’t know what they are talking about just need to shut up. These guys are paid millions to win , not be a “ good guy”. If these people are so upset , why didn't they take their happy butt to the games and support him ?

I know Monty was a good guy from everything I've heard...his players loved playing for him it sounds like.

But when was the last time he did anything in the community? The Alzheimer's stuff? Like Huffy says, we need a face of the program, like what they found in Konkol on the BB side.

Reactions: TU 1978

It's pathetic. They think TU having a "good man" is enough and that we shouldn't fire anyone no matter what. I'm so tired of that BS.

Being his own OC got him in trouble a lot. I don’t how many times we got delay of game because he wouldn’t get the play in fast enough. He was also so predictable with 3rd or 4th and short it was a run up the middle everytime He did do a little better this year but I was so tired of him. His team led the nation in penalties in most years and special teams was terrible. Even his last game we gave up a punt return for a touchdown.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Not an alumni so I am 100% sure I’m not considered a TU fan, just someone that lived here all his life.

I’d say the free side of this board has drove me off, although I still attend a few games a year. I’d appreciate if all the bitching and moaning is contained on the pay side.

That’s about all I need to say to the few dozen that own the board……..

Now if there’s one thing that might help turnout for us never getting the college experience, having went to a junior college.

I would say you need a ”visitors center” tent. My son and I tailgate at the Case Tennis complex, wish catbird was still around he seemed to invite anyone

I can honestly say I have wondered around for decades and have never felt welcome at any pre-game event.

Maybe TU could sponsor a tent, maybe some of you wanting to meet/make new fans/friends could let them know and introduce them to your group

Food for thought for more the administration trying to establish a base. I have a few more suggestions but I’ll refrain
There are non alumni on the board who are considered fans.

Being his own OC got him in trouble a lot. I don’t how many times we got delay of game because he wouldn’t get the play in fast enough. He was also so predictable with 3rd or 4th and short it was a run up the middle everytime He did do a little better this year but I was so tired of him. His team led the nation in penalties in most years and special teams was terrible. Even his last game we gave up a punt return for a touchdown.
Nice succinct summary of his problems on the field.

We love non-alum fans - there are some great ones who post regularly!
Not an alumni myself , but grew up going to the games , even as a kid , I was a true Hurricane fan ! I remember one time we had a little parade in school and all the kids who liked OU marched in one section , and all the kids who liked OSU marched in their section , I was the only kid who liked TU so I got my own section of the parade 😂

One other thing I hated about Monty’s teams is no discipline Every game many players would get in the face of opposing players or stand there and mouth at them.To many unsportsmanlike penalties. I was glad number 73 was gone he had two unsportsmanlike penalties in the bowl game last year. Enough of that crap I think Rick and Brad saw this and it helped cook his goose. Montgomery never did anything that I saw about the problems. I have followed TU since the 60’s and he is the only coach I saw that the players had no control or discipline

Last edited:

People are squeamish and immature. They wish that bad things never happened to good people. That would be nice but that's not life, and TU isn't a charity to support multi-millionaires like Monty.

We'll get a new guy and he'll be a good person and he'll be engaging and he'll win games and your friend won't even remember Monty's name.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT